frigging mozilla

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

frigging mozilla

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I just started using it 100% of the time at home. Rage against the man and all, but how on earth are you supposed to alphabetize your bookmarks? This is on version 1.1a.

I have gone to Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks thing and organized them by name there. It works fine. But it does not translate that behavior to actually using the Bookmarks tab.

Surely this thing didn't get released without that functionality? Surely... that's a foul, ref??!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post by Guest »

So try posting with Lynx. Man, this is a real pain. Or check out http://browsers.evolt.org.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, but if you're browsing with Lynx you've kind of got a sadistic streak to begin with. I just switched because they refuse to implement a "no unrequested popup" feature in IE.

I have been known to use Lynx at work, though, because it looks enough like emacs where passersby think that real work is being done. (Er, Lynx and emacs both happen to have tan-colored backgrounds in my case.) And that's really what it's all about.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Eric

Post by Eric »

That guest was me. I was just messing with Lynx for the “fun” of it and I couldn’t bear the thought of even navigating back to the login!

I have this idea I’d like to ditch IE just on principle but the problem is I’m used to it and very lazy.

Opera has some nice features for navigating by just jiggling yer mouse, but I’ve been too lazy to learn them, plus it has that annoying advertising. Tried some small browsers but a lot, like Enigma which is pretty decent, need to have IE installed, so you’re still using IE, really.

Off By One doesn’t use IE but I found that there are sites now that won’t let you in if javascript isn’t enabled and OBO doesn’t support javascript. I don’t care if I don’t see javascript but I want to be able to get into any site I want to get into.

I am using Pop-Up Killer, but that is now unsupported and uses a lot of memory, I think, so that’s not ideal but I am such a light computer user it hardly matters.

Another problem is that I would be loathe to remove IE from my computer because so many applications seem to leech off it, I’d almost certainly disable some junk I play with.

Then there’s the whole Windows conundrum. For someone who isn’t computer savvy, it is pretty hard to imagine using
another OS except maybe Mac, but unfortunately most of
the people I do work for require their files to be
delivered in some Microsoft format or other.

However, I did download Mozzila and have been looking it
over.

It is *a bad thing* when businesses prosper because of predatory practices rather than their products.