ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Text Adventures / General Discussion / Video Games. 2018 Update - after registering, the best way to get approved is to post as a guest in Orc's Head.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

RetroRomper

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Can the Crazy Doodle be you never finishing the shirt project? For the irony of it when it appears on the shirt?
You can call it hypocrisy, but do Tdarcos and yourself understand that the more baseless criticisms I receive, the less likely I am to follow through on the T-Shirts? I'm committed to finish them, but it's strange that the two people who would seem to by default support the endeavor, are bashing on the guy making it happen.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm
Billy Mays wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Can the Crazy Doodle be you never finishing the shirt project? For the irony of it when it appears on the shirt?
You can call it hypocrisy, but do Tdarcos and yourself understand that the more baseless criticisms I receive, the less likely I am to follow through on the T-Shirts? I'm committed to finish them, but it's strange that the two people who would seem to by default support the endeavor, are bashing on the guy making it happen.
Did you read the part I wrote about you completing the shirts? I don't feel like you read that part. It's the second line.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sat May 09, 2020 10:14 pm

I'll post the art in this thread and if someone wants to send it to zazzle or wherever, they can do that.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun May 10, 2020 5:15 am

I'm still going to finish the full page retrospective. Maybe it'll turn into a Christmas card or something.

THE
CARRY ON
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:37 am
Tdarcos wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 am
RetroRomper wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:52 pm
I removed then re-added it.
I think we've found a new candidate for the Jackass list!
Are you actually being serious?
Of course not. But, what would you call it if someone said they weren't interested in something, and asked to be removed from the list of those interested, and the other person said they removed them, the re-added them.

Beside that, $60 each is a lot of money for a T-shirt. Maybe there is a cheaper method. Let's see, a pack of 5 X-large T-shirts is $15.50, A pack of 25 iron-on transfer paper is $12.50, individually ink to print on the transfer paper is $1, Postage and handling $4, And $5 for your time to iron the shirts and print out the labels. For 10 T-shirts, that's $122, or each shirt costs $13.

Plus, your break-even point is 6 shirts; you don't make any money but you don't lose any.

Now, you might say, "Oh, but the others are silk screened, it'll last longer!" Who cares? At $13, anyone planning to actually wear it can buy 2 of them, and put the other away. Plus, this time you can actually put people's name or handle on the shirt, you use 1" on the 11" paper for each name, At 1" tall, it's easily readable, and that only uses one sheet for each 10 shirts. Plus, there's enough supplies to put something on both sides.

This presumes you own an iron.
"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."
-The Weeknd, Blinding Lights

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun May 10, 2020 10:10 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 am
Blah blah blah. Look at all the inane gibberish I'm spewing! And it's about how stupid and jerk like the person who has put in more than a few hours to do something nice for me is!
I asked the artist to no longer work on the commission for the shirts.

I'm just so done with you.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Plus, this time you can actually put people's name or handle on the shirt, you use 1" on the 11" paper for each name, At 1" tall, it's easily readable, and that only uses one sheet for each 10 shirts. Plus, there's enough supplies to put something on both sides.
You've absolutely no idea how screen printing works and instead of listening to say, ME who has spoken at length with a number of actual people who do this for a living, you decide to swing out as some sort of authority instead of shutting up and learning a thing or two.

I don't care if you're autistic or not, you're simply an awful fucking person that is receiving in life exactly what they deserve.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 am

Hey Aardvark or Ice Cream Jonsey: the whole project is cancelled and there isn't anything more to say, so would you please lock this thread?
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun May 10, 2020 10:58 am

Best of!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 am
Tdarcos wrote:
Plus, this time you can actually put

You've absolutely no idea how screen printing works
As a matter of fact, I do know how, i have done it. Right now a 4-color rig is about $900, plus supplies. The screener creates separate masks using a protective plastic, one mask for each color (or mixed color) the ink goes on the shirt only where the mask isn't (through the holes in the mask), and to apply multiple colors you'd use each station, substituting a different area of exposure on that mask (overlapping void holes for mix color, non-overlapping for single color), applying ink requires squeegeing or rolling ink on. If it requIres a color that isnt one of the four (Red, Yellow, Blue or Black) or a direct mix (red+blue=green, black+yellow=Dirty Avocado Green, etc) then they'd make up a mix of inks to get the correct color for "spot' color and a specific mask for that color. It is labor intensive, which is why small runs are very expensive. Large runs can probably use printing equipment.
RetroRomper wrote:
and instead of listening to say, ME who has spoken at length with a number of actual people who do this for a living, you decide to swing out as some sort of authority instead of shutting up and learning a thing or two.
You didn't listen to me. I said $60 is a lot of money for a T-shirt (it is) even if it is a "commemorative" or "celebration" edition. Since you wanted to do something for this, and I realize a $60 price is unaffordable, I wanted to find a way to make it affordable.

