Coronavirus Adventures

Text Adventures / General Discussion / Video Games. 2018 Update - after registering, the best way to get approved is to post as a guest in Orc's Head.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Casual Observer

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:51 pm

So I forgot my mask and got turned away at Wal-Mart today which sucks because I had already waited 15 minutes in the 6 foot separated line to get into the store only to be told when I got to the front. So luckily I live a block away from Walmart so went home, got a mask, went back to waiting in line.

So far my two biggest problems with wearing a mask:
- face sweat
- If I forgot to brush my teeth before I left (I did) then I get to enjoy my bad breath right back at me.

Jesus christ, can we just have 9-11 back? Or the mortgage crisis? Neither of those disasters actually affected me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:04 pm

RetroRomper wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Do you how know end stage COVID-19 is expressed in those 6% of people and likely the larger number of individuals that just end up on the cusp of that point? Their immune system attacks the cells of the esophagus, breaking them down until the lining breaks and blood seeps into the air ways.
Are you sure about this? Have you seen the latest findings?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 am
pinback wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:32 pm
I go to the Kroger every single day and don't wear a mask.

Come at me bro
I'm not wearing a mask until I'm required to starting on this Wed. night. I figure, if everyone else is wearing a mask then their mask will catch their disease phlegm and I'll be fine. In the last month I can count on less than on finger the number of times I heard someone cough or sneeze in a store. Either people aren't actually sick in the stores or they are self consciously holding back so they don't get any evil stares from other customers.
Pretty amazing how both you fucking retards haven't heard the phrase "asymptomatic carriers" ever in your life and ESPECIALLY not this year! Go handle ALL the fruit at the store! Hug your relatives! Hear secondhand reports about their painful and very expensive deaths! That's GOTTA be better than "figure out how to sit in the front of the fucking TV for a few weeks!"

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:38 pm

The Happiness Engine wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Casual Observer wrote:
pinback wrote:

Come at me bro
I'm not wearing a mask until I'm required to starting on this Wed. night. I figure, if everyone else is wearing a mask then their mask will catch their disease phlegm and I'll be fine. In the last month I can count on less than on finger the number of times I heard someone cough or sneeze in a store. Either people aren't actually sick in the stores or they are self consciously holding back so they don't get any evil stares from other customers.
Pretty amazing how both you fucking retards haven't heard the phrase "asymptomatic carriers" ever in your life and ESPECIALLY not this year! Go handle ALL the fruit at the store! Hug your relatives! Hear secondhand reports about their painful and very expensive deaths! That's GOTTA be better than "figure out how to sit in the front of the fucking TV for a few weeks!"
If my wife dies of this then fine. She's a fucking bitch anyway.

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
pinback wrote:

Come at me bro
There's no need to be hurtful, in these most difficult of times.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:12 pm

Pretty amazing how both you fucking retards haven't heard the phrase "asymptomatic carriers
I'm pretty sure the phrase is "a symptomatic carrier." Which neither CO nor pinback is, sir.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 pm

I'm loving the 6 foot rule, I hope they keep it after this thing is over.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:47 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 pm
Before or after this pandemic, I'm pretty sure people will stay as far away form you as possible after you open your mouth.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:11 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:47 am
Before or after this pandemic, I'm pretty sure people will stay as far away form you as possible after you open your mouth.
How can you be sure about something people will do before now? That doesn't make any sense.

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:16 am

I would also like some clarification on this issue.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 pm
I was Social Distancing waaayy before it got popular.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri May 01, 2020 6:57 am

Casual Observer wrote:
pinback wrote:
I'm not wearing a mask until I'm required to
Pretty amazing how both you fucking retards haven't heard the phrase "asymptomatic carriers" ever in your life and ESPECIALLY not this year!
Jesus Christ, and people wonder why "stay at home" orders had to be issued.

Your use of that word is exactly correct. As the saying goes, people can have a venereal disease and not look sick, which is why condoms are mandatory for use with sexual partners from whom you haven't seen a health-department STI test because they could have any of these STDs and still be completely asymptomatic.

The exact same thing applies in this case, someone could have covid-19 and not look sick or have any symptoms, but can be infectious. Do a search on "typhoid Mary" for more details.
"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."
-The Weeknd, Blinding Lights

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

Yeah, but if I'm fine, and just get OTHER people sick, what's the problem?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri May 01, 2020 7:49 am

Guys condoms are now mandatory according to the Sex Commander!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm

pinback wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am
Yeah, but if I'm fine, and just get OTHER people sick, what's the problem?
"Jesus H. Christ, what a maroon!" - Modified from Buggs Bunny.

If you don't know why that's wrong, you are an extreme danger to others. That danger needs to be eliminated.

Pinhead, fortunately you did not breed and spread your defective genetic material into the gene pool to spread. Do the world a favor and French kiss and tongue-down an operating, powered light socket.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri May 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:49 am
Guys condoms are now mandatory according to the Sex Commander!
Well, duh, yeah, as I said, if you're sexually active with people you don't know their history, or are not in a monogamous relationship. If you are in one, in that case you may use a non-barrier contraceptive.

Come on, people, this should have been in Sex Education 101, years ago.

Unless you we're in high school in Texas in which case they don't teach anything but abstinence. Which is why that state has the largest number of teen pregnancies, and of repeat teenage pregnancy. And I don't necessarily mean the age of the male, either.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri May 01, 2020 1:57 pm

What's your take on the DENTAL DAM?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Texas dentistry

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri May 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Friday, Oklahoma began Phase Two of its reopening plan. Last week, services like pet groomers, salons, and tattoo parlors were allowed to open. As of this morning, restaurants and many other businesses began reopening. I believe all waiters must wear masks and most restaurants are enforcing social distancing rules by seating parties one table apart. Many businesses have been put in a tough position: do you reopen and risk people's health, or remain closed and risk losing your business? Our very republican governor has been speaking with the president regularly and taking his advice (last month the governor spent $2 million of the state's budget on Hydroxychloroquine, which has since been proven to be ineffective against Covid-19) so it has always been assumed Oklahoma could be one of the first states to reopen. My Facebook feed is filled with posts from people checking in at restaurants, saying that the pandemic has been overhyped and there is nothing to worry about. Tuesday and Thursday of this past week had some of the highest numbers of new cases in Oklahoma. It seems like this state is being used as a test case. I guess we'll see what happens.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri May 01, 2020 9:09 pm

I have to take pinback's side on this.

I can't even count the number of times in my life I've been washing my hands in a restroom and I see someone just walk straight past the sinks. The soap is right there and it's free, why wouldn't you do the decent thing and just wash your hands? And the worst thing about it is that these people have no shame in what they do. They know they're doing the wrong thing and they just don't care.

I also don't wear a mask, I'm never going to get sick so I don't have to worry about getting other people sick. That's because, similar to pinback, I'm a stud and studs don't get sick. And because I wash my hands after using the restroom.