Remote Viewing

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Remote Viewing

Post by Jizaboz »

I’ve been having some fun gauging my “skill” at this. Today I did a test which presented 4 or 5 random letters to me to view. So, you take a few minutes to put your mind in a “special place” to envision wtf those letters could translate to as an image of a scene or place.

The first one I did honestly kind of shocked me. I’m trying hard to picture wtf it could be and jot down a shape with a couple of lines in it. Clicked “reveal” and in the photo is not exactly the shield looking thing I drew but the outline of the shape of and presence of internal lines on a balloon type thing is spot on to my “shield sketch” Fucking weird.

So I assume this is a fluke. I do another test. Ehh maybe get 50% on that one. I saw the sun but it was sort of a thing that had to be there anyway. I try again. Completely fail. Then I try again and damn it.. it gets weird again.

On the third test I sketch a straight line with a wavy one on top alongside a stick figure. I reveal the target and it’s a flat lake surrounded by hills with a sailboat sitting on the lake. The sail supports also kind of resembling a stick figure man.

Final test.. letter string “lotr”. Instantly I know this is gonna be a challenge not to think about hobbits or rings. I thought about it and wrote 2 words: “red” “eyes”. I reveal the image and it’s orange clouds (close!) with a clear face and set of eyes.

If any of you are interested, this may be a fun thing to do here. Basically all someone has to do is say whatever random shit about something they know is real, then have another person try to “view” what that thing is.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Re: Remote Viewing

Post by Jizaboz »

Oh and perhaps I should elaborate on my “special place” for this. If you try this then you should envision whatever works for you but for me..

I picture a plain white wall surrounded by a plain and sterile environment (See the cover of The Magic Candle for such symmetry). In that wall is a black, rectangular window. When I want to view the target, it’s maybe barely viewable on the other side of it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Test #1

I have sent an image in an email to myself. Subject: FHRB. Describe for me what is in this picture.

You have until Tuesday.

- No “wrong answers” here! If you genuinely try it I want to know what you are “seeing”.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

This won’t be completely scientific without an outside observer btw. If anyone wants to volunteer to be the guy that also sees the image behind the puzzle before it’s revealed..

The winner (the persona that most accurately describes the picture) should create the next “test” too!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

2 days left for guesses!

And no, I am not back on the LSD. Think of it as a fun game like playing with a Quiga board!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

What the hell are you smoking? (And is it any good?)

Anyway, here goes. I see... giant anime boobs.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think we are all missing context here.

What is "remote viewing"?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Remote Viewing is a psychic power some people claim to have that allows them to literally view something remotely. Some remote viewers claim to be able to see things far away, while others claim to be able to physically leave their bodies behind like a ghost to go look at things. The US government experimented with it during the 1970s (see "The Men Who Stare at Goats") but nothing came of it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 am Remote Viewing is a psychic power some people claim to have that allows them to literally view something remotely. Some remote viewers claim to be able to see things far away, while others claim to be able to physically leave their bodies behind like a ghost to go look at things. The US government experimented with it during the 1970s (see "The Men Who Stare at Goats") but nothing came of it.
Spot on, yeah. There was also a book written by Ingo Swann on the topic that was really far out.

I can clarify.. the "target" in the picture is of a PLACE somewhere you are trying to envision. RealNC's guess is.. well.. perhaps if the "target" was a picture of Worm's house? (heh-heh) I won't say one way or another.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I'm doing this, but I will have to get into a Zen state and draw a Crazy Doodle. Don't give anything away first. I will block out a cocktail hour so I can sit down with the 'ol sketchbook

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:53 pm I'm doing this, but I will have to get into a Zen state and draw a Crazy Doodle. Don't give anything away first. I will block out a cocktail hour so I can sit down with the 'ol sketchbook
Oh nice! Haha
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

So for round two, I can draw a picture and people can email me their pictures so we can do a completely blind test. Let's get round one out of the way though. I assume the letters are random and not supposed to represent anything in the artwork?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack has been sent the picture to ensure I don't change it or anything.
Flack wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:11 pm So for round two, I can draw a picture and people can email me their pictures so we can do a completely blind test. Let's get round one out of the way though. I assume the letters are random and not supposed to represent anything in the artwork?
Good question! The letters are MOSTLY random. Each of the 4 letters stands for a random word that I associated with the location in my head.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

How do we think this is remotely possible? None of us know each other well enough to possibly imagine or "connect" with what is in their heads. I get the idea of quantum pairing and I'm spiritual about the idea that if 2 photons can be paired and connected thousands of miles from each other then there must be a possibility of something with the immense complexity of the human mind being capable of something similar but we're just a bunch of semi-losers typing stupid shit into a '90's style web forum. I'm completely confused about the purpose of this thread, way more confused than any other thread I've ever seen here.

Flack

Post by Flack »

According to those who claim to have the ability to remote view, no previous connection or relationship is necessary. Going back to those old military experiments, the idea here was that people with psychic powers could become spies and view things far away. What an advantage we would have if someone with psychic powers could magically view war plans written on a white board thousands of miles away?

As to "how do we think this is remotely possible?", I can't speak for anyone else, but I do not. Remote viewing is right up there with ESP, telekinesis, ghosts, and lots of other things. But if Jiz wants to run an experiment and people here want to test their psychic ability, I am certainly willing to be a neutral arbitrator/judge.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

So far the only guess I have is "giant anime boobs." being in the location.

Any other guesses? Let's get this one out of the way so we can start round 2! I'll post the image in a few hours regardless.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

I was reluctant to participate in this until CO said something. After all, remote viewing seems like just the sort of activity that could theoretically open one up to shadow people attacks, and that's exactly what I don't want in my life right now. Now that CO has revealed his attitude to be one of healthy skepticism rather than unmitigated terror -- an attitude that I myself actually share -- I have the all clear I needed to join in at the eleventh hour.

What I'm seeing is a desert scene. There's sand everywhere. A few cacti are scattered about and doing whatever it is that cacti do. There's a humongous rock that dominates the landscape. The locals call this area Big Ass Rock Gulch, but the locals are ignorant --- this isn't a gulch because there's no indication that water ever flowed through this area. I'm also a remote smeller so I can't help but notice the intoxicating aroma of fermented camel dung that fills the air and helps create a downright oppressive atmosphere. This is a place I want to leave quickly even though I'm only visiting it in my mind.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

bryanb wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:48 pmAfter all, remote viewing seems like just the sort of activity that could theoretically open one up to shadow people attacks,
OMG, do you listen to Coast to Coast too?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Sorry, couldn't resist..

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I started by sketching the letters and not really focusing on anything. It usually helps to have a drink but aint nobody got time fo dat. I got a picture of a beach at sunset, or maybe sunrise, with everything very still, very little water movement and the sun just half up, or down.