Robb's Boggit posts on the front page are heartwrenching.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Paul Robinson

Re: Robb's Boggit posts on the front page are heartwrenching.

Post by Paul Robinson »

pinback wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am That's great. Meanwhile shelters are overflowing with unwanted, often sick kittens because of this shit. There is absolutely zero justification for not spaying/neutering.
Ben, you need to understand something. Women know what is like to go through childbirth and have the tenacity to understand unwanted breeding is a bad idea. Since choosing to have your tubes tied (as a temporary measure) or cut (as a permanent one) is something reasonable they can consider once they've decided they want no more children (or don't want any) it doesn't bother a woman.

On the other hand, the only method of neutering a male cat or dog is, of course, castration, this creates a great deal of anxiety in the male owner, who unfortunately emphasizes with the animal a little too much, and thinks how he'd feel with his balls cut off. (They don't do vasectomies for animals.)

In order to understand how most men see this, here's a great short showing a new (1995) tool from Stone Manufacturing, the Henderson Equine Castrating Instrument to neuter horses. Inject the balls with anestetic, slit the scrotum, Clamp the Instrument to the ball sac, insert the end into a cordless variable speed drill, and twist slowly about 25 turns until the cord fractures and the testicle separates, then repeat for the other testicle. I thought it's a great educational video, and likely to scare the shit out of a lot of men.

While there is time
Let's go out and feel everything!
- Steve Winwood, The Finer Things

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Paul Robinson wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pmBen, you need to understand something. Women know what is like to go through childbirth and have the tenacity to understand unwanted breeding is a bad idea. Since choosing to have your tubes tied (as a temporary measure) or cut (as a permanent one) is something reasonable they can consider once they've decided they want no more children (or don't want any) it doesn't bother a woman.

On the other hand, the only method of neutering a male cat or dog is, of course, castration, this creates a great deal of anxiety in the male owner, who unfortunately emphasizes with the animal a little too much, and thinks how he'd feel with his balls cut off. (They don't do vasectomies for animals.)

In order to understand how most men see this. . .
You're saying a cat or dog deserves self determination about reproductive rights? the only pets that shouldn't be fixed are pure breeds that will command a premium that makes sure they won't be thrown away. Intact male cats piss everywhere and try to escape all the time - they will contribute to the pet overpopulation problem. Libertarian or reproductive rights ideas have no place in a discussion about pet fixin.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Wow, this went from sad to dark faster than daylight savings time in an asylum. Didn't Dave Barry feature plastic fake dog testicles in one of his Christmas gift columns in the Miami Herald. The owners can have them put in the neutered pet for that uncut look.

THE
WHATEVER FLO

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Stupis android interface

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm
Paul Robinson wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pmBen, you need to understand something. Women know what is like to go through childbirth and have the tenacity to understand unwanted breeding is a bad idea. Since choosing to have your tubes tied (as a temporary measure) or cut (as a permanent one) is something reasonable they can consider once they've decided they want no more children (or don't want any) it doesn't bother a woman.

In order to understand how most men see this. . .
You're saying a cat or dog deserves self determination about reproductive rights?
Nope, you apparently never read what I said. Since women's sterilization is a reasonable idea when a woman decides she no longer wants to have kids and doesn't want to continue using contraceptives, the idea doesn't bother them and having a dog or cat spayed or neutered isn't a problem.

When the dog or cat's owner is a man, the idea of what has to be done, especially for male dogs, often triggers the owner's subconscious fear of castration of themselves. Thus a lot of men are reticent to having their (male) pet neutered.

The dog or cat doesn't care. They go under anesthesia and simply wake up either no longer capable of pushing out new litters, or having no interest in rutting and a reduced level of testosterone.
While there is time
Let's go out and feel everything!
- Steve Winwood, The Finer Things

pinback

Post by pinback »

In both cases, you're assuming people are projecting their shit onto their pets. Which I just said, don't do that. That's all that needs to be said here.

FIX YOUR FUCKING CATS YOU FUCKERS. End of thread.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'd like my cat to not be missing parts. I paid for a whole cat, not for a mostly-cat.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard, and Paul posts here regularly.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ben, you have dogs, do you project your subconscious personal fear of castration onto your dogs?

THE
CARL JUNG
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

No. No I don't. I behave like a responsible adult pet own and fix the fucking animals as soon as we get them.

FIX YOUR FUCKING ANIMALS.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Cut my nuts fucker

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

A ha ha haaa haa

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It was six months ago. It's still the worst thing that's ever happened to me, except for the direction this thread took.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!