The Outer Worlds

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Outer Worlds

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I said I was never going to pay the developers for a game that was an exclusive on the Epic Game Store, but then I realized that I am a grown adult and it doesn't matter. And also they were selling it legitimately on Steam for far less than what the G2A keys were going for. (Looks back on the last several years) Now is not a time for morals.

It certainly looks nice.

So the guys that did this game worked on one of the Fallouts (New Vegas, I think) and in the modern day Fallouts, you can hit a button to go into a TIME SLOWDOWN super-power called V.A.T.S.

As soon as The Outer Worlds start up, they tell you that if you hit "Q" you can go into a TIME DILATION SLOW DOWN called ... well who knows, I didn't see it, my eyes were rolling right out of my head. Great range here, Obsidian is the Thomas Middleditch of first person role playing games.

So far I don't care though because it looks nice and you can tell what the hell is going on. One of the criticisms is that everyone in the game is ugly. This is true but we'll get to that next.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Re: The Outer Worlds

Post by Jizaboz »

Hm I started a thread somewhere about this. I beat it a while back. I really liked some of the npc interactions.. but I basically went thru the main quest as quick as possible otherwise I got bored.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:53 pm So the guys that did this game worked on one of the Fallouts (New Vegas, I think)
They also made Fallout 2.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »