Wasteland 3

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Wasteland 3

Post by Jizaboz »

Somehow, life goes on in the wasteland!

This game is a total upgrade of the 2nd one. VERY satisfying gun sounds and other feedback. Funny situations, interesting plot, and a non-broken save system! So long as you remember to save your game after pulling off some kick ass shit anyway.

Instantly burned 4 hours. Half an hour of that was creating a party that I later scraped a bit after the first combat after I got a feel how things were gonna go down starting off. Playing on normal difficulty. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

9/10 so far.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roody_Yogurt

Re: Wasteland 3

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Microsoft Game Pass has this thing where you can earn reward points for doing completing quests (I build up my reward points and then use them to pay for additional months of game pass). They had a Wasteland 3 quest the other week, and I was able to play the game long enough to get an achievement so that impressed me (I've never gotten past the first screen of Wasteland 2 because after watching that intro movie, I figure I've already put in all of the effort they can really expect of me). So that's my recommendation.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

So you're saying Wasteland 2 was so hard, that watching just the introductory cutscene left you wasted?

THE
I WON'T DO THE
"WASTED DAYS AND WASTED NIGHTS"
JOKE AGAIN
TDARCOS
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's not like I have a copyright on it, two sigs is a little excessive though.

THE
ONE A DAY
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's good (Wasteland 3) but they are really starting to get close to the line of what is acceptable in terms of how it looks. I can't stand Penny Arcade style "goofy" overdrawn cartoony art and they are getting reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal close to it. I wish they went for a more pixel-based thing for the game to be honest. But I bought it and in the limited time I have had with it - it's good so far.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm here:

I bought a NAND SSD drive (card?) - a terabyte for a hundred bucks. Put it in and moved Wasteland 3 over to it. WL3 took a long time to load and I think they have done patches for it, but at the same time I can't deny that it was lightning quick and awesome. I slid Mankind Divided to a regular SSD drive (and there is a huge gain in shorter load times!) and may move it there. I'll put Cyberpunk 2077 there this week, but this seems to be a really cool addition to a PC.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I thought the big tradeoff between spinning HDs and M2/SSDs was that you got speed, but they were so expensive that you couldn't get them in big sizes. I have a couple of 256GB SSD drives which, at the time, cost about the same as a traditional 2TB HD. Your post inspired me to check prices and you can get 1TB SSD HDs for less than $100, which is crazy. I did not know! I am updating my Christmas list right now!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 pm 9/10 so far.
Alright, that's good enough for me. It is now soundly a member of the Steam Wishlist.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 pm Half an hour of that was creating a party that I later scraped a bit after the first combat after I got a feel how things were gonna go down starting off.
What sort of build(s) did you find to be faulty and what ones did were you delighted by?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Personally, I just made some dudes and that was it. How are you liking the game so far, CGG?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

ChainGangGuy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:56 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 pm Half an hour of that was creating a party that I later scraped a bit after the first combat after I got a feel how things were gonna go down starting off.
What sort of build(s) did you find to be faulty and what ones did were you delighted by?
I don't remember all of the specifics, of the main things I recall was putting a lot of skill points towards other things on my main guy instead of focusing on building up Leadership skill.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Mr. Boz, is this a spoiler-free thread?