FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

official unofficial IFcomp thread

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lysander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: official unofficial IFcomp thread Reply with quote

Hey, all. How're the kids? Oh? Well I'm sure they've got somethign that can fix that. Now.

I'm posting this here rather than the adventurer's guild because it seems like all the IF people check here more than there.

Here's my thought. People love talking about the IF games, but oyu can't tlak about games that no one's already played. So, my thought is that we could just post a list of games we've lready played and go back and edit them when we've played new games, that way people who have played the same games know who to and not to talk to about them--off hte board, obviously.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Burning napalm?
Merk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to talk (in private, definitely) about the games I've completed. So far, I haven't even started. I'll be playing the first (hopefully) later this afternoon. I'm not sure if it's okay by the rules that I even list the ones I've played, though. The rules say not to discuss the games in a public forum, and I don't know if just mentioning them by-name counts. I'm going to check with Stephen G.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can definitely setup a private forum and then make it public after the comp is over. In fact, I'll do just that and add the usual suspects to the list. If someone doesn't want access who normally comes to this base, I'll pull 'em out.

-- Robb
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, tomorrow I will set this up. This means we can't talk about Distress, because Merk is going to be involved, but other than that, we're good.
Merk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I welcome comments in email, though!!

In the private discussion board, I'd recommend leaving any comments or opinions out of the message subject -- maybe just the game name. :) I've only played one game so far, and I'd hate to stumble on message subjects that spoil or offer opinions. :)

In fact, I wonder if it'd be best for me to opt out anyway? As long as the board is made public afterwards, and I can see all the discussion then, that's enough for me. I'm not sure how quickly I'm going to get through them, anyway. Or else, maybe when I'm finished, and if the contest isn't over, I could get access then?
Merk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official word is that I'd be too close to the line, so I'm going to opt out. :)
Lysander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll just pretend that base got unlocked for me, spend the rest of hte night making pretend posts in the thing. Yeah. Fuck I need a drink.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Merk... do you have a zipfile with just Distress? I am at work and can't grab the whole IF Comp thing due to bandwidth concerns... is there an archive with just that in it?
Merk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, although I'd have to upload it to my server. You can also get it from the competition just by grabbing the .HEX file:

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXgamesXcompetition2005XhugoXdistress.html

I didn't see the request until late in the day, so it's probably too late now. Sorry 'bout that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum