Autoduel

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Autoduel

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The game that needs to be remade more than any other is Rocket Jockey but I can't do that.

I am approaching the point as a programmer where I could make something like Autoduel.

Casual Observer, Aardvark - you great men mentioned it recently. Can you share with me what you liked about Autoduel and what worked for you in that game?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Autoduel

Post by Casual Observer »

It was the first "open world" type of game experience that I ever had. There were only 4 or 5 cities that you could travel to but the road between them was dangerous and presented an opportunity for auto fighting between cities. Then there was the gambling aspect. Money was the key with autduel, buying better cars and weapons was the only way to advance in the game. You went to a gambling place and the blackjack table was the most easily won. I remember that there was a technique for winning at the blackjack table and so if you spent enough time working it then you could get enough cash to buy your own armor and the car that would win. You could enter "carmaggeton" type matches which depended not just on your car's specs but also some amount of skills on your part. The graphics couldn't be more simplistic but the open world and different types of experiences made this my favorite game of the 80s.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 amI am approaching the point as a programmer where I could make something like Autoduel.
I don't know why Autoduel couldn't be a great mobile game, probably would make tons of money due to nostalgia and the fact that most other mobile games suck ass.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I don't believe I ever played Autoduel. Based on the above description I don't think I ever had that game

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:12 pm I don't believe I ever played Autoduel. Based on the above description I don't think I ever had that game
That's probably because it wasn't called Antduel.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Feeling better, are we?