Paul, your inbox is full again.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Paul, your inbox is full again.

Post by pinback »

So I guess if you're "not sure what you did wrong", that would be a good place to start.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: Paul, your inbox is full again.

Post by pinback »

Actually, here is the specific error message:
550 Domain paul-robinson.us has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%)) allowed. Message discarded.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I need a break from Tdarcos. The vision that I had for this place is not what it currently is. Right now, it's a forum where one guy gets everything wrong, acts out in unfunny ways and nothing fun happens. Many of you are doing your best, but to what end when it gets derailed? We've tried shaping the way Tdarcos posts, but he has this innate belief that he should ignore requests and that they don't apply to them. (They don't apply to him here. For whatever reason he's one of the best posters in Caltrops history and does everything we've ever asked of him there. I don't understand it.)

I found myself going out of my way to give Billy a hard time on the weight loss thread and it just made me think that I don't like who I am becoming here. Billy did everything we asked to fit in here and is a fantastic contributor. I don't want to go out of my way to give people a hard time.

So I just need a break. Don't get me wrong, it's because of Tdarcos's actions (I remember when I needed a break before he assured us all it's because he diagnosed "seasonal affective disorder" in me) but I need a break from him here.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Why don't YOU go away, so we can all continue to enjoy Paul? Why is it our problem that you have a bug up your ass about this Behemoth of the Eternally Incorrect?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I didn't care about you giving me a hard time, I just wish you'd stop banning Paul.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 am Why don't YOU go away, so we can all continue to enjoy Paul? Why is it our problem that you have a bug up your ass about this Behemoth of the Eternally Incorrect?
You've run off probably 20 people from this site because it amused you to do so. I don't care what you think about it. If I did the same to you, your Discord would be a wasteland but because I treat you better than you treat others, I don't.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's not 1998 anymore, my friend. We've all grown, matured, moved on. Why are you still so angry?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Don't you remember the fun we used to have before EVERY THREAD had the obligatory post where everything contained in it was wrong and we had to go deal with that? Do you remember the olden days?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Paul is largely what makes this place fun, sooner or later you are going to have to come to grips with the fact that he is the soul of Jolt Country. I get that you're stressed out so I am relieving you from your "I told you so" burden you took on in the other thread, I will not be telling you so regarding that matter, but this constantly banning Paul is another thing entirely...Banning Paul is the wrong thing to do.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

pinback wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:29 am Actually, here is the specific error message:
550 Domain paul-robinson.us has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%)) allowed. Message discarded.
Could any of you fucking idiots learn to read? The problem isn't a "full mailbox" it's that his MX is shit and shits itself nonstop because he pays $5/yr for hosting. So YOUR mail sender gets fed up and says "Fuck this fat cripple, I'm done with this." Then throws the mail on the floor, next to a soon-to-be-crushed Android tablet.

Basically once you hit send, your ISP asks "How pissed off is ICJ?" and responds accordingly.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

come to grips with the fact that he is the soul of Jolt Country.
That's the day I punch out of here for real. Paul is a nice guy with personality issues but he is not the soul of this board.

Like a Venetian blind, the thought of it makes me shutter.

THE
LET'S KEEP IT REAL
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Happiness Engine wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm
pinback wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:29 am Actually, here is the specific error message:
Could any of you fucking idiots learn to read? The problem isn't a "full mailbox" it's that his MX is shit and shits itself nonstop because he pays $5/yr for hosting. So YOUR mail sender gets fed up and says "Fuck this fat cripple, I'm done with this." Then throws the mail on the floor, next to a soon-to-be-crushed Android tablet.

Basically once you hit send, your ISP asks "How pissed off is ICJ?" and responds accordingly.
This is good investigative work. Thanks, Happiness Engine. That is one of the things I get paying for hosting from Chet. Working email.

(My beaver@zombieworld.com account has worked for probably two decades. I have Chet to thank for that. I don't mind the $150 bill for hosting, really. Hell, I consider it a donation to OMM.)