Games I Don't Remember

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Games I Don't Remember

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Icewind Dale 2. I was seriously surprised to read that there was a sequel. I played the first one. Meditated on it. Couldn't get enough of it. I ... must own the sequel, right? There's 500 CDs downstairs, so I will check and put an end to this, but I could not say anything about it.

Denizens, what games existed that you played that you don't remember?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomp

Post by RetroRomp »

Galaxian - I wrote an entire end of term paper on it and even scored free shots from getting a high score, but I can't remember anything about the actual game itself.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Games I Don't Remember
Sadly, I'd put almost every text adventure I played in the 1980s in this category. Infocom, Mindscape... I know I played them all back in the day, or at least tried do, but I can't seem to remember a single detail from any of them.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. They blur together. I remember buying a cheat code book at Blockbuster. I had more fun with the games after I put on god mode but certainly don't remember beating the end bosses or anything before that.

THE
EMPTY VIDEO
CALORIES
AARDVARK

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Isn't this more like "game I didn't know existed?"

Flack

Post by Flack »

RealNC wrote:Isn't this more like "game I didn't know existed?"
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Denizens, what games existed that you played that you don't remember?

ICJ Dying Inside

Post by ICJ Dying Inside »

What? no menory of underground reervoir or small shed in a field? Zork started this windmill tilt of a hobby

pinback

Post by pinback »

?!!?!?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RealNC wrote:Isn't this more like "game I didn't know existed?"
I feel that this is the correct interpretation of the topic until Robb is able to get back to us with confirmation that he has played Icewind Dale 2.

I didn't know that TES:Redguard existed until recently. I played the heck out of every game in the franchise since Daggerfall launched, I played a good bit of Arena, and I knew about Battlespire, but I didn't realize that Redguard was a game.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Dark Savior for Sega Saturn.

I rented it and I THINK nearly beat it right after wisdom tooth removal surgery. Lots of meprozine (heavy duty painkiller) involved.

Flack

Post by Flack »

ICJ Dying Inside wrote:What? no menory of underground reervoir or small shed in a field? Zork started this windmill tilt of a hobby
I mean... I vaguely remember Zork and a few of the others... but when I look down the complete list of Infocom games, one part of my says I must have tried them all while another part can't even remember the basic plot.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Jizaboz wrote:Dark Savior for Sega Saturn.

I rented it and I THINK nearly beat it right after wisdom tooth removal surgery. Lots of meprozine (heavy duty painkiller) involved.
To be fair, I only remember Dark Savior because if you stuck the CD in a music player, it'd read off fables from the game to you.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Infocom

Post by Infocom »

Flack wrote:can't even remember the basic plot.
there was no plot, just take out your paper and pen and draw the map so you can finish it already.

bruce

Post by bruce »

Embarassingly I had forgotten when I named our current beloved old cancerous dog[0] "Argus" that he had been the antagonist in _Mentula Macanus: Apocolocyntosis_.

Bruce

[0] At the time he wasn't cancerous, was middle-aged, and came to us from the shelter named "Duke."

Billy Mays

Re: Games I Don't Remember

Post by Billy Mays »

D.W. Bradley's Wizards and Warriors is a game I never knew existed until I saw it come up for sale on gog.com a couple weeks ago. I purchased it just out of respect for the man himself, haven't played it yet but it looks like a lot of fun.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Well that’s confusing because the only wizards and warriors I know of was on NES but vaguely recall this other thing that called itself the same thing. It’s a lot more recent?

Also, I forgot about this topic and would like to add Dragon Age II. Basically all I remember is stabbing people in fmv decisions that pissed me off without fearing the results and saying “have at you!” when initiating combat. Everything else is a blur.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I played Polybus a few times until they suddenly removed them just weeks after they were installed.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:57 pmIt’s a lot more recent?
Yes, it came out in 2000. Bradley left Sir-Tech after Wizardry 7 and founded Heuristic Park with Wizards and Warriors being his most successful project. A bunch of dumb shits on gog complained about some problems but I ignored them because I don't have time to listen to casuals who can't appreciate this: