FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Hey Robb!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Scott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost track.
Vitriola

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

co wrote:
I bet that was pinback, ICJ needs to check the IP.

I've been trying to figure out myself who it is.

Reasons it can't be Pinback - uses the word 'you' too much. Pinback never writes about 'you', he always writes about...'me'.

Reasons it can't be Worm - Not enough blood piss shit shoved up your torn rectum by that turbodong zebra who raped your brother while he was still in your mother's womb you putrid little queefstench.

Reasons it can't be ICJ - Defends himself too much; ICJ would tell Jeff to cram it up his exhaust pipe and make up a reason why Jeff was wrong involving the Jewish mob, a couple astronomical puns, a video game example and having no discernable moral or point until the third sports announcer reference and a link to Wikipedia.

Reasons it can't be Roody - Well he was going to post something but then he went out with his brother to do some karaokeing and ended up moving his sister's college memorabilia into his grandparents basement while his cousin took apart his 3 computers and switched out all the parts and sold some to his uncle and he figured after all that and a couple doobs it wouldn't be all that funny anyway.

Reasons why it can't be anyone else - Hates Worm.
AArdvark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I daresay V has the guests here pegged to a T.

Quote:
a video game example and having no discernable moral or point

Made me laugh out loud!

THE
SIDE SPLITTING
AARDVARK
Lex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Scott wrote:
I've lost track.

That's okay, we're still buying it.

I first met ICJ on Groucho, JQW's BBS, because I played Chicks Dig Jerks when I was 15 and it was great. An interactive novella with naughty bits in it. In truth this only happened because Robb here was the only guy with the courtesy to render an executeable -- my first modern text adventure was "chix.exe". Granted, there were a few others, but you can understand why I chose that one first.

JQW can be a great guy, and would be willing to help you out in real life in any way, provided you're him.

JQW was nice enough there, in a not-much-"netiquette" kind of way. But it's been a long enough time for me to agree with the statements that, if he knows about something, he has to be right, and if he doesn't know about something it should be ridiculed and have his faeces thrown at it. That's just the way he is. It's never really been a problem, because hey, it's the Internet and people who put themselves up on the world stage should expect a few tomatoes, but in this instant he's just being retarded. This man has a ridiculous $$$ DVD library, but because you had the gaul to prove yourself an authority on something and release a piece of work dedicated to a subject you personally find fascinating, and wish to sell to people who will personally find is fascinating, you are a terrible Capitalist monster and we're all consumer-whores.

I'd hate to see JQW try to become a Magician. I have a book behind me -- Luke Jermay's Building Blocks. It costs $90 and teaches applied suggestion technique to people who are interested enough to pay that price. The book in question is 161 pages thick.

I also have an 800 page book.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lex wrote:
I also have an 800 page book.
Be honest, that's harry putter, right?
Worm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vitriola wrote:
Reasons it can't be Worm - Not enough blood piss shit shoved up your torn rectum by that turbodong zebra who raped your brother while he was still in your mother's womb you putrid little queefstench.

MY HONOR!
be happy decided to not post the google image results for vivisection

Quote:
Reasons why it can't be anyone else - Hates Worm.

Does this mean that the "You suck cock fairy" hates me or doesn't? I bet it's a caltrooper.
Vitriola

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm wrote:
Does this mean that the "You suck cock fairy" hates me or doesn't? I bet it's a caltrooper.

Oh no, my money's on you, but you were probably running late for something and weren't really in the zone, per se.

Although Lysander's been questionably hilarious recently.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two quick takes on the first episode (which is out of order -- I saw the one about SysOps first)

1) The automatic subtitles for the deaf girl was very much appreciated -- let's be honest, we would have all been scrambling for the remote if they weren't there.

2) The true hero of the story was the crazy guy with glasses who shouted out, "FREEEE GAAAAAAAMESSSSS!!!!" That needs to be an animated GIF very badly.

It's very fun and well-done. I'll still put an extended review up, but I wanted to take a break form the Cinnamon Roll Holocaust posts to state that this was great.
Lysander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By which you mean I'm funnyest when I'm not actually around. Harr harr. Anyway, I categorically deny everything. Including that I am in fact Lysander.
JQW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I do have an interest in leaning magic tricks. And juggling. Which I've actually been working on a little bit lately. But not enough to try to become an actual magician. But The Amazing Randi, Harry Houdini, and Penn & Teller are high on my list of Really Cool People. I have a couple basic magic books but nothing fancy, high price being a reason why. Hell, I haven't been able to justify the bucks for one of those Tales From the Crypt box sets (the books, not the TV show), and that comes before magic books at this point. To be fair, from the title Lex mentions, that's a book on mentalism and maybe cold reading as opposed to magic, which I define more as actual illusions.

I dunno what you folks want. I admitted (and it's clear from my first post) that my rage stems from my - admittedly incorrect - belief that this was a single-disc release. I also stated that $40 for the three-disc is probably about fair.

