Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

WAREBOT

Post by WAREBOT »

I FEEL FOR YOU POOR PATHETIC MORTALS, BECAUSE ON JUNE 18th, 2002, NEVERWINTER NIGHTS WILL SHIP, THUS AGAIN MAKING YOUR LIVES MEANINGLESS AND WITHOUT HUMAN INTERACTION ONCE AGAIN.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I may end up waiting before grabbing this one. I paid full, day-of-release price for the last three games I bought and this one trumping them all at a $54.99 MSRP is rather indefensible.

Then again, it took forever for Baldur's Gate II to have its price knocked down. It's still only down to $29.99 at EB, and it's been out for a couple years.

Hurm.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well... looks like it's out.

Also noticed that Blizzard selected $74.99 as the retail price for the collector's edition of Warcraft III. Collector's Edition. $74.99. Christ dying on a cross for our sins. Etc.

Is $74.99 the most a PC game has ever retailed for? I think it might be. I want to say $69.99 is what the Warcraft "Battle Chest" went for back in 1996 when it was first released. I could be wrong. But still, that was two games and an add-on pack, not just one game like WC3.

bruce

Dude, /Time Zone/

Post by bruce »

TIme Zone retailed at $99.95, and that was in, like 1982 dollars!

Post by Guest »

Got it. Do you?
75 bucks, fuck, I hardly want to waste 3 CD's on it.
Granted, I haven't played it. The NFO screamed magic missle though.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I in fact do not.

I heard a rumor that you need to connect to Bioware's server if you want to play a LAN game. I mean, we're all reasonable adults here, so I feel I can state my intentions: I eventually want to build two auxillary computers at my house, spawn two copies onto those machines and then start a game on my regular PC, have some friends over, and try to make way our way through the game. Warcraft II was up on the whole "spawning" thing, but I don't know where NWN stands. The rumor may be unfounded, as certainly I've never been to a deathmatch or LAN party where every computer had independent access to the net. So, I dunno.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Dude, /Time Zone/

bruce wrote:TIme Zone retailed at $99.95, and that was in, like 1982 dollars!
Ah, right. Also, didn't Mystery House (that stick-figure line drawn game by Roberta Williams for Sierra On-Line) retail at something sickening as well? Maybe I'm thinking of Jason and the Golden Fleece or Silver Comb or something instead. Dunno.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Does anybody, and I mean anybody, know if you can play NWN like you could Baldur's Gate I and II where you can have control over all the players in your party by starting a multiplayer game and then assigning control over all characters to yourself?

I am friendless and without CHARISMA. So I want to know that I can play it alone if need be.

And Jesus, the first guy you meet's named Pavel? PAVEL?!?! Pavel conjures up images of Bure and Chekov, neither of which should be anywhere near a D&D game.

bruce

Mystery House

Post by bruce »

Retailed at $24.95, according to Kim Schuette's _Book of Adventure Games_.

HTH, HAND, etc.