ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Text Adventures / General Discussion / Video Games. 2018 Update - after registering, the best way to get approved is to post as a guest in Orc's Head.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: In the ash I created

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Sure Flack.

This is the last I'm going to say regarding any of this because I dislike the person I am when I become overly emotional about something as silly as t-shirts for a guy who obviously would prefer to sabotage a thoughtful gift for him, especially if it means he has to be quiet for five minutes.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
You didn't listen to me. [...] Since you wanted to do something for this, and I realize a $60 price is unaffordable, I wanted to find a way to make it affordable.


Did anyone ask you? Does anyone ever ask you? I didn't say "hey, $60 is too far out of the ballpark so hey Paul, would you have any thoughts on an alternative to make them more affordable?"

No one said that. No one asked. No one cares about your opinion.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
Did you come back with reasons why I was wrong? Did you explain where I made an error?
Do you seriously expect someone to debate advice and guidance they didn't ask for? No one here would ask for any sort of help from someone who is known to regurgitate Wikipedia articles and a few sources, as if it makes you an expert.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
Your solution was an unaffordable $60 each. I offered a reasonable alternative that is affordable.
No.

One.

Asked.

You.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
You proceed to savage and attack me when
You lost the shirts because not only did you insert yourself where no one asked you to, gave advice no one wanted that was unequivocally useless (though you argue it wasn't which is kind of like a President pardoning himself,) but you also repeatedly framed it in misogynist terminology that automatically causes you to lose all credibility in my eyes.

Do you know what you had to do for me to find a workable solution for the T-Shirts? Say "hey, thank you," relax because someone else was doing all the work, and maybe ramble on about cotton production or the history of linen or whatever. Instead you kept hammering in that it should be your way or the highway, questioned why I was annoyed when you offered "wisdom" that wasn't asked for and not needed in the slightest, and managed to wrap it all up in some of the worst traits of humanity.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
Instead of my supporting your clearly unworkable solution
I have zero interest in the amount of effort that it would require for me to learn, practice, seek advice, and then spend the time doing what will likely look awful.

Since you won't let off on any of this, here were my requirements:

1. Couldn't ship from China due to the fact it's taking 40+ days (and at this point several months) for packages to arrive in the US.
2. Accommodate five color printing inside a reasonable size for the logo to be applied onto the shirt.
3. Use a shop or service because I do not have time to handle the design, process, application, etc. of a project like this, much less for the one time I'll be doing it.
4. Find the highest tier possible then obtain additional quotes.
5. Avoid if possible, larger, more generic retailers because the screen printing business has been hammered due to a sudden lack of demand and small shops need the work to stay afloat.
6. Preferably use shirts that people would actually want to wear.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
[You didn't provide] any reasons why I am in error, you attack me.
How do you manage to be so self righteous when your general information dumps are completely glossed over by everyone here?

Flack at one point said that he completely ignored anything you wrote because it was so much drivel and in this case, I already had plans that you could have asked about before providing "advice" in a "I'm so smart! Why doesn't anyone listen to me?" way that clearly sets you up to be the victim if anyone pushes back.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
For shame. This was clearly uncalled for.
I was going to spend $100 of my own money to have what would have likely been kick ass Jolt Country art made for the shirts
I've spent my own time that I need to use to calm down, relax, focus and add additional meaning to my life on you.
You didn't ask for the T-Shirts because I thought "Tdarcos is going through a rough time and I'd like to remind him that he isn't alone."
Nothing, absolutely zero of the things I and everyone else here have done for you, are things you're entitled to.

You burned a bridge with someone who actively cared enough about you to sacrifice time, money, energy, and gave you an amount of thoughtfulness that is in limited supply in this world because... You were hurt that advice you gave wasn't readily accepted when... And I can't emphasize this enough:

No.

One.

Asked.

You.

What have you gained from pushing your point home? Absolutely nothing, instead there is one less person who will actively go out of their way to make your life a little better.

And how many people do you think there are in this world that would do that for you?

Once again Mr. Robinson, you won. Enjoy your prize.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22997
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 11, 2020 1:32 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 am
Hey Aardvark or Ice Cream Jonsey: the whole project is cancelled and there isn't anything more to say, so would you please lock this thread?
Any thoughts on where it went wrong?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14276
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by pinback » Mon May 11, 2020 1:44 pm

He's all whipped up!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Jizaboz » Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm

No-one asked you to make the t-shirt either, so I think we can say you and Tdarcos are even now!

