Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Text Adventures / General Discussion / Video Games. 2018 Update - after registering, the best way to get approved is to post as a guest in Orc's Head.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 pm

I have been paying Tdarcos $20 the last couple months (with another payment coming on the 15th) to post on the other website I maintain, caltrops.com. It has been a raging success. Worm has even asked that the site be deleted, that is how HOT things are over there.

It all stemmed from Paul doing a great job getting the conversation flowing.

Three cheers for Commander Tansin A. Darcos!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
RealNC
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by RealNC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Should you be posting this publicly? I mean, someone from over there might find the place over here...

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am

It's great that you're paying Paul to be a content creator on your other website but then why are you placing restrictions and constantly banning him here? Do you have something against this place or us? Was pinback right again? This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, shame on you.

Casual Observer
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Maybe ICJ could pay all the trumpster assholes on caltrops to leave so it can go back to being a bearable place to read about games and prostitutes.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 pm

I feel that limiting political opinions to one side is the wrong way to go. Have you seen leftist sites that drove out all the Republicans? The Straight Dope Message Board, Something Awful Forums, Metafilter? They are absolute shitholes. I will never run a place where I intend to drive people off because of political leaning, my friend.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 pm
I feel that limiting political opinions to one side is the wrong way to go. Have you seen leftist sites that drove out all the Republicans? The Straight Dope Message Board, Something Awful Forums, Metafilter? They are absolute shitholes. I will never run a place where I intend to drive people off because of political leaning, my friend.
That's fair, just saying maybe you want to rename caltrops to something more accurate like dilbert blog.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am

The problem here is you, CO. You shoehorn politics into everything.

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Jizaboz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Yeah as someone who didn’t even vote for Trump, it’s like a broken record. It’s not even as entertaining as one from the 1950s of Hawaiian organ music constantly skipping from all the pits in it.

CO do you not remember Obama being blamed for everything? Do you not see this as a repeat of the same bullshit you made fun of them for at least to some extent? Maybe give it a rest, man.

Casual Observer
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Jizaboz wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm
CO do you not remember Obama being blamed for everything? Do you not see this as a repeat of the same bullshit you made fun of them for at least to some extent? Maybe give it a rest, man.
it's actually the opposite, he was competent and ethical but I'm not trying to argue with people who don't care about facts.

I'm just mentioning to ICJ that Caltrops used to be quirky and intellectual but now it seems to be just a bunch of trump fanboys ganging up on Worn. These people infest certain websites or threads and it's a repeat lies to each other circle jerk from then on.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Jizaboz wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm
CO do you not remember Obama being blamed for everything? Do you not see this as a repeat of the same bullshit you made fun of them for at least to some extent? Maybe give it a rest, man.
it's actually the opposite, he was competent and ethical but I'm not trying to argue with people who don't care about facts.

I'm just mentioning to ICJ that Caltrops used to be quirky and intellectual but now it seems to be just a bunch of trump fanboys ganging up on Worn. These people infest certain websites or threads and it's a repeat lies to each other circle jerk from then on.
Nobody has ever let me down like the posters on Caltrops did.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 pm
I feel that limiting political opinions to one side is the wrong way to go. Have you seen leftist sites that drove out all the Republicans? The Straight Dope Message Board, Something Awful Forums, Metafilter? They are absolute shitholes. I will never run a place where I intend to drive people off because of political leaning, my friend.
That's fair, just saying maybe you want to rename caltrops to something more accurate like dilbert blog.
Scott Adams is extremely middle of the road.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 pm
Scott Adams is extremely middle of the road.
maybe, but of what his Trump support has done to his blog, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 12742
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by pinback » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 am

Being "middle of the road" in these times is unacceptable, as it implies you are partly sympathetic and in agreement with a treasonous crime syndicate using racism and nationalism to drum up support for its leader, the most vile, despicable human on the face of the planet, and who threatens to destroy any and all of what you say you hold dear.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Jizaboz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am

pinback wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 am
Being "middle of the road" in these times is unacceptable, as it implies you are partly sympathetic and in agreement with a treasonous crime syndicate using racism and nationalism to drum up support for its leader, the most vile, despicable human on the face of the planet, and who threatens to destroy any and all of what you say you hold dear.
ROFL You got it, brother! This is spot on! Stupendous!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:01 am

Isn't there a political base on this forum? I blame AArdvark for allowing this to get so far out of hand. Shame on you.

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 6956
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by AArdvark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:39 pm

My cat's name is Toonses. What more do you want?

I think the Left and the Right are each more correct than the other.

THE
THIS IS NOT HERE
AARDVARK

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 4916
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:47 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:39 pm
My cat's name is Toonses. What more do you want?
As I said before, keep him away from your car!
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 4916
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 pm
I have been paying Tdarcos $20 the last couple months (with another payment coming on the 15th) to post on the other website I maintain, caltrops.com. It has been a raging success. Worm has even asked that the site be deleted, that is how HOT things are over there.

It all stemmed from Paul doing a great job getting the conversation flowing.

Three cheers for Commander Tansin A. Darcos!
I'll note a couple of things. I didn't say anything to anyone about the payments because of FTC regulations over "sponsored content." When one releases a particular piece of content based on someone paying for that particular subject, that's considered "sponsored content," and you're supposed to indicate it was paid for.

However, payment to do articles or other material without regard to the subject matter are not considered "sponsored content," and do not require it be identified as paid for. That is the status of what I posted. In a few cases I posted items that disagreed with my own opinions to see what others thought.

This is why - plus the fact everybody wanted their name listed as sponsors - when I did the crepe video I identified it as being sponsored by my three friends.

This makes the writing or videos I do in full compliance with FTC regulations. Those rules are mainly to make sure if one releases a paid advertisement it is distinguishable from "ordinary" content.

The last time Jonsey paid me to post articles to Caltrops one of the other cretinous reprobates there posted some messages in an utterly hilarious "expose" style as if we were doing something tawdry.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 6956
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by AArdvark » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:53 am

Whew, glad the FTC is cool with you

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Let's thank Tdarcos for a job well done

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:10 am

Yeah, last thing I need is the FTC on my ass because I gave a disabled man $60 to post on a web forum.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post Reply