Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:16 am
AArdvark wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:20 pm Funny cause there's hardy any puerto ricans left at work...why do you suppose that is?
Because all the hot ‘rican chicks that work there are all already married?
That doesn't mean anything. Back in the 1950s, the Kinseys did some sexuality research that gave results that were so shocking they had to keep it under wraps for a decade. They found that about 1/3 of married women had gotten pregnant by a man other than their husband. And this was back in he '50s. you know, Leave it to Beaver and Andy Griffith times.

I've seen YouTube video telling how guys routinely hit on women, even married women, because many of them are still interested in flings. And a woman mentioned how some of her girlfriends are married but have admitted that they'd had extramarital affairs, one saying she'd had sex with over 60 guys, after she was married. Not 60 times, 60 different guys. The woman who reported it emphasized it, "not sixteen, sixty, six oh."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Out at the coast things were still pretty lax. At least I observed fewer (but still too many) tourists. At my local Dollar General there I whipped out the n-95 after noticing the signs and started to put it on when I recognized the manager (who doesn’t bother wearing a uniform but I know everyone out there) smoking and talking with a lady outside in lawn chairs. No one wearing a mask inside or out. Didn’t want to be the guy in the nudist colony wearing clothes so I stashed the mask in my pocket. Shit, there were only 4 of us there total anyway including the 2 outside.

Then I go to the pizza dive across the corner to pick up food and there are many warnings, so I put on the mask.

The beach itself was kind of funny. You could spot all the locals and regulars like myself walking with their boards straight to under the pier to talk with the other surfers then get in the ocean. No masks for us. It’s 100 degrees and we are about to get wet. Red flags are out which basically means people can’t go further than knee high water unless you are a surfer.

The people crowding the beach all fell into the following categories:

- out of towner tourists: These were mostly spotted by out of state plates and masks. The latter is cool. Sure, it’s 100 degrees out here and no one is near you from the parking lot to the sand but hey that’s cool. Keep your out of state shit to yourself. Lord forbid you drove here from Florida. People of all human races in this group. If you didn’t come to get in the water though..

- in state tourists: Normally already tanned. Don’t enter the water even though they are at the fucking beach. They just crowd the beach while playing annoying music and yelling at their kids that they are too far out rather than getting off their asses. Also all human races, but mostly Caucasian.

Then there is the store within walking distance of my trailer park. No warning signs, chick working there with no mask, all customers with no mask, Trump shit for sale at the counter but hey they also sell glass pipes so who am I to judge?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Two minutes later, Chuck Woolery deleted his account.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:03 am Out at the coast things were still pretty lax. At least I observed fewer (but still too many) tourists. At my local Dollar General there I whipped out the n-95 after noticing the signs and started to put it on when I recognized the manager (who doesn’t bother wearing a uniform but I know everyone out there) smoking and talking with a lady outside in lawn chairs. No one wearing a mask inside or out. Didn’t want to be the guy in the nudist colony wearing clothes so I stashed the mask in my pocket. Shit, there were only 4 of us there total anyway including the 2 outside.

Then I go to the pizza dive across the corner to pick up food and there are many warnings, so I put on the mask.

The beach itself was kind of funny. You could spot all the locals and regulars like myself walking with their boards straight to under the pier to talk with the other surfers then get in the ocean. No masks for us. It’s 100 degrees and we are about to get wet. Red flags are out which basically means people can’t go further than knee high water unless you are a surfer.

The people crowding the beach all fell into the following categories:

- out of towner tourists: These were mostly spotted by out of state plates and masks. The latter is cool. Sure, it’s 100 degrees out here and no one is near you from the parking lot to the sand but hey that’s cool. Keep your out of state shit to yourself. Lord forbid you drove here from Florida. People of all human races in this group. If you didn’t come to get in the water though..

- in state tourists: Normally already tanned. Don’t enter the water even though they are at the fucking beach. They just crowd the beach while playing annoying music and yelling at their kids that they are too far out rather than getting off their asses. Also all human races, but mostly Caucasian.

