Diablo 2

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Diablo 2

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I downloaded Diablo 2 and tried to play it tonight.

It did not hold up well.

A lot of games from 2000 - 2003 look like shit and not in the way I am prepared to forgive. What a terrible era for games. KOTOR is another one that looks so bad I can't deal with it.

I guess it played well? Diablo 2, I mean. And did anyone here get Diablo 3?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I got Diablo 3, after it had been out quite a while.

I thought it was fine, but after clickity-clacking through Torchlights 1 and 2 for hours and hours, I think I was done with the "clickety-clack RPG" genre.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There's something about Torchlight's art direction that bugs me. It's me, not them. I am the bad guy.

Diablo 3 was only $19.99 so I bought it. I tried to add friends over Blizzard's Add Friends system. It failed for everyone but you and David Fillmore. Error 3. I got Error 3, pinback.

I'm out of complaints, so I can't register that, but I didn't care for it!![/list]
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I never played any of them on the PC. I had the first Diablo game on the PlayStation. Jeff liked it, so when he came over, we used to play it. Somehow I ended up with a boxed copy of Diablo II ("Exclusive Gift Set") which is still sitting, unopened, on a shelf right next to me. Maybe this thread will convince me to open it.

(Spoiler: it will not.)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I remember trying Diablo 1 when it was new. Played for about an hour, didn't like it. When Diablo 2 came out, same thing happened. Played for about an hour, never touched it again.

Not sure what it is about the genre that I don't like. I think it might the constant clicking that makes the game feel... cheap? Maybe it's because I was expecting something else, like a normal RPG but what I got was more like an arcade beat-em-up presented in an RPG wrapper.

Anyway, the concept never really clicked with me.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Anyone ever get the Hellfire expansion for Diablo I and open the four quests that didn't make it on the official game?

Moo Moo Moo

My mom loves the Diablo franchise. I think it's because it is just a mindless click fest. She played each of the characters in Diablo 2 through all of the difficulty levels. My carpal tunel hurts just thinking about it.

THE
MOO MOO MOO
AARDVARK

[youtube][/youtube][/youtube]