I'm out

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Finsternis

Re: I'm out

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:19 pm I promised these people I could get you to leave. Don't make me out to be a liar!
So get Jonesy to ban me or delete my account or whatever. It would only take him a moment. Lost of people feel the need to censor those who say things they don't like, or when they can't handle the truth. Maybe that will happen, I don't know, but I think it won't, because then you won't be able to pat yourself on the back and say "Well, I drove HIM off!" And I know how much you crave that adulation for your "pallys".
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

pinback

Post by pinback »

Sorry guys, I tried. =(
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:27 pm Sorry guys, I tried. =(
The only thing you didn't try is being nice to me. Being a peacemaker. Wielding your social influence to stop disagreements instead of pouring gasoline on them. The only things you said were nasty, sarcastic, and insulting. Sound like things you are accusing someone else of? In all your frenzied and vitriolic communications to each other, was anyone enlightened enough to suggest "hey, maybe if we dealt with the situation with peace and empathy and kindness, we might not only stop the arguing but gain a valuable and insightful member?" You could have adopted a strategy of killing me with kindness. Are you so limited that the only way you know how to deal with problem is to spew vitriol and hate?

You're learned nothing at all. You're a disaster. Funny how that works.

- Max Tegmark

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I understand the initial idea, but bringing in someone who could not only go word-for-word but POUND-FOR-POUND with Paul?

Sheer madness.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Mistakes were made. =(

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:25 pm Let's say I (who hasn't played golfs
Hey, asshole, presuming anyone here wanted your condescending and uninformed opinion, the first thing you might learn is the subject. The word "golf," by the way, is what is called an "uncountable " noun (sense 3) meaning it does not have a plural form. "They played golf." "I play golf. All of us played golf. We played three golf games. Then I alone played a game of golf. The next day I played two games of golf."

I don't know why I'm talking to you, you do not want to listen, just like we don't want to listen to a miserable wretch such as yourself.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:25 pm I don't do ... knowledge and ability. They are different things. Just because I lack the ability ... my information is wrong.
"Oh I'm workin' in a quote mine, goin' down down, workin' in a quote mine ..."

Are you still here? I already floccinaucinihilipilificated you. And at that, it was probably an overvaluation.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Oh, yeah, you tried. lol. So you invite the guy over here in the first place, get him wound up with your low effort posts and then "oops, it didn't work" after half a day of trying. I could see something like that working on Tdarcos because he's a sucker for punishment, but I thought surely a man of Finsternis' intellect would see right through it. I guess not.

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 pm Hey, asshole, I [....] don't know why I'm talking [...] I lack the ability [...] my information is wrong.
I can see that!

- Max Tegmark

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:10 pm
Oh, yeah, you tried. lol. So you invite the guy over here in the first place, get him wound up with your low effort posts and then "oops, it didn't work" after half a day of trying. I could see something like that working on Tdarcos because he's a sucker for punishment, but I thought surely a man of Finsternis' intellect would see right through it. I guess not.
Oh, Ben loves to think he's pulled something over on me. He never has. I accepted his invitation knowing that he was incapable of following his word that he would be cool this time, and just wanted to lure me here to get all of you to pile on me. But I was bored and perhaps optimistic that for just once in his life he would know what the word "friend" meant. I doubted that would happen, but a nice flamewar seemed fun anyways, so why not? It's always fun to show him up. His petty little entourage here makes him think he is some kind of "liked" person instead of the mewling weasel he truly is. I enjoy destroying him and will taunt him a second time.

- Max Tegmark

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:21 pmbut a nice flamewar seemed fun anyways
Except it's not a flamewar, you think it's a flamewar because you're dumb, but trust me it is not a flamewar. Take for example how I called you stupid in the last post you just quoted and you failed to pick up on it? Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Or how you pointed out how ICJ could have easily removed you by now but he hasn't...why wouldn't he do that? Do you think maybe it's because you are not an intruder here to our party, but the entertainment? Who kicks out the entertainment? Like how everyone is typing out a few words in a response just to come back later and see how you spent your entire evening crafting an essay that I absolutely guarantee you nobody here has read...except maybe Tdarcos, and what else does he have going for him between his weekly bed showers and having his candy stolen?

