Things What I Don't Like About The New BBS.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: Things What I Don't Like About The New BBS.

Post by Tdarcos »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:40 am UTC is what computers run on. Sorry you're (still) a complete retard, but now we now you also can't do simple math!
Tsk, tsk, tsk. That was uncalled for. I sometimes have disagreements with other people, and I never resort to namecalling. I think you can do better than that.
Billy Mays wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:05 pm But as it turns out you are the retard here!
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You can do better than that! Stooping to personal insults just because someone else did makes you look petty. It would also have given you the moral high ground if you had resisted getting into the mud with him.

UTC is EST+5 or EDT+4 during daylight savings, but I'm not sure where you're getting UTC from, this BBS shows timestamps as CST, EST-1 or UTC-6 (at least, that's what I see.) It's 5:57 PM on the east coast, posting time stamp for this message says 4:57.

If you're getting UTC for postings, you should be able to change this. (1) Click on the dropdown in the upper right corner of the page. (2) Click on "User Control Panel". (3) Click on "board preferences". (4) Scroll down to "My timezone". (5) Change that dropdown from UTC to UTC-5 for Eastern, UTC-6 for central, UTC-7 for Mountain, UTC-8 Pacific, do the same for the drop down following it, then click "Save" at the bottom.

Of course, the time stamp feature could, like the search function, be yet another part of this BBS that's borken.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

What the fuck doesn't anyone get around here? This isn't the "people helping people" thread, this is the people bitching and complaining and hurling insults at ICJ thread!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tsk tsk tsk, Billy.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Also, sysops, why does it require me to re-login when i switch from garbage mobile view to desktop?

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Because you touch yourself at night.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11692&p=112513#p112513
"The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum."

Intended or no?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Ok, one sec, just got home. Gotta take my sneaks off and get onto the desktop computer and I'll address all these concerns!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I have a notification informing me of a private message but I have no private message listed in my mailbox. Something's not right here.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I get an "invalid" error message when trying to delete the PMs I am able to see.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 pm I have a notification informing me of a private message but I have no private message listed in my mailbox. Something's not right here.
No "new" private message.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I don't like how the admin is shadowbanning users here.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 pm I don't like how this thread isn't pinned.
I'm not going to pin this thread. I hate pinned threads. The ACK guys had like 12 threads pinned, you can't make sense of anything and you guys have had obviously no problem finding it and adding to it. What I will do is address issues starting now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:11 pm There's been a lot of good polls popping up around here recently and it made me wonder why isn't that mandatory to starting a new thread? I think if you want to start a new thread then you should be forced to create a poll that goes along with it.
This is a good idea but I am not going to make it mandatory. Thank you for the suggestion.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am Did the format of this BBS change slightly? On both my phone and desktop, it seems... "wider". Like the margins on either side were reduced.
I still have no idea why it suddenly effed itself. So that was nice. phpBB3 as a project is probably as good a project as something open source and unpaid can go but when something happens like it did the other day you are truly on your own.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:06 pm ICJ, when not logged in the forum only shows a few of the wonderful thread bases (again, this happened last time too).

Aren't you concerned that it will affect the new member acquisition rate if we hide our best shit? Think about what that will do to the valuation and exit strategy.
I am not concerned with that, no.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:40 am In view of the fact this site has a valid HTTPS certificate the login page should be forced to HTTPS so login credentials are not exposed in the clear.

Not a big deal, but still, you never can tell how many thousands of spammers might want to steal login credentials to post lucrative advertising, making others think the ads were approved by the poster. Or worse, that they were getting paid for them. That might make them look hypocritical.
Spammers don't have the ability to steal login credentials, but yes, it is incredibly frustrating that all the .htaccess work I did makes it so you aren't forced to use https for login. Drives me crazy.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 am What the fuck is UTC time? Nobody here should be forced to do the math or figure that shit out. This is a goddamn outrage!
If you got set to UTC time, then that was due to the upgrade to 3.3.0 that I did when we had the mystery problem the other day. In your profile you should be allowed to change it to whatever time zone you want. If it's not sticking once you do that, or if you can't find where to do it, please let me know.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:17 pm Also, sysops, why does it require me to re-login when i switch from garbage mobile view to desktop?
I really don't know why it's doing that - you are saying that you are clicking on the "Desktop View" on your phone's browser?

I'd say - see if there are some other themes that you might like. Let me know if there are or aren't any. We joke around but I want this to be a good experience for people on a day to day basis.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 pm I have a notification informing me of a private message but I have no private message listed in my mailbox. Something's not right here.
I am seeing the same thing. I also see the error where I can't delete private messages. This is new with 3.3.0 and you can imagine how wonderful the experience is getting support. Will update on this, but this is duplicated by me. I sent you a private message right now to see if that "resets" anything.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I have had no issue receiving PMs lately, and then angrily replying to and deleting them.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.