Glad to see it worked out in the end.

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: In the ash I created

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Jizaboz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm
No-one asked you to make the t-shirt either, so I think we can say you and Tdarcos are even now!
Thank you for your kind words.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22997
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 11, 2020 3:23 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm
Jizaboz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm
No-one asked you to make the t-shirt either, so I think we can say you and Tdarcos are even now!
Thank you for your kind words.
I am sorry that this all happened and I am sorry it happened to you. I have had some difficulties involving the Commander in projects in the past. There has also been successes - I was hoping it would be the former.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by The Happiness Engine » Mon May 11, 2020 3:48 pm

It's a rare Paul Project that can succeed Retro. Bless you for trying.

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by The Happiness Engine » Mon May 11, 2020 7:35 pm

So I was trying to sell someone on reading this thread and my summary was "So... Once a guy on a forum of about 8 people tried to do something nice for everyone because he was worried about the people he had discussed so much with and wanted everyone to feel a sense of community. IT WENT SIDEWAYS. Not the normal planned-sideways mind you, but an Actual Real Butthurt. AND HOLY CRAP."

This might be why I am not the best at Jolt Country Community Outreach.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Billy Mays » Mon May 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Really all you had to do was get some shirts made and then send Paul one. It looks like you're trying to blame him for your own lack of initiative when all he was trying to do was help you out.

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Jizaboz » Mon May 11, 2020 10:06 pm

No.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Billy Mays » Mon May 11, 2020 10:17 pm

All he had to do was go "HaHa! Good one Paul, you're breaking my balls!" and get the shirts done. I bet you he hasn't spent more than 5 minutes and 2 phone calls on this "project" and whoever he was talking to just quoted him some ridiculous price because they were sick of dealing with the scatterbrained flake. Retro was looking for any excuse to not follow through with this and it's a shit thing to do to blame Paul over it.

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: In the ash I created

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Tue May 12, 2020 12:17 am

Mr. Mays is to trolling....
What Fisher Price mallets are to actual hammers.

Image

BLOOP!
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Billy Mays » Tue May 12, 2020 12:39 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:17 am
BLOOP!
This part made me smile. Thank you.

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6777
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Flack » Tue May 12, 2020 5:27 am

Casual Observer wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 pm
Flack wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:49 am
RetroRomper wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:51 am
I've had four responses, FOUR!

Jizz, ICJ, Flack, and Aardvark need to get their crap together and reply to my survey.
Not interested.
Come on Flack, how many chances are you ever going to get to have a JoltCountry t-shirt? Almost 20 years hanging around this "place" and this is the first time someone had the drive to get this kind of project done. I have a closet full of startup company shirts but this will be truly unique. You work for the federal government, I bet they don't provide you any cool shirts so come on, get on board.
For simplicity's sake, just send me the cash.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22997
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 12, 2020 6:41 am

The Happiness Engine wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:35 pm
So I was trying to sell someone on reading this thread and my summary was "So... Once a guy on a forum of about 8 people tried to do something nice for everyone because he was worried about the people he had discussed so much with and wanted everyone to feel a sense of community. IT WENT SIDEWAYS. Not the normal planned-sideways mind you, but an Actual Real Butthurt. AND HOLY CRAP."

This might be why I am not the best at Jolt Country Community Outreach.


Get them to post on Caltrops. I'm just about ready to pay people to post there.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: In the ash I created

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Wed May 13, 2020 11:09 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:46 pm
Ah, finally, a simple, non-controversial topic that everyone agrees on.
You wimp.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6777
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Flack » Fri May 15, 2020 7:36 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:53 pm
Have an important (for this forum) Official Jolt Country project going on that is endorsed by Casual Observer, Pinback, and ICJ.
Why are the three people who endorsed this Official Jolt Country project sitting by the sidelines and letting it fail?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14276
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by pinback » Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am

We endorsed it in the sense that if you saw a plane crashing, you'd say to your family, "hey, c'mere and watch this".
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 9018
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by AArdvark » Fri May 15, 2020 1:53 pm

So proud...so proud.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6516
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by Tdarcos » Fri May 15, 2020 3:20 pm

pinback wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am
We endorsed it in the sense that if you saw a plane crashing, you'd say to your family, "hey, c'mere and watch this".
Sure, Jonsey said that about the plane crash and explosion, but you said it was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen. Oh, the humanity!-
"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."
-The Weeknd, Blinding Lights

Post Reply