Anyone want to earn some money on a few open source bounties?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

Anyone want to earn some money on a few open source bounties?

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm going to put in bounties for the issues I just submitted for the Yet Another Pomodoro App v2.

Issues #62 - #70 at -
https://github.com/YetAnotherPomodoroApp/YAPA-2/issues

Wanted to give you folks first dibs to earn the cash on these assuming it's at a rate that won't empty my entire account. Also would like Trello / JIRA task and card integration if possible, but I have no idea how long any of these would take.

So if you'd like to or know someone who is willing to, please give them and myself a heads up as I think these should be pretty simple (in truth, I do not know). I haven't actually posted the bounties on any sites yet as I thought to pay someone without them taking a cut.

Thank you fellas!
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Anyone want to earn some money on a few open source bounties?

Post by Casual Observer »

Just hire a Ukrainian on freelancer for pennies on the dollar. Ive had 2 apps built each for less than $500.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah or guys in India. They may dip out on you for half a day but they will come back and show work done. Great people really.

Every Ukraine dude or female I have worked with also got the job done despite language barriers. Broken English is the world language lol.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:37 am Yeah or guys in India. They may dip out on you for half a day but they will come back and show work done. Great people really.

Every Ukraine dude or female I have worked with also got the job done despite language barriers. Broken English is the world language lol.
Isn't outsourcing the best? We can take our expensive money and pay someone to do just as good a job as an American for a fraction of the cost. Half the jobs ive had do all their development in india. I love using Filipinas for cold calling, though you have to buy them generators and watch them like a hawk. If i was a coder I'd probably consider outsourcing my job like I've heard some people have done. Once i get some more commissions at this new job I'm thinking of hiring a Filipina to get me extra leads.

Casual Observer

Full disclosure, my autocorrect has learned to insert Filipina after "fi", go figure.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:45 am Isn't outsourcing the best? We can take our expensive money and pay someone to do just as good a job as an American for a fraction of the cost.
Huh. I'm just gonna say you guys have had very, very, very, very different experiences with this than I have.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:45 am
Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:45 am Isn't outsourcing the best? We can take our expensive money and pay someone to do just as good a job as an American for a fraction of the cost.
Huh. I'm just gonna say you guys have had very, very, very, very different experiences with this than I have.
Oh, there are lessons learned alright. Love to hear your anecdotes.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Are there any individuals or services any of you chaps would suggest?

After five minutes on Fiverr, I've been blocked as being spam and of the thirty people I've contacted, none of them have the skillset. It isn't a matter of price, they just aren't able to do the job.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Casual Observer

Just get an Upwork.com account, post a job, read through the multitudes of people begging for your job and pick one. My due diligence is usually just reading the comments about the person. Admittedly, I don't quite understand the tasks you're requesting in that github post but I'm sure there's a Ukrainian or Indian who does.