One year of Wired Magazine online: $5

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

One year of Wired Magazine online: $5

Post by Tdarcos »

If you like Wired magazine they're offering unlimited access to the on-line version for 12 months for $5
http://links.newsletters.wired.com/ctt? ... &mt=1&rt=0
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Re: One year of Wired Magazine online: $5

Post by Jizaboz »

Looks like it's actually both in a way. 5$ for "print subscription" + ad-free on their website.

Thanks for sharing that man
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Wired was cool back when they had decent writers like Bruce Sterling and (occasionally) Neil Stephenson

The last couple times I checked out Wired it was like one long Apple commercial.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Wired was cool before they published the Manning-Lamo logs and got Chelsea Manning sent to federal prison.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

It had been a couple of decades since I had subscribed to a paper magazine but then I took some kind of survey with a reward of multiple magazines for like $2/year each. For a long time I haven't thought that I would have the time or inclination to sit down with paper reading materials and I was right. I now have a stack of Wired, Nat. Geo, Fortune, and others that I have never and probably won't read before I recycle them. If I can read anything I want in an instant on my phone, why ever worry about paper magazines (or newspapers, they're the worst) again?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ah, the mid-90s. I used to make a special trip to Hastings once a month to pick up the latest issues of Wired and Internet Underground, and check to see if a new 2600 had come out. That was a special time. I felt like an extra in Hackers, going out of my way to pick up a print magazine about the goddamn internet. How else were you going to find all the latest k-r4d URLs, d00d? Altavista? I don't THINK so, cowboy.

I wonder if my old trenchcoat still fits.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:11 pm It had been a couple of decades since I had subscribed to a paper magazine but then I took some kind of survey with a reward of multiple magazines for like $2/year each. For a long time I haven't thought that I would have the time or inclination to sit down with paper reading materials and I was right. I now have a stack of Wired, Nat. Geo, Fortune, and others that I have never and probably won't read before I recycle them. If I can read anything I want in an instant on my phone, why ever worry about paper magazines (or newspapers, they're the worst) again?
I think I prefer paper-medium reading material because I do a lot reading on the toilet haha Also when my eyes are bothering me I don't want to even look at a glowing screen to read something.
Flack wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:44 pm Ah, the mid-90s. I used to make a special trip to Hastings once a month to pick up the latest issues of Wired and Internet Underground, and check to see if a new 2600 had come out. That was a special time. I felt like an extra in Hackers, going out of my way to pick up a print magazine about the goddamn internet. How else were you going to find all the latest k-r4d URLs, d00d? Altavista? I don't THINK so, cowboy.

I wonder if my old trenchcoat still fits.
Hmm you know come to think of it the last computer magazines I ever bought in print were PC Gaming World and one of those large computer magazines filled with ads and hardware order forms. I never read much 2600 magazine but remember reading and enjoying every PHRACK when they were released on the internet.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 amI think I prefer paper-medium reading material because I do a lot reading on the toilet haha Also when my eyes are bothering me I don't want to even look at a glowing screen to read something.
I've been using this for a while and it's great:

https://darkreader.org