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm Except it's not a flamewar, you think it's a flamewar because you're dumb, but trust me it is not a flamewar.
Kid, I know a flamewar when I see one. I was engaged in them probably while you were in kindergarten.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm Take for example how I called you stupid in the last post you just quoted and you failed to pick up on it?
I pick up on everything. I simply chose not to respond. Unlike most people here, who lectuee about etiuquette and getting along with people but never practice what tgey preach.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmOr how you pointed out how ICJ could have easily removed you by now but he hasn't...why wouldn't he do that?
I couldn't say. I don't know ICJ very well, but I al;ways had a positive impression of him. Previously he seemed fair-minded and tolerant to me, not given to censorship, which I respect. But really I have no idea. I like to think that he doesn't believe in muzzling someone just for being unpopular, but I could be very wrong. Maybe he agrees with me on some things but not others. Maybe he's happy to have a lot of activity on the board. Maybe he's being mind-controlled by little green men. I have no way of knowing. He doesn't speak much, at least not to respond to my posts. Maye he hates me as much as you guys, but if so he has not expressed it yet. I view him as a neutral observer and that's fine with me. As it's his board, if he wants me gone, he has that ability. Or he can contact me privately and we can talk about it. I don't know. I expect nothing except chaos from the universe. If I'm here, I'm here. If I'm not, I'm somewhere else. "This, too, shall pass." Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmDo you think maybe it's because you are not an intruder here to our party, but the entertainment? Who kicks out the entertainment?
Shrug. maybe. How should I know? You guys are the ones passing messages in your Sooper Seekrit Kluibn, not me.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmLike how everyone is typing out a few words in a response just to come back later and see how you spent your entire evening

Entire evening? Lol! I write fast, dude. One reason I make so many typos. And, in case you haven't noticed, I sometimes go for days without even checking this board. I write when I have time, for as long as I feel like spending right then,. no more and no less.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm crafting an essay that I absolutely guarantee you nobody here has read
Wait, you absolutely guarantee that no one has read them? That's pretty fucking amazing, considering all the accusations that get made and negative characterizations! People have spewed endless insults at me, criticized everything about me, claimed I'm all kinds of mean nasty ugly things... and they haven't read any of it? How can people know these things without reading them. Do they gain information through some kind of magic osmosis? That's incredible - literally! It's an assertion that is "not credible". How did they know what to insult me about if they haven't read anythingI write?

Oh, wait - I get it! You mean they are talking out their asses about something they don't know the first thing about because they haven't read it? Oh, hell, man, the fact that they do that is so obviously apparent that it's silly of you to even point it out!

- Max Tegmark

pinback

Post by pinback »

He will never understand the quoting system.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 am He will never understand the quoting system.
Finsternis (imagined) wrote: Quoting system? What quoting system?
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm If I'm here, I'm here. If I'm not, I'm somewhere else.
Oh wow, what amazing insight! I shall have to remember that!
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm
"This, too, shall pass." Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.
Hoc ipsum quod placitum est inventus tu es peregrinamur.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm Except it's not a flamewar, you think it's a flamewar because you're dumb, but trust me it is not a flamewar.
Kid, I know a flamewar when I see one. I was engaged in them probably while you were in kindergarten.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm Take for example how I called you stupid in the last post you just quoted and you failed to pick up on it?
I pick up on everything. I simply chose not to respond. Unlike most people here, who lectuee about etiuquette and getting along with people but never practice what tgey preach.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmOr how you pointed out how ICJ could have easily removed you by now but he hasn't...why wouldn't he do that?
I couldn't say. I don't know ICJ very well, but I al;ways had a positive impression of him. Previously he seemed fair-minded and tolerant to me, not given to censorship, which I respect. But really I have no idea. I like to think that he doesn't believe in muzzling someone just for being unpopular, but I could be very wrong. Maybe he agrees with me on some things but not others. Maybe he's happy to have a lot of activity on the board. Maybe he's being mind-controlled by little green men. I have no way of knowing. He doesn't speak much, at least not to respond to my posts. Maye he hates me as much as you guys, but if so he has not expressed it yet. I view him as a neutral observer and that's fine with me. As it's his board, if he wants me gone, he has that ability. Or he can contact me privately and we can talk about it. I don't know. I expect nothing except chaos from the universe. If I'm here, I'm here. If I'm not, I'm somewhere else. "This, too, shall pass." Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmDo you think maybe it's because you are not an intruder here to our party, but the entertainment? Who kicks out the entertainment?
Shrug. maybe. How should I know? You guys are the ones passing messages in your Sooper Seekrit Kluibn, not me.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pmLike how everyone is typing out a few words in a response just to come back later and see how you spent your entire evening
Entire evening? Lol! I write fast, dude. One reason I make so many typos. And, in case you haven't noticed, I sometimes go for days without even checking this board. I write when I have time, for as long as I feel like spending right then,. no more and no less.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm crafting an essay that I absolutely guarantee you nobody here has read
Wait, you absolutely guarantee that no one has read them? That's pretty fucking amazing, considering all the accusations that get made and negative characterizations! People have spewed endless insults at me, criticized everything about me, claimed I'm all kinds of mean nasty ugly things... and they haven't read any of it? How can people know these things without reading them. Do they gain information through some kind of magic osmosis? That's incredible - literally! It's an assertion that is "not credible". How did they know what to insult me about if they haven't read anythingI write?

