A friendly request to everyone

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

A friendly request to everyone

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I got notification that some people who run the Internet's "Webbie" awards will be dropping by this week to check on our forum. We're in the running for the category of "Best New Website, Forum or Blog." I guess it's because we installed version 3 of phpBB the other month or something.

Anyway, this is a pretty exciting deal and I'm wondering if we could all sort of, in our own way, "dial it down" a bit until the representatives from the Webbies have a chance to look at things. Maybe not create a bunch of weird threads and maybe keep some of our more radical opinions to ourselves for a few days. Well, thanks for reading and I'm sure things over the next week will be nice, sedate and normal!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Re: A friendly request to everyone

Post by Billy Mays »

These people sound desperately poor and lonely, if you want to win then just send them some free game codes for steam or maybe even some cans of soup.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

So these "judges" for those "awards" don't have a sense of humor?

Is it really necessary to add this to every post: "The above was a joke, and you should not take it seriously." I mean, when someone asks a question that just seems carefully crafted to invite this sort of joke, it's pretty clear what the replies are gonna be.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Can you give us an idea of the criteria they judge by? Didn't know there was such a thing as forum awards, how does one become a judge of someone else's content?

THE
BASIS OF
COMPARISON
AARDVARK

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

AArdvark wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 amhow does one become a judge of someone else's content?
By judging someone else's content. :P

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So there's no internet content judging certification or college degree or anything? People can just throw on a black dressing gown and curly white wig and pass judgement on random forums?

Huh....

Flack

Post by Flack »

Would it be possible to add a disclaimer to the forum's landing page that says from roughly 2002 until 8/12/2018 was opposite day?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

They're coming here this week? Before we have a chance to get the dust kitties out from under the furniture and press our shirts?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think James Webb is involved.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!