Then there is the store within walking distance of my trailer park. No warning signs, chick working there with no mask, all customers with no mask, Trump shit for sale at the counter but hey they also sell glass pipes so who am I to judge?
Masks only work if everyone wears them. Its only Republican states that sre still fighting this. Its hilarious that the red party is trying so hard to kill people in their stronghold states. I already had lots of reason to never speak to or get near a trumpster but now they are like lepers to me. I hope all the old white republucan fucks learn what "i cant breathe" means to them.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, fuck Chuck Woolery but Marc Summers has been tweeting about how Covid evolved from green slime.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, fuck Chuck Woolery but Richard Dawson's been tweeting for weeks about how the only way to catch it is by kissing all our moms.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Yeah, fuck Chuck Woolery but Ray Combs twee--

R... Ray?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Gananda, N.Y. – One school district is tracking temperatures with new technology as some students get ready to go back to the classroom next week.

Gananda Central has installed six thermo-cameras for all three schools in the district – two of them at the high school.

In a demonstration Thursday, school officials changed the trackers settings to show what the result will look like if a student’s temperature is too high, pinpointing students in a red color.

The cameras can detect the temperatures of up to 30 students at one time, and in a matter of seconds, school officials will know if their temperatures are safe or not. They will receive an email if a student is running a fever. From there, the student will go to an isolation room for an additional screening to determine if the student needs to get dismissed.
Has anyone ever played Splinter Cell 2? This is a weird example of art imitating life right here.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm disappointed by the lack of posts by The Happiness Engine and Braynb.

Also by the lack of Bailey's in the house. Are these two related?
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I did not drink all your Bailey's, if that is what We are implying.

Rye and barley tea.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Well, I only took the Kahlua. Glad it wasn't missed!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Except Trump brought in a lot of Corona. He didn't prevent it from being imported...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Yesterday my dad informed me that unless a miracle happens, he won't be attending our annual Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings this year. I'm not even sure we'll have them, and if we do, what they'll look like. I really can't see having 40 people inside right now, and I don't see my parents wanting to eat turkey and stuffing on the back porch off of a TV tray. The whole thing is depressing.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Another problem due to Coronavirus: No peeps!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Social distancing in the New York City subway, September, 2020. Notice the 100% mask usage* shown in the picture, and how separated they are:

Photo by Louis Rossmann from his YouTube video.

* 100% of the people in this video are not wearing a mask. Not one.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 am Social distancing in the New York City subway, September, 2020. Notice the 100% mask usage* shown in the picture, and how separated they are: (photo) Photo by Louis Rossmann from his YouTube video. * 100% of the people in this video are not wearing a mask. Not one.
Unless I missed it, I don't believe he said that was a current photo. He said that was an example of what the subway looks like, and was making a point.

This is a video of the NYC subway during rush hour, right now. I have friends who live there who can confirm it is a literal ghost town and does not look anything like that picture you shared.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

bryanb wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:03 pm Well, I only took the Kahlua. Glad it wasn't missed!
Both Bryan B and The Happiness Engine have an open pass to drink ANYTHING in my house in moderation, including the pretentious, high shelf Japanese and Bog whiskies. And if they insist, the Tide Pods because those crazy kids these days.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 am Both Bryan B and The Happiness Engine have an open pass to drink ANYTHING in my house in moderation... And if they insist, the Tide Pods because those crazy kids these days.
The advantage there is if they do that, they'll never do that again. And they'll not bother you again. The drawback is that pesky funeral you'd have to attend, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Paul, are you going to apologize for spreading bullshit with that outdated picture above?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:20 pm Paul, are you going to apologize for spreading bullshit with that outdated picture above?
Yes, I am sorry, and I apologize. I did not expect Louis to talk about how ridiculous it was to say that people could catch covid-19 from a pilates class or a gym, when this is how they traveled to get there, since most New Yorkers commute by subway, then later say this is how it was, without confirming it was still like that.