Oh, wait - I get it! You mean they are talking out their asses about something they don't know the first thing about because they haven't read it? Oh, hell, man, the fact that they do that is so obviously apparent that it's silly of you to even point it out!

I'm not reading any of this, HaHa! Eat Shit!

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 am He will never understand the quoting system.
And you don't understand the language you're programning in since you sometimes have bugs in your code.

- Max Tegmark

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:23 pm Hoc ipsum quod placitum est inventus tu es peregrinamur.
I have a Lorem Ipsum generator too, Paul.

- Max Tegmark

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

"Then you're due for an eye check." - Burt Lancaster, "Airport."
"I have seen flamewars. I have participated in flamewars. I have even supplied ammunition to combatants in flamewars. Finsternis, you're in no flamewar." Paraphrase of Lloyd Bensen's "You're no Jack Kennedy" speech.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I pick up on everything.
Yeah, right, like you picked up when you suggested I try Libre Office in another thread, admitted you hadn't read that thread, and I had to point out I had already rejected it for not properly supporting high contrast, in that very thread you never read.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I simply chose not to respond.
Now all you have to do is combine that with the previous item and choose not to respond to everything. Oh wait, how can you choose anything? You don't believe in free will.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I don't know ICJ very well, but I al;ways had a positive impression of him.
You have an interesting way of spelling "always."
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm But really I have no idea.
We already know that.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I like to think that he doesn't believe in muzzling someone just for being unpopular,
He tried that with me and found it doesn't work.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm but I could be very wrong.
We already know that. Now all you have to do is drop "but" and change "could be" to "am always" and you'd be spot-on.
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I have no way of knowing.
We already know that. Aww, come on, Finsternis, you're making this too easy! I used to have to quote you out of context to get self-deprecating insults, now I can quote you verbatim!
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm He doesn't speak much, at least not to respond to my posts. Maye he hates me as much as you guys, but if so he has not expressed it yet.
There's an old saying, "Don't try to go mud wrestling with a pig, It just annoys you and the pig enjoys it." Clearly the same thing applies to you. I really should ignore you, but, as allegedly was said in Brokeback Mountain, "I just can't seem to quit you." or as The Joker said in The Dark Knight about getting rid of Batman, "Naaw, you're just too much fun."
Finsternis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm I don't know.
(All together now.) "We already know that."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Finsternis wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:03 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:23 pm Hoc ipsum quod placitum est inventus tu es peregrinamur.
I have a Lorem Ipsum generator too, Paul.
It wasn't genneraed, I wrote it, and in response to your Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit, ("Perhaps it will be pleasing to remember even these things at some time"), my answer was, Hoc ipsum quod placitum est inventus tu es peregrinamur. ("It is very pleasing to be found you are away.") which was about as close as I could get to "It would be more pleasing if you weren't here," I figured, if you bothered to read it - whih clearly you didn't - it would show I had read yours.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

RetroRomper wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:41 am [...] even though it's been politely rammed down your throat more times than you've fantasized about The Rock ramming it up you from behind.
Completely forgot I wrote this.. I hereby declare this to be Number #7 in my Top Ten Burns of All Time.
Finsternis wrote: So get Jonesy to ban me or delete my account or whatever.
Woah man, don't you dare steal my bit.
The Happiness Engine wrote:I understand the initial idea, but bringing in someone who could not only go word-for-word but POUND-FOR-POUND with Paul?
Your loving assortment of words makes me long for the movie Heavyweights for some bizarre reason.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM