So, what happens after you die?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: So, what happens after you die?

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:22 pm I think you're saying we;re something like The Great Link the founders were all part of in Star Trek:Deep Space Nine.
I'm not saying what consciousness is.

I am saying that any separate subject/possessor of consciousness, subject to birth and death ("me", or the collective "we") is a complete fabrication of the mind -- a fictional character.

To put it in terms an atheist would appreciate, the question "what happens after we die?" makes exactly as much sense as "what does God eat for breakfast?"

Well, nothing, cuz that's all made up.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Hey Paul, have you made a will yet? Will you put me down for your computer and NAS? I will go through them and collect any books you have on there and get them uploaded. Let me know where you would like the proceeds donated to (family or a charity, preferably not that hell hole you're stuck in). Also if you could get the staff there to wipe it down real good before mailing it, that would be great.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Sorry Flack. Hey ICJ, can you increase the default page size to infinity, so we don't have to worry about Paul missing any posts on the previous page?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:46 pmAh, finally, a simple, non-controversial topic that everyone agrees on.
Tdarcos Is An Awful Person wrote:If he's the stupid physical type, he'll find where she lives, go over to her place, then beat the shit out of her and/or rape her.
Paul Why The Fuck Would You Type This Robinson wrote: If he's the smart type, he finds where she lives and offers her a choice: agree to sleep with him or he'll file a complaint and will have them prosecute.
Who Even Thinks This Way!? wrote:Nope, you acted like a woman who comes home from work, complaining about how her feet hurt because her shoes are too small, and when her husband or boyfriend, instead of giving her attention and support for her feelings, suggests a way to solve her problem, she gets mad, saying he doesn't love her or doesn't care about her.
I'm Going to Die Alone for a Reason wrote:Yep, "woman crying about too tight shoes mode."
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

These are not good posts, Retro.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Tdarcos is a disgusting, miserable, and moronic piece of filth that somehow passes for a human being: he has no place in any sort of community or group except for maybe the rejects who were kicked out of NAMBLA. The only advice I have for him, is to go offline, keep shoving pastries into his face until the sugarbetes claims him, and then his ashes can be flushed down a toilet and mingle with the shit and rancid slop he has aspired to be throughout his life.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

Either you're doing a bit, in which case it's not funny, or you're really this whipped up, in which case it's hilarious. In either case, knock it off.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

And completely blow an opportunity to work the phrase fetus beetus into a conversation?

This isn't a bit, but I do need to be less annoyed and angry, even with a shit stain like Tdarcos.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

Yeah, let's reel it in a little bit.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 am
Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 pmBilly, my leg was not amputated because of obesity or diabetes. I got an infection because I did not take care of my wound.
When a normal person gets wounded they either say "fuck, that's gonna need stitches" or "meh, that doesn't need stitches". That's the extent of it.
The wound did not need stitches, it was a hole that would close on its own eventually (it did). They gave me a boot and dressings to change. I got careless a few times, and...
Billy Mays wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 am
Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 pmAnd I have never eaten Skittles. I eat Starburst. I would never stoop to eating non-GMO hard-shell non-chocolate candy.
Get the prescription from your doctor, it will make you feel better.
I should get a prescription for Skittles? I can imagine what that costs.

They've been giving me acetominphen (Tylenol) for a while due to covid-19, and it's the only time I've gotten a bill forr medications. Less than $5, so it's nothing, but one of the items is 33 daily acetominophen @0.10, or $3.30.

A bottle of McKesson 400mg 100 tablets is $4.99 on Amazon.
Goodsense 224 count $10.25

Okay, so they charge twice what a retail pharmacy does. I'm sure they pay the same as the pharmacy did. Captive customers - those that can't go elsewhere - pay more.

Of course, I could be complete;y wrong and each dose was 2 pills, in which case the $0.10 price is exactly what retail dosage costs.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Something my father said. He was... Old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting, alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Hey Paul, have you made a will yet? Will you put me down for your computer and NAS? I will go through them and collect any books you have on there and get them uploaded. Let me know where you would like the proceeds donated to (family or a charity, preferably not that hell hole you're stuck in). Also if you could get the staff there to wipe it down real good before mailing it, that would be great.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

_ /)
mo / )
|/)\)
/\_
\__|=
( )
__)(__
_____/ \\_____
| _ ___ _ ||
| | \ | | \ ||
| | | | | | ||
| |_/ | |_/ ||
| | \ | | ||
| | \ | | ||
| | \. _|_. | . ||
| ||
| Paul Robinson ||
| "$60 $ Shirt!?" ||
\))ejm97/.,(//,,..,,\||(,,.,\\,.((//

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

Man, where's alt.fan.warlord when you need it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RetroRomper wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm _ /)
mo / )
|/)\)
/\_
\__|=
( )
__)(__
_____/ \\_____
| _ ___ _ ||
| | \ | | \ ||
| | | | | | ||
| |_/ | |_/ ||
| | \ | | ||
| | \ | | ||
| | \. _|_. | . ||
| ||
| Paul Robinson ||
| "$60 $ Shirt!?" ||
\))ejm97/.,(//,,..,,\||(,,.,\\,.((//
Does this unsquash it?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 am Hey Paul, have you made a will yet? Will you put me down for your computer and NAS?
Please see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11538
Flack wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 am I will go through them and collect any books you have on there and get them uploaded. Let me know where you would like the proceeds donated to (family or a charity, preferably not that hell hole you're stuck in). Also if you could get the staff there to wipe it down real good before mailing it, that would be great.
As for money, if they did make any, I'd want it to go to my brother William. For anyone who has my old emergency contact list, he lives on 35th St. I did have a will, i wrote it in 2009. it gave almost everything to Andrea. I no longer live in Maryland so the old one I filed with the county is no longer effective.
I would change it to give everything to my brother, except maybe my computer and NAS, (if I still had it, see above message) since he might not know what to do with it.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm
Flack wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 am Hey Paul, have you made a will yet? Will you put me down for your computer and NAS?
Flack wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 am I will go through them and collect any books you have on there and get them uploaded. Let me know where you would like the proceeds donated to (family or a charity, preferably not that hell hole you're stuck in). Also if you could get the staff there to wipe it down real good before mailing it, that would be great.
As for money, if they did make any, I'd want it to go to my brother William. For anyone who has my old emergency contact list, he lives on 35th St. I did have a will, i wrote it in 2009. it gave almost everything to Andrea. I no longer live in Maryland so the old one I filed with the county is no longer effective.
I would change it to give everything to my brother, except maybe my computer and NAS, (if I still had it, see above message) since he might not know what to do with it.
Man, I wish there was someone here asking about the computer and NAS!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:41 pm
We backing up with a Buffalo NAS.
Lookin good with a Buffalo NAS.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:41 pm

We backing up with a Buffalo NAS.
Lookin good with a Buffalo NAS.
Dammit Jiz, don't get fresh with me.

Get fun-ky.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Whats the ansi picture?