Solar Settlers

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Solar Settlers

Post by pinback »

Here is a great game, and my new obsession:

Not much to look at, but for what it essentially a card game that takes 15 minutes to play, it is astonishingly deep, fun, and addictive as fuck. I bought it on Friday and I already have 16 hours in it, which is more than I have in most of the games in my Steam library, and still feel like I'm just getting started. I've been streaming it in the morning, at http://twitch.tv/pinback99, if you want to get a sneak peek at it before you buy it.

But buy it. For me, it is 2017's Tharsis. The quiet little indie game which took over my life.
Last edited by pinback on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Eeeeugh. Graphic didn't display. Lemme see if I can find a better screenshot. Then I'll go and edit into your post.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

OK, pal, how's this?

Is this representative of the graphics and the gameplay experience, in your opinion? It looks great!
Last edited by Ice Cream Jonsey on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Whoa, that's a big image! OK, what would you say is the "magic" of Solar Settlers? And second question, please. What percentage (%) of the game is the solar, versus the settlers?

Third question. When it comes to bulletin boards, do you believe you've "settled"?

Tdarcos

Re: Solar Settlers

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Here is ... my new obsession:... it is astonishingly deep, fun, and addictive as fuck. I bought it on Friday and I already have 16 hours in it... I've been streaming it in the morning ... buy it.
Sounds like the typical hyperbole he uses every time he discovers a new hot sauce.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

ICJ: Yes, that image is very representative of the graphics and gameplay! Though that is a very old screenshot (version 0.01!) it is essentially the very same thing that you'd see while playing the game today in its final form. Though a static screenshot doesn't show "gameplay" very well, you can see that it is a game of fiddling with cards on the bottom row, figuring out where to place them on the map, and then moving those little green dudes around, putting them to work. Intoxicating! And I don't intoxicate easily!

I feel I HAVE settled on this BBS, like silt and sewage settling at the bottom of a great lake.

Tdarcos: I can certainly see how it might seem that way, but I've spent about 20 hours with this game just since its release last Friday, and that never happens, and certainly not with a hot sauce.

Thank you for your questions! Come join the Pinback Show, starting LIVE in exactly five minutes, to see more! http://twitch.tv/pinback99
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.