Let's get Tdarcos some Steam games - a thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Let's get Tdarcos some Steam games - a thread

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:48 pm
pinback wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm That is not possible. The message he sent did not include the name of the game. You mentioned "bit dungeon". The only way you would have known that is if you'd activated the game.

Caught in a web of your own lies.
Jesus H. Fucking Christ on a crutch are you that thick? As I have explained before, I had tossed his message in the trash folder unread, mistaking it for routine and automated correspondence I get in e-mail all the time, which I routinely bulk discard unread, 5 or 10 messages in a group. When he mentioned the message and the date sent I was able to retrieve it from the trash, and at that point, activate it and discover the name of the game.
Here is what you originally wrote. Since it would require you to scroll up the page or have any sense of self-awareness, I know pasting it here is the only way you'll ever remember it:
Apparently I mistook the message sending a code for "bit dungeon" as spam
You cannot both have known it was "bit dungeon", and discarded it.

CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES. And that must be some sturdy web, given... well, you know.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You also haven't explained why you assumed something sent by your good friend for over a decade would be considered routine spam?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

You know what? Fuck it. If you're so stupid you can't understand simple English I can't deal with any of you. The thread can stop here and you can quit sending me any more games. I'm sick of this. and I'm tired of all of it. Or I'm on the razor's edge of doing so.

To quote Daft Punk in AutoTune sound, "One more time."

I had misread the message, probably mistaking it for the potentially dozens of pieces of uninteresting correspondence, that I get on a daily basis, and hit "delete" a little too aggressively. When Robb pointed out the date of the message he sent, I at that point found it in the trash folder, and used the code to activate the game, at which point I discovered the name of the game he sent me a code for, and at that point I wrote a note mentioning these facts.

Jesus H. Christ and people accuse me of autism! If I get any more accusations of dishonesty or bad faith, then this whole idea is over and like the Sharks on Shark Tank, "I'm Out."

I can take so much before I've had it and if Robb can punish me here in fits of pique because he disagreed with something I said, I can reciprocate.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

To reiterate, One More Time, I had misread the message header in the display of 45-50 message headers that come in that day, probably mistaking it for the potentially dozens of pieces of uninteresting correspondence, that I get on a daily basis, and hit "delete" a little too aggressively. When Robb pointed out the date of the message he sent, I at that point found it in the trash folder, read the actual content of that message, and used the code to activate the game, at which point I discovered the name of the game he sent me a code for, and at that point I wrote a note mentioning these facts.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

We understand your story. However, it is different from your original story, where you saw an email that mentioned "bit dungeon", and thought it was spam. Perhaps you worded the original story poorly. Perhaps the details were fuzzy at the time. Or perhaps, just maybe, you are...

CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES!!!!!!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Arguing on the internet...

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You keep focusing on the timeline of discovering the name of the game because that is the only part of your story you believe will stick while it also deflects from the elephant in the room here: why would you think something sent from Robb would be uninteresting correspondence or routine spam?
Tdarcos wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:16 amWhen Robb pointed out the date of the message he sent
What it sounds like to me is that once you discovered that you didn't like the game Robb sent you, that you decided to tdarcos him in an attempt to get out of writing about it because of how precious you perceive your time to be.

Also, that model you sent pinback looked like shit, an absolute eyesore that he sympathy implemented into his game.

Eat a dick.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Wow!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

In hindsight I think Aardvark is right in that I took that last post a little too far. Please disregard everything from that last post except for the part about you eating a dick, I still want you to eat a dick.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

And post a Youtube vido of it!

THE
TWELVE BILLION HITS
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 am Arguing on the internet...
That is most definitely NOT what is happening here, and if you think that, you've misunderstood this entire BBS.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes, the only times I have written Tdarcos recently has been in pursuit of one of the following:

1. I want to hire you to do something.
2. I want to give you something for free.
3. Are you still alive?

However, I accept that Tdarcos deleted -- without a reply -- my mail. That is behavior (DWR) that Ben and I have been trying to cultivate in all of you for two decades (checks watch) sure, two decades now.

I've never had negative consequences when engaged in a little DWR. So for that, Tdarcos, I salute you.

Saluut!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:51 am We understand your story. However, it is different from your original story, where you saw an email that mentioned "bit dungeon", and thought it was spam. Perhaps you worded the original story poorly. Perhaps the details were fuzzy at the time. Or perhaps, just maybe, you are...

CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES!!!!!!
You goddamn fucking son-of-a-bitch don't ever talk to me again. I have never once lied about this in any manner. This is not funny and you crossed the line once too often and just too far. I'm done with you and you are not to contact me again for any reason. For you to be so ridiculo0usly nasty on something trivial, I want absolutely nothing to do with you.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Any man who would post such a hurtful thing in such a gigantic font, well, I think the first thing people would think was that he had been...

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

How could this have gone so wrong? Was the answer to pay for games instead of free ones all along?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

It was doomed from the start.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Also, looking back at Paul's giant outburst about me being "ridiculously nasty", what are the chances he read Billy Mays' post and attributed his words to me? 100% 100000%? I've been nothing but a gentleman here.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am Also, looking back at Paul's giant outburst about me being "ridiculously nasty", what are the chances he read Billy Mays' post and attributed his words to me?
Paul quoted you directly in each one of his entirely unprovoked temper tantrums.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm saying, he quoted me, but he also thinks I wrote your posts. I can almost assure you that this is the case.

Paul, let's hear it! Is that the case? And if so, don't you think you owe me an apology?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

He hasn't even addressed my confusion in the matter yet. What I do is automatically classify an email as "not spam" if sent from a long time friend. It is so obvious I had assumed that even the most mentally damaged people use an identical system. He hasn't even touched upon that point in any of his responses which is why I believe his anger is directed almost entirely towards you.