Apple Slows down old iPhones

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Apple Slows down old iPhones

Post by AArdvark »

Because They're cheese eating fuckers that only want to ass-rape you every two years and take your money and take away all your cat food and everything that you hold dear including your self respect and pasta sauce and everything.

THE
LYING DOWN NOW
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Re: Apple Slows down old iPhones

Post by Tdarcos »

You know what, you can buy an Android phone, is unlocked and supports two sim cards (so it works on almost all networks), has a six-core processor (ad claims 10 but I verified its only six), has 8G of ram and 128GB of flash, can support a 256GB mini-sd card. Can use built-in mic and speaker or plug in headet or use bluetooth. What would this cost in an iPhone? Probably over $1000 (in addition to requiring a (usually expensive) 3-year contract since Apple gets a kickback from the carrier). Did I mention it's actually a 10.1" tablet, and costs under $54 including shipping on Amazon? I know, because I bought one a few weeks ago.

There is no reason to buy Apple's overpriced crap where they pull stunts like this. If Apple had been honest and told people what they were doing (presuming the reason wasn't a pretext) - and if they hadn't been dishonest in making the battery not user replaceable - they wouldn't have gotten this slap on the wrist. (To them, $25 mil is chump change; Apple probably has enough money to buy France.)
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is funny to me because I have an Android phone

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

"25 million euros"

So they have been rewarded, not fined.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RealNC wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 pm "25 million euros"

So they have been rewarded, not fined.
My apologies, you are correct, it was 25 million euros, which is $27 million according to the article. Eh, but what's a couple million among enemies?

Let's see. Say Apple sold 3 million iPhones in France. Average price, 500 Euros. That's 1.5 billion Euros The fine amounts to an extra tax of 7 euros on each phone. If the Value Added Tax is, say, 12%, the sales tax customers paid of about EUR60 was 8 times Apple's fine for misleading them.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Flack

Post by Flack »

"In second place is Apple, which makes $163 million in a day or $1 million every 8.8 minutes."
https://digg.com/2019/worlds-most-profitable-companies
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So this fine didn't mean anything to them. Apple can still mess with all the older iphones to get people to upgrade. This is yet another reason why I don't like Apple products. It's kinda like they care about you, but not really.

THE
GENIUS BAR
AARDVARK