Bit Dungeon II: A review

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Bit Dungeon II: A review

Post by Tdarcos »

Bit Dungeon II is like a graphic version of Rogue, with better graphics and less understandability on how to play.

'Better graphics' means trees and cave openings as opposed to Rogue's text-based visuals. But it's done in retro '80s 4-bit color, it looks like.

You have to find the cave where the weapons are, then use black coins to buy them. To get coins you have to find them, trapped in crates that open when touched. But the crates are guarded and you have to avoid the guards since you have nothing with which to fight them.

So then you get the coins, go back and buy the weapons, then go through clearings where enemies are, who are mostly so weak one stab or strike by hitting the spacebar will kill them.

So then you head for a major cave which I think was called The Cave of Souls. Try fighting these enemies. You die. Go through everything again. You're killed and it's game over.

Plus for some reason the health meter begins at 25%.

Went to a different cave, there are 4 stones covering, or not covering, floor switches that open doors to other areas. Move a stone, the doors - which are about 4 seconds travel from the area of the stones - then open, for about two seconds. You can't run fast enough and can't get to them.

This, I just don't understand. I gave up. Either the game is too hard for me or I am not understanding how to play it. It's not fun and I'm not getting anywhere.

I'll go back to Plants v. Zombies, which is fun. It has a point, makes sense and is winnable/playable.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Bit Dungeon II: A review

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is a successful conclusion to issue one of our thread on sending you Steam. Join us next week and we'll send another!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Gee, if I knew it would be this easy I'd have started weeks ago!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I typed "Bit Dungeon II" into DuckDuckGo (SPOILERS: the reason the results are worse is that it's not constantly profiling you! You can probably use it by typing "d search-word" into a tab.) and what I got back was this: http://www.muchgames.com/games/bit-dungeon-2

I'm going to guess this game is closer to the truth than Paul's review. Seems something like Zelda, anyways.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

UPDATE: I am winning!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm and what I got back was this... I'm going to guess this game is closer to the truth than Paul's review.
This version, which is somewhat different from the app I installed, was actually more fun. Annd I still got killed. It is similar but not the same.