Snorkeling

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Snorkeling

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let's have a great 2018. Any of you guys snorkle??!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Snorkeling

Post by Casual Observer »

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am Let's have a great 2018. Any of you guys snorkle??!
I've been a few times -- once in the Bahamas, once in Hawaii, and once in Cozumel. In Hawaii we went to Molokini Crater (a submerged volcano crater just off of Maui), and in Cozumel we visited Chankanaab reef and got to see the underwater statue of Jesus. While both of those things were amazing to see, I was just as excited to see fish, turtles, and other ocean critters. Actually, it's pretty exciting just to see blue water like that. The only water that blue in Oklahoma is found in swimming pools.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I'll probably never snorkel or scuba... at least in deep water. I love surfing and swimming and being on boats.. ya know, on top of the water.

I have a really, really bad phobia about being near huge objects underwater.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Off the coast of Maui, 1986 That's the last and only time.

Enjoy my package!

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

I've actually been reading a book called Snorkelhead about freshwater snorkeling in streams. I really want to try this.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Snorkeling is one thing but don't you have to have a license to scuba dive? Or has that changed?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 am Snorkeling is one thing but don't you have to have a license to scuba dive? Or has that changed?
You can test out of it, but otherwise, yeah. If you can answer a bunch of questions from a textbook, they do just give you the license.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Are there scuba cops who could pull you over underwater if you were scubaing without a license?

SCUBA COPS!

#scubacops
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm Are there scuba cops who could pull you over underwater if you were scubaing without a license?
It's not a license, it's a certificate and while there are no laws requiring you to have one, the dive world is highly self regulated and you will have an impossible time doing anything from chartering a boat to even getting your tanks filled without presenting that certificate unless accompanied by a dive instructor.

Ice Cream Jonsey

For what it's worth, that only applies to areas where they don't quite have the Xerox and Photoshop technology.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 pm For what it's worth, that only applies to areas where they don't quite have the Xerox and Photoshop technology.
They're plastic photo identification cards.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oooo, you just got MAYSED.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The normal me, the one that doesn't have both the flu and a sinus infection, would have worked this joke into the conversation. After two pills, some Tamiflu and four sprays of nasal spray, I don't have it in me. If someone else could take this and run with it, I'd appreciate it.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."