Screen printing is the way to go for multi-thousand copy reproductions, like a T-shirt to be sold at a concert. A $1000 setup fee is noise (10c each on a 10,000 copy order) and the individual shirts might cost $18, and they sell for $40. the seller getting a piece and the band getting a piece. For very tiny runs (like this) iron-on transfers bring the cosst down to something affordable.

Did you come back with reasons why I was wrong? Did you explain where I made an error? Nope, you acted like a woman who comes home from work, complaining about how her feet hurt because her shoes are too small, and when her husband or boyfriend, instead of giving her attention and support for her feelings, suggests a way to solve her problem, she gets mad, saying he doesn't love her or doesn't care about her.
RetroRomper wrote:
I don't care if you're autistic or not, you're simply an awful fucking person that is receiving in life exactly what they deserve.
Yep, "woman crying about too tight shoes mode." You felt that we needed a commemorative T-shirt. Your solution was an unaffordable $60 each. I offered a reasonable alternative that is affordable. You proceed to savage and attack me when, instead of my supporting your clearly unworkable solution, and of providing any reasons why I am in error, you attack me.

For shame. This was clearly uncalled for.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Sun May 10, 2020 11:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 am

Aint no arguing with the Assburgers

THE
LEG TO STAND ON
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 10, 2020 12:08 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 am
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Again, attack mode. Have you ever considered changing your gender from "male" to "Apache attack helicopter"? It might just fit.

No reasons why I am wrong. No pointing out where I am in error. No explanation of any mistakes I've made. In short, no reasons why you are correct (or right) and I was not.

I'm sorry you decided to go the low road, but when someone cannot outargue someone else, there's always character assassination. I pity you for having to be so petty.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun May 10, 2020 12:26 pm

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Retro about you

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun May 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am
Nope, you acted like a woman who comes home from work, complaining about how her feet hurt because her shoes are too small, and when her husband or boyfriend, instead of giving her attention and support for her feelings, suggests a way to solve her problem, she gets mad, saying he doesn't love her or doesn't care about her.
Jesus Fucking Christ.
Tdarcos wrote:Yep, "woman crying about too tight shoes mode."
The fuck?
Tdarcos wrote:You proceed to savage and attack me when, instead of my supporting your clearly unworkable solution, and of providing any reasons why I am in error, you attack me.
Tdarcos wrote:For shame. This was clearly uncalled for.
Dude... Whatever charm you had is completely gone, like a retarded tiger that was fun to watch, but is now out of it's cage and is trying to rip people apart with it's gummy mouth.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun May 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Okay, now I want the shirt.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun May 10, 2020 2:04 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 am
Hey Aardvark or Ice Cream Jonsey: the whole project is cancelled and there isn't anything more to say, so would you please lock this thread?
This thread is just getting started. Strap in!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Sun May 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:08 pm
AArdvark wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 am
Have you ever considered changing your gender from "male" to "Apache attack helicopter"?
ROFL

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:28 pm
Dude... Whatever charm you had is completely gone, like a retarded tiger that was fun to watch, but is now out of it's cage and is trying to rip people apart with it's gummy mouth.
Why do I have this feeling I've lost his vote for 2020 MVP? Oh well, then I guess my cartoon won't do anything worse...

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 11, 2020 7:58 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 am
Why do I have this feeling I've lost his vote for 2020 MVP? Oh well, then I guess my cartoon won't do anything worse...
Why are you proud that you successfully negotiated yourself out of a group buy of T-Shirts that were meant to give you a further sense of community? You weren't going to pay for a shirt because we wanted to make sure it was a gift to remind you how valuable and part & parcel you are to this community. Know this as well, a number of people didn't want shirts because they were afraid you'd die and all they'd have left is a reminder of the fact they lost a huge part of their online world.

You can hide behind whatever drivel you spew, whatever obtuse and nonsensical position you take, but the fact is you pushed someone who legitimately cared about making sure you felt welcome and loved to the point where they just didn't care.

You've won the argument, congratulations Mr. Robinson.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon May 11, 2020 9:18 am

Can I have Paul's free one?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne