Cyberpunk gameplay video

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Cyberpunk gameplay video

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I don't know why they didn't just release it as a demo, but here's 48 minutes of gameplay for a game I am anticipating taking some vacation days for, Cyberpunk 2077.

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Re: Cyberpunk gameplay video

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah this looks pretty cool. I like the punk chick's hair-doo and her butt.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Anybody here still into making their own PCs? I don't want compromises to play that thing when it comes out. Here is a build I am looking at getting in the future:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/icecreamj ... iew=rjxHhM

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card
Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Any things I should switch? Any completely unhelpful snide comments from the usual line of shitbags around here?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

The game will have Ray Tracing support, and that means the upcoming NVidia RTX cards will be pretty much required if you want to enable that feature.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Also, this game will most probably come out at the end of 2020. The 1080 Ti will be almost 4 years old hardware by then, so nobody knows if it will be enough to run this game at maximum settings or high frame rates.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:28 am The game will have Ray Tracing support, and that means the upcoming NVidia RTX cards will be pretty much required if you want to enable that feature.
Ah-ha! See? SEE? THIS is the sort of helpful comments that I was craving and I thought that I would have to hire someone to give me this worthwhile discussion. I believe the term is crunchy. This is a crunchy post.

Thanks, RealNC. You are the only person here I am 100% happy with.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 am Also, this game will most probably come out at the end of 2020. The 1080 Ti will be almost 4 years old hardware by then, so nobody knows if it will be enough to run this game at maximum settings or high frame rates.
Great point. Outstanding point. Perhaps this is the wrong time to make a move. The computer I have now runs everything "fine." I am not blown away by graphics, but then I'm not looking for that.

RealNC has once again given aid when the battle looked lost. I hope the rest of you are asking why you can't be more like him because honestly I don't understand why.

Thanks, in sincerity.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm I hope the rest of you are asking why you can't be more like him because honestly I don't understand why.
Well, I can't help with hardware questions because I haven't paid attention to this level of detail since my employers started providing my laptops and my wife made sure I don't have time to tinker or play real games. I can give advice about other things though, i promise.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I considered upgrading to a 1080 Ti last year, but decided to upgrade my monitor instead and get a G-Sync IPS monitor that is larger, higher resolution and higher refresh rate. G-Sync takes care of mitigating the performance loss of the higher resolution in games (1080p vs 1440p, which is a resolution increase of almost 80%.)

A while ago, I posted my impressions here (wall of text warning):

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3337

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:18 amAny completely unhelpful snide comments from the usual line of shitbags around here?
Seems like a considerable investment for a game geared towards casuals.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Don't know anything about modern video cards, but I finally got the Ultimate 1541's emulated 1750 REU working, giving me a 16MB RAM drive on my C64.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:39 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm I hope the rest of you are asking why you can't be more like him because honestly I don't understand why.
Well, I can't help with hardware questions because I haven't paid attention to this level of detail since my employers started providing my laptops and my wife made sure I don't have time to tinker or play real games. I can give advice about other things though, i promise.
Agreed, you're gifted in other ways.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:16 pm Don't know anything about modern video cards, but I finally got the Ultimate 1541's emulated 1750 REU working, giving me a 16MB RAM drive on my C64.
Is there a concept of a boot disk for C64 games in the same context that there is for DOS? Are you able to put any game you want in any format in that RAM disk?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Back to Cyberpunk...

I saw one simple thing being done during a dialogue scene that I've never seen done in any other game. Ever. At least in a game I played. It's a small thing, probably nobody ever complained about it, but it always bugged me.

And that small thing is: for once, even just once, having the last word in a dialogue. In any game I ever played, if you say something, you will always, ALWAYS get a reply. Somebody will always give you attitude followed by a mic drop by THEM, and YOU are required by the game's writer to just shut the fuck up and take it. Again, small thing perhaps, but it always annoyed the hell out of me.

It took us almost 40 years, but finally, FINALLY, Cyberpunk has a dialogue scene where the player basically says "shut the fuck up" and walks away. Mic drop, see ya later, bitch.

I am in tears right now. Perhaps our resident game writer here might be able to shed some light into this. Why is the player never allowed to get this kind of satisfaction in a game's dialogue? It felt SO GOOD seeing the player get the last word in that Cyberpunk scene. Did it never occur to any game writer before that this should be a thing?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

(The dialogue scene I'm talking is at 46:50.)

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:18 am Anybody here still into making their own PCs?
Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. Nowadays pre-built ones seem to provide the best value for my money, and refurb machines do fine for what I want to accomplish.
Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ...
Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case ...

Any things I should switch? Any completely unhelpful snide comments from the usual line of shitbags around here?
I have never heard of Fractal Design, but Cooler Master makes cases too.

If you can get to one of Micro Center's 35 stores nationwide you should try. They have an excellent selection, have employees who know computers and are one of the few places it's fun to shop at. It's the kind of place where you discover something you weren't thinking of, and it's often inexpensive. Like a $3 adapter to plug SD cards into a USB socket. And because I have the same problem with speakers that I have had with Android tablets I can pay $6 for a set of powered speakers or a headset with microphone.

I'm fortunate to have two of their stores within bus/rail distance. If I think I'll need something I'll go because unlike Amazon when you get there it's a whole store full of I.T. related equipment and supplies to look around. In some cases they'll beat Amazon on price even though I have Prime.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 pm I am in tears right now. Perhaps our resident game writer here might be able to shed some light into this. Why is the player never allowed to get this kind of satisfaction in a game's dialogue? It felt SO GOOD seeing the player get the last word in that Cyberpunk scene. Did it never occur to any game writer before that this should be a thing?
I want to be sure I know what you mean. This is from the first scene in Cryptozookeeper. (EDIT I took a screenshot and tried to upload it to imgur. Because nothing ever fucking works on the internet, it didn't upload. I'll try later. Message resumes.) You never have to talk to that guy again and you get the last word, although it's not strictly confrontational. But a bunch of exchanges happen, the PC just happens to talk last. So perhaps that is not what you mean.

From a text game perspective I don't know if the insult to end the discussion works, because you say a line and then the game just sits there. It has to do something. Otherwise you pressed "1" to say the line, the game says that you said the line and that's just it. It has to react in some way otherwise it would seem weird. In Cyberpunk 2077, since you have a dude moving around the screen, she can say it, effectively turn on her heel and go do something else.

Mickey Mantle had a saying after he retired. "If I knew that people were gonna care about hitting 40 home runs and stealing 40 bases in the same season, I'd have done it a few times." The fact that you like this interaction is AWESOME information. Fuck, I'll put this sort of thing all over the next one I make.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Aversion to first person shooters. Don't get me wrong, I like Halo and Medal of Honor but I get lost really easily, especially when it's dark. (Doom 3!)

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:17 pm I want to be sure I know what you mean. This is from the first scene in Cryptozookeeper. You never have to talk to that guy again and you get the last word, although it's not strictly confrontational. But a bunch of exchanges happen, the PC just happens to talk last. So perhaps that is not what you mean.
Indeed, not exactly what I mean. It's about ending the conversation with someone I really dislike, without them giving me attitude and the game not giving me the option to give them attitude in return.

If I end the conversation, things don't have to end there. The game can describe to me how the NPC really didn't like that, how they behave, how they look at me, or even how I feel about what just happened. This works much better in a text adventure, even.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Got it. I never avoided doing that intentionally, but now I'll do it intentionally.