FlowScape

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: FlowScape

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:39 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 pmIf you never saw Bob Ross' TV show, let me tell you, he was amazing.
Is it still on? What channel/time, I gotta check this out!
If it's still on, it's in reruns. Bob Ross experienced Painter Existence Fzilure and has been permanently retired. I think they sell DVDs at http://bobross.com.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 pm If that is an interest of some of the people here, then depending on the rooms/maps you wanted to generate, I might actually suggest Planet Coaster as an alternative. Planet Coaster has become such a design phenomenon, there are large numbers of designers who never touch the coaster/ride/theme park aspects, and just build architecture and landscapes.

It has far more flexibility than FlowScape in terms of what you can build -- particularly in terms of architecture. FlowScape has the benefit of being faster and easier to QUICKLY lay down a reasonable looking, attractive landscape.
But waitasec. You say that PlanetCoaster has people not touch the coaster part - but each scene has at least one default coaster, right? My understanding is that it has to have something, the software doesn't allow you to completely take it out. Either a small coaster in the upper right hand corner, or a Ferris Wheel, or a "test your strength" game behind some trees. I think you have to have something.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:25 pm
pinback wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 pm If that is an interest of some of the people here, then depending on the rooms/maps you wanted to generate, I might actually suggest Planet Coaster as an alternative. Planet Coaster has become such a design phenomenon, there are large numbers of designers who never touch the coaster/ride/theme park aspects, and just build architecture and landscapes.

It has far more flexibility than FlowScape in terms of what you can build -- particularly in terms of architecture. FlowScape has the benefit of being faster and easier to QUICKLY lay down a reasonable looking, attractive landscape.
But waitasec. You say that PlanetCoaster has people not touch the coaster part - but each scene has at least one default coaster, right? My understanding is that it has to have something, the software doesn't allow you to completely take it out. Either a small coaster in the upper right hand corner, or a Ferris Wheel, or a "test your strength" game behind some trees. I think you have to have something.
I feel like this is a joke or reference to something, but my mind is old and feeble, so I'll just play it straight: "No."
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.