I also stated that I wasn't interested, not because I know everything, but because I know what I want to know (as I was there and am not interested in nostalgia for nostalgia's sake) and I'm not interested in what I don't. Fuck the Apple, Commodore, PC, etc, BBSs. Fuck FidoNet. I don't care.

I'm holding out hope for the 8-Track Documentary Decalogy Edition - 10 DVDs chock full of info about that long lost music storage medium!
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also stated that I wasn't interested, not because I know everything, but because I know what I want to know (as I was there and am not interested in nostalgia for nostalgia's sake) and I'm not interested in what I don't. Fuck the Apple, Commodore, PC, etc, BBSs. Fuck FidoNet. I don't care.

BULLSHIT. You bought that series of DVDs that came in the lunch pail that were at one time former FILM STRIPS. What a load of horseshit... "I'm not interested in nostalgia for nostalgia's sake." OH, OKAY. You got the film strip crap because of the CONTENT.

Your desperate attempts to spin it (at the time) were hilarious as well. You did it with all the gusto of a guy who suddenly realized that he spent a lot of dough on something his buddies were going to ridicule him for. "But... but, Clorinda was liking it!!" you said back then. Yeah, right. It was your second most preposterous statement of the new century, right after stating how you would do well in Fantasy Football just because it all boiled down to looking at spreadsheets.

Quote:
I'm holding out hope for the 8-Track Documentary Decalogy Edition - 10 DVDs chock full of info about that long lost music storage medium!

I love how you're ON a BBS talking about how obsolete the BBS is by comparing it to the 8-track. I hope this gem isn't lost on anybody else.
Lex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just impressed he knows Jermay.
Jason Scott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.8trackheaven.com/doc.html

"So Wrong They're Right is a 92-minute documentary encapsulating a 10,000-mile journey around the U.S. in search of a group of 8-track fanatics, or "trackers." The film follows the travels of Russ Forster and fellow 8-track enthusiast Dan Sutherland in search of other 8-track minds. The result is over 20 interviews which delve into reminiscences, rants, political diatribes, fantasies, fix-it tips, sales pitches and everything else defining the skeptical yet inquisitive mind of the '90s 8-track enthusiast. It's not a film about nostalgia, as some might suggest; it serves as a statement of outrage from a population of consumers who are tired of being told what to consume."
Cena

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, just because you've been such a class act (and, I want to see it) I ordered the docu. Really looking forward to 'Get Lamp' as well.

Perhaps ROBB will do some Hugo pimpin when he's interviewed.

aka Hugella
The Bite Me Jethro Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I bought this mostly to piss Jethro off.

But, goddamn.

I keep finding myself thinking I'm about to cry. The guy who shamefacedly said, "Yeah, I even got laid a couple of times because of the BBS?" I have been that guy. And I have the same goddamn expression on my face that he does. I mean, yeah, sorta embarrassed, because it's pretty dorky, but, hey, I DID get laid. Like picking up chicks at SF conventions, come to think of it.

The discussion in the first chapter about how people got so attached to their 8-bits of choice, and found it necessary to go completely berserk on enthusiasts of other architectures? Jethro, they're talking about you.

I got to thinking about the progression of modems I have owned. 300 baud Hayes Micromodem II. 2400 bps Zoom. 14.4 kbps somethingorother, and then successions of fast boring modems.

Thank you, Jason. I'm only a little way into the Sysops chapter, and, damn, this is wonderful. Just wonderful.

And thank you, Jethro, for being such an utter dickhead that I actually bought this. Because it's such a goddamn joy to watch.

The Bite Me Jethro Fairy
JQW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonsey, regarding the filmstrips, that wasn't nostalgia as I haven't even SEEN those things before. The only filmstrips that I specifically remember are "Free to be you and me" and "Sneakers", and they ain't there. The stuff on the set is more comedy. OK, not for all tastes. Often not for mine (I don't have the rest of the series) but occasionally they're quite amusing and I'm admittedly a total sucker for cool packaging. (He says as he prepares to order the "Book of the Dead" Evil Dead 2 DVD to go along with the limited-edition tin DVD that he already has.)

While you're into ridiculous things, you (Jonsey) might also enjoy a movie called "Blister".
JQW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonsey, regarding the filmstrips, that wasn't nostalgia as I haven't even SEEN those things before. The only filmstrips that I specifically remember are "Free to be you and me" and "Sneakers", and they ain't there. The stuff on the set is more comedy. OK, not for all tastes. Often not for mine (I don't have the rest of the series) but occasionally they're quite amusing and I'm admittedly a total sucker for cool packaging. (He says as he prepares to order the "Book of the Dead" Evil Dead 2 DVD to go along with the limited-edition tin DVD that he already has.)

While you're into ridiculous things, you (Jonsey) might also enjoy a movie called "Blister".
POS zombiehosting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, that was a double-post as I got a server error 500 after the first one.
Worm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, that's funny. The one time I was thinking "now what is it called when a guy posts twice" you come out and fucking tell me. That's just marvelous.
AArdvark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the patriotism set! I hear they are the funniest.

THE
16MM
AARDVARK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum