Let's get Tdarcos some Steam games - a thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays

Re: Let's get Tdarcos some Steam games - a thread

Post by Billy Mays »

You've agreed to accept free games, but the other part of the arrangement is that you would play and then write about those games. I believe people are waiting to hear your response to that second part of the arrangement so that they don't get Tdarcosed really hard like Flack did with the jelly beans?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Aw shit, I don't know why I write things, the other e=mail address is rfc1394a@gmail.com . Seens like everie thyme I rite sumthing I mispel aht lease won werd.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I sent you a game to the account you use. The fact that you didn't get it is just Tdarcos things.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

What game did you send? Or is that a surprise?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Good question. Because Paul is wrong about everyting, I'll check and see what I sent him.

to: Paul Robinson <paul@paul-robinson.us>
date: Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:44 PM
subject: Steam game for Steam thread
mailed-by: gmail.com

Ah crap, I just included the code and not the name of the game. Paul. PAUL. Quit being wrong about everything, check your mail, confirm you got the above email and install the game and tell us what it is.

Was there any question that the act of sending a game for Steam was going to go terribly wrong on this forum?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 pm Good question. Because Paul is wrong about everyting, I'll check and see what I sent him.

to: Paul Robinson <paul@paul-robinson.us>
date: Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:44 PM
subject: Steam game for Steam thread
mailed-by: gmail.com

Ah crap, I just included the code and not the name of the game. Paul. PAUL. Quit being wrong about everything, check your mail, confirm you got the above email and install the game and tell us what it is.

Was there any question that the act of sending a game for Steam was going to go terribly wrong on this forum?
Apparently I mistook the message sending a code for "bit dungeon" as spam or some routine unimportant correspondence I delete unread (like my old bank e-mailing me daily account balances); giving me the date you sent it allowed me to find it it the trash.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

This is going really well.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

As expected.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:47 am Apparently I mistook the message sending a code for "bit dungeon" as spam or some routine unimportant correspondence I delete unread (like my old bank e-mailing me daily account balances); giving me the date you sent it allowed me to find it it the trash.
You... couldn't have known the name of the game until you put that code in Steam. I didn't include the name of the game in the email.

So, what I understand happened is this:

Knowing that I might send you a Steam code, and seeing an email with the headline, "Steam code for Steam game," you entered the key into Steam, saw that it was for 8-Bit Dungeon, mistook that for "routine unimportant correspondence" and then deleted the mail, forgot you had the game, and didn't put 2 and 2 together that it might have something to do with this thread.

Does that cover it?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Did the email really not have the game name?

Oh, please say it didn't have the game name. Then this is the funniest, most unbelievably autistic thing Paul has ever done.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It did not have the name of the game in it, no.

pinback

Post by pinback »

This is Paul's crowning anti-achievement.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

It looks like you got tdarcosed, Robb.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Great, he's a verb now.......

THE
ROLLING PAST PARTICIPLE
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:11 am
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:47 am Apparently I mistook the message sending a code for "bit dungeon" as spam or some routine unimportant correspondence I delete unread (like my old bank e-mailing me daily account balances); giving me the date you sent it allowed me to find it it the trash.
You... couldn't have known the name of the game until you put that code in Steam.
No, but by telling you the name it does show I activated the code. I have played it a few times, 2 or 3 I think and right now I'm too tired to write a full review but I will shortly.

The quick response is I am not impressed with this game and dislike it somewhat.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

Nobody cares about that anymore, now we want to know how you got an email from Robb Sherwin, with a free Steam key, activated the key, and then decided that the whole thing was spam.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I think the right thing to do now is just admit that you attempted to tdarcos Robb and ended up tripping over your own lie. I'm sure he'll forgive you and we can all go back to enjoying your well thought out reviews.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 am Nobody cares about that anymore, now we want to know how you got an email from Robb Sherwin, with a free Steam key, activated the key, and then decided that the whole thing was spam.
No, no, no, no, no. I had discarded the message in the trash mistaking it for stuff I don't read. Then,after Robb mentioned the date the message was sent, was I able to find the message with the code and activate it.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

That is not possible. The message he sent did not include the name of the game. You mentioned "bit dungeon". The only way you would have known that is if you'd activated the game.

Caught in a web of your own lies.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm That is not possible. The message he sent did not include the name of the game. You mentioned "bit dungeon". The only way you would have known that is if you'd activated the game.

Caught in a web of your own lies.
Jesus H. Fucking Christ on a crutch are you that thick? As I have explained before, I had tossed his message in the trash folder unread, mistaking it for routine and automated correspondence I get in e-mail all the time, which I routinely bulk discard unread, 5 or 10 messages in a group. When he mentioned the message and the date sent I was able to retrieve it from the trash, and at that point, activate it and discover the name of the game.

Did anyone else understand that this was exactly what I did? I thought I made it clear: the message was accidentally discarded unread and when informed what it was I retrieved it at that time. There was no deception, and you need to stop presuming zebras when hearing hoofbeats.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak