FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Hugo on Mac

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Hugo on Mac Reply with quote

Installed the Mac version from Robb's Bitbucket. This appears to install the console versions of the engine, etc. Last time I used Hugo it was on Windows with the nice GUI. Is that replicable with either heglk or hewx? If so, how?

Is it recommended to use Roodylib over the standard Hugo library these days? Does Roodylib address any of the open issues on Kent's trac?

Are there any updates on Kent's plans for Hugo? Letting it go gracefully into that good night, open sourcing the code, updating it?

As I told Robb earlier, I've been hanging around the margins of Hugo for over 14 (hugonomicon was registered at sourceforge on 9-15-01 (!!)) years now, every year promising myself that *this* would be the year I actually built something with it.

*THIS* will be the year!
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mac GUI for the engine is best represented by a new program called Hugor. It's pretty slick and developed by Nikos (who posts as RealNC here).

http://ifwiki.org/index.php/Hugor

That should give you the engine that I think you're looking for. :)

Hugor works on Windows, Mac and Linux machines and it's what I am going to start packaging my games with.
Roody_Yogurt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roodylib requires the official Hugo library, replacing everything that is updated, and yeah, it does solve some of the things mentioned in the TRAC.

I'll have a new version up soon and put links here with all of the places to get it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum