The Aftermath: Pet Counts

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The Aftermath: Pet Counts

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Has anyone broken the news to Mina yet about LeBron?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 pmNashville and i couldn't live there.
I'm nearly certain you could live there.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Shortly before adopting our rescue dog my kids visited both the Titanic Experience in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, and the Titanic Museum in Belfast, Ireland, which is why the dog's name is Molly (Brown).

The cat's name is Dusty Springtail, which literally nobody calls her, ever. The cat's unofficial name is "Cat-Cat," although depending on what she's doing at the moment, that changes. When she's riding on someone's shoulder like a parrot (an annoying thing my family encourages) she becomes "Shoulder Cat." When you wake up and find her sleeping near your feet (which my family treats like winning the lottery), she's "Foot Cat." When she throws up (almost daily) I yell out "Hacky Cat," which hasn't really caught on but is one of my favorites. It really doesn't matter what you call her because she rarely reacts to anything any of us say.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 am I'm nearly certain you could live there.
My wife is black, I can't live anywhere near the south.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

My mother decided to buy a pedigreed dog with actual papers and spent $200 for him. We typically get dogs from the pound but my mother got tricked into buying one by visiting a pet store where they put you and the animal in a pen and let you play with it for a few minutes. She was hooked.

She named him "Buttons," but the AKC papers said you have to think of a unique name. So I decided to officially name him, "Sir Buttons of House Robinson," suspecting that was unlikely to be used. We never did register the dog, though.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:03 am
pinback wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 am I'm nearly certain you could live there.
That's what they always say about the south, not a lot of people of African-American descent there.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 am
Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:03 am
That's what they always say about the south, not a lot of people of African-American descent there.
heh, funny but the problem is there's still way more white people and they're not the most enlightened folks you'll ever meet. There's racist white people everywhere though, can't really escape it anywhere. Just the other day in Walnut Creek, about 10 miles from where I live, while sitting at a bar picking up takeout I had a white guy comment to me that he could never live in Pittsburg (CA) because "there are too many black people there". I won't even get into detail about shit we've run into with small town cops here or even some treatment at restaurants.

Billy will call it "fake news" though because he's a trumpster.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I would in actuality express empathy as I have experienced similar transgressions in my life.

Casual Observer

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:43 pm I would in actuality express empathy as I have experienced similar transgressions in my life.
Of all the posts I've encountered in my travels . . . This was the most . . . Human.