ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Text Adventures / General Discussion / Video Games. 2018 Update - after registering, the best way to get approved is to post as a guest in Orc's Head.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

RetroRomper

Re: ALL REGULARS PAST AND PRESENT (Aardvark, Nessman, etc.) SEND ME YOUR EMAIL

Post by RetroRomper » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:50 am

Casual Observer wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm
Hopefully the cost will be towards the lower limit rather than the upper.
The first volume discounts kick in at 5 or 6 shirts, plus I purposely calculated as high as possible so that in the worse case that we had 2 orders (including mine,) it wouldn't be a shock when we had to pony up an extra $20 or so each for a 3rd shirt for Paul.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:17 pm

I haven't been idle in trying to contact Paul, but it's been a disaster so far the last three or four times I've called as I'm transferred around in a loop, then finally when it seems I reached the right place, no one picks up. I'm talking to silk screening folks, but I'm going to wait on any orders until I actually speak with Paul.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm

How this going?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 am

AArdvark wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:39 pm
Can we get proof of life from The Commander before we pull the trigger on this? I wouldn't like his sister donating a brand new custom shirt to goodwill, or worse yet, the next occupant of Room 222 receives it and has no idea whats going on.
If I'm not still alive, it's an unreasonable facsimile thereof. Also I've never been in Room 222 (that's a different TV show), I was in 210, am now back in 330B.

Hell if what I am experiencing wasn't the real thing, I'd expect an improvement. In a simulated world, tell me I'd crossed over into another universe (like Sliders, for whatever reason), that I have my legs back, can walk and still have a libido. I'll find an apartment and women. Being under 300 pounds and able to walk gives me lots more choices.

And with what I know now, more ways to charm a woman into bed. And not using the sort of stupid garbage posted by others here, who apparently have no knowledge about charming a woman. First rule: You don't count how much money you spent on a woman, in fact you avoid spending money unless necessary. Museums are often free. This can show you respect her taste and intelligence. Spending money on a woman you don't know makes you look "needy" or that you're trying to buy her affections. That tends to either turn her off or put you in the Friend Zone, to which you will never get a chance for anything with her, except to waste more money on her. And you don't try comparing her to a hooker or flat out act like you deserve sex from her, that brands you a perv she should run away from, fast. And she will.

And no, she does not kick a man in the testicles. Slapping a man on the face, a guy can simply take that as he moved to fast on her. Kicking him in the nads is a direct assault on his manhood.

If he's the stupid physical type, he'll find where she lives, go over to her place, then beat the shit out of her and/or rape her.

If he's the smart type, he finds where she lives and offers her a choice: agree to sleep with him or he'll file a complaint and will have them prosecute. As I noted, in Maryland a shot below the belt is a serious crime punishable by up to ten years in prison. In Virginia it's good for up to a year.

When you take a woman out on a date, you act subtly, and use finesse. Actually, the situation now might make it easier to get a woman into a place she feels comfortable, like suggesting "Let's go to someplace more private where we can take off our masks," i.e. your apartment.
"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."
-The Weeknd, Blinding Lights

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat May 02, 2020 8:04 am

I still don't understand because you've never explained it to me, couldn't you just lose a lot of weight and walk out of there with a crutch? Get fitted for a prosthetic leg, buy some tylenol, and live a pretty normal life?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Sun May 03, 2020 11:58 pm

Flack wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm
How this going?
I've had some IRL drama going on and it's also been stupidly difficult to find a silk screen manufacturer that:

1. Does more than one or two colors (black and white).
2. Will take on an order under 50 T-shirts.
3. Is still in business.

For example, I learned that the silk screening business in Atlanta has been decimated after talking to a company there (no conventions, no sappy and needless business retreats, etc) and in response, the companies that are still around can't afford the manpower to do small runs (not to mention lack of access to equipment). I'm still looking, but it may take a little bit of time.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 am

And China is completely out of the question as the price of shipping has increased plus anything shipping outside the country, is now taking at least two months to arrive. The whole situation is god awful.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Mon May 04, 2020 12:08 am

Cool.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 04, 2020 12:34 am

Hugella has requested to be part of the group buy! Now no regular here has any sort of excuse.

