Dropping cable TV

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Dropping cable TV

Post by AArdvark »

So we're buying a Netflix account and going internet only after Thanksgiving. Nobody watches any of the crap and I can make my own playlists instead of the music channels. My wife says she will get over the lack of soap operas in her life. Spectrum is raising their cable rates. They could care less that we've been customers for the last twenty years.
I dont watch any television at all if I can help it. This BBS is about forty percent of mt total internet usage, if that tells you anything about my online life.

THE
SNIP!
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Re: Dropping cable TV

Post by Jizaboz »

I haven't had it for years and don't miss it at all.

I've got the mid-grade Netflix plan, Amazon prime, and digital antenna. Don't really watch much of anything, but I never run out of stuff to watch.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Or perhaps... cable tv is dropping you.

I've been without it for years, you don't miss it at all. Netflix has new shows, you can grab whatever else you want off Usenet. Hell, some shows are even available for streaming on their website these days. ESPN is mostly social stories now, so that aspect of TV is gone. You're gonna be fine and have hundreds of extra dollars.

Tdarcos doesn't have cable television and look at him. He's doing better than all of us.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I don't want to be like Tdarcos.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I wish Green Light would get out here so's I can have teh fiber. Prolly never happen in my lifetime, tho. I enjoy my PS3 and all the retro game emulators in the basement and that's good enough for me.

THE
GUESS PS3 IS
RETRO NOW
AARDVARK