Also Paul & everyone who has yet to sign up, use this Google Form to get in on this:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

(Note: Paul will NOT be paying for his own t-shirt.)
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon May 04, 2020 6:17 am

Did you rule out Zazzle? I have purchased t-shirts from them before.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 04, 2020 7:30 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 am
And with what I know now, more ways to charm a woman into bed. And not using the sort of stupid garbage posted by others here, who apparently have no knowledge about charming a woman. First rule: You don't count how much money you spent on a woman, in fact you avoid spending money unless necessary. Museums are often free. This can show you respect her taste and intelligence. Spending money on a woman you don't know makes you look "needy" or that you're trying to buy her affections. That tends to either turn her off or put you in the Friend Zone, to which you will never get a chance for anything with her, except to waste more money on her. And you don't try comparing her to a hooker or flat out act like you deserve sex from her, that brands you a perv she should run away from, fast. And she will.
I want us all to respect the fact that in the middle of a thread where Retro is generously attempting to put a group buy together to get this man a shirt, he is telling all of us - all of us who are either married or in serious long-term, possibly co-dependent relationships - that we have used "stupid garbage" to charm women.

An absolute masterclass of a Tdarcos post. I applaud you.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 04, 2020 7:52 am

Flack wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:17 am
Did you rule out Zazzle? I have purchased t-shirts from them before.
I've seen Zazzle as well along with a few other more generic services: in this case, I was hoping to find someone who may be able to properly screen print the T-shirts while also throwing money at a smaller creator that likely needs the money more than a larger company. I'm personally willing to spend a bit more time finding someone that fits the bill, but if the consensus is to just go with a regular company, I'll follow that.

Plus it isn't clear if Zazzle and other such stores ship from the US or China: I'd prefer that we all have our shirts sometime before the end of the year.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 04, 2020 8:29 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 am
If he's the stupid physical type, he'll find where she lives, go over to her place, then beat the shit out of her and/or rape her.
You're welcome Paul!
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:04 am
I still don't understand because you've never explained it to me, couldn't you just lose a lot of weight and walk out of there with a crutch? Get fitted for a prosthetic leg, buy some tylenol, and live a pretty normal life?
I have been trying to find "the Ballad of Paul Robinson" which is a parody of The Beatles song "The Ballad of John and Yoko" which discusses what happened to me, only I can't find it. I'm having to go back months and months of my comments to some time in 2019. nI might just do a summary some time.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon May 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
You know, I thought I posted a response to this, and I need to do so. Please see the status update in the link.

I have also done a parody of The Beatles song The Ballad of John and Yoko which can be found here: The Ballad of Paul Robinson, which, in rhyme I tell about my woes. Man, it was a son-of-a-bitch finding it. It does not show up in search.

As I mention in my status update, I'm essentially a semi-blind paraplegic from the armpits down who's had his right leg amputated above the knee.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Mon May 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
The answer is yes.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Mon May 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Paul wrote:
I might just do a summary some time
Highly unlikey, I've seen your posts

THE
GREAT WALL
OF TEXT
AARDVARK

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Tue May 05, 2020 3:51 pm

After getting a few quotes and speaking to a number of shops about process, I'm not comfortable with the types of screen prints that Zazzle and others produce: they are probe to flaking, cracking, etc. Spoke with a chap from Rendered.co who resides in Portland, OR and their price is slightly cheaper than the others I've spoken with, plus their print method can be more thought of as a dye sublimation process as opposed to printing on top of the T-shirt.

For their high quality shirts and prints at a run of 10 shirts, the price is going to be $35.95 per shirt (includes actual shirt).

I'm working with a friend to vectorize the logos for him and then we'll be able to go from there.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue May 05, 2020 6:18 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Billy Mays wrote:
The answer is yes.
The answer is no, you [deleted] fuck! Do you understand what "paraplegic from the armpits down" meant in my last message? IT MEANS I CAN'T MOVE MY BODY! I thought I had made it clear, I am a paraplegic, i am never going to walk again, even with an artificial leg or crutches. My body has no strength to lift itself. I can't even roll over on my side.

Jesus H. Christ, and people call me autistic!

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 pm

C'mon, pal! Walk it off!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!