FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Hey Robb!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Scott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Hi HI hi Reply with quote

Well, this has all taken a turn for the hilarious. I appreciate the support.

For the record, the $40 drop is a coincidence; we had it scheduled for a while now, when a certain amount of sales and time happened. I'd hate for Jethro to think he's had the slightest little bit of influence on that.

Speaking of "slight influence", it's also obvious that Jethro is alone and quite on the distant edge of the opinion scale, so responding to him and his foolishness further would be redundant.

Looking forward to Jonsey's review.
Vitriola

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lex wrote:
I am in giggle mode. That must have been like opening the Christmas present and finding Narnia inside. What was it like, when you clicked that link?

My first thought was that somebody might have to invest in a wardrobe without numbers on the front and an offensive player on the top back.
Worm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vitriola wrote:
Lex wrote:
I am in giggle mode. That must have been like opening the Christmas present and finding Narnia inside. What was it like, when you clicked that link?

My first thought was that somebody might have to invest in a wardrobe without numbers on the front and an offensive player on the top back.

Is he going to do the interview with his dolls in the background?
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, with your SEVERED HEAD behind me, Bernowicz.

PERSONAL eTHREATS... HOW I LOVE 'EM
AArdvark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.designdir.net/designnews-cyberbullying-eyed-as-latest-ethreat-by-1064.html

THE
TSK TSK
FOR SHAME
AARDVARK
JQW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so it's "foolish" to not be in your target audience.

NICE.

What's next, an eight-disc BluRay retrospective on the Rubik's Cube in commemorative box? Perhaps a live webcast on the history of the Pet Rock? Maybe a theatrical release about the Hula Hoop? (Oh wait, the Coen Brothers already did that.) Good luck with that!
Knuckles the CLown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Robbb, first a documentary on BBS's, and now he is doing a documentary on text adventures too? He has captured your Saturday nights for the last 25 years on DVD! I LOVE IT BWHAHAHAHAH!! I hear he's doing a DVD signing at frito lay!
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're damn straight I'm pumped. Not all of us can watch The Shawshank Redemption, Oz and the Green Mile and get our documentary buzz from that.

Hey and, Chunky the Clown, I have never consumed a Frito-Lay product willingly in my life. You can't just make shit up. This isn't one of your court appearances.

I know that you're feeling chipper because there's nobody documenting what it's like to be almost thirty and be living at home without any transportation or prospects, but fuck you Knuckles, I GOT equity in this mother.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JQW wrote:
Ah, so it's "foolish" to not be in your target audience.

NICE.

What's next, an eight-disc BluRay retrospective on the Rubik's Cube in commemorative box? Perhaps a live webcast on the history of the Pet Rock? Maybe a theatrical release about the Hula Hoop? (Oh wait, the Coen Brothers already did that.) Good luck with that!

He clearly said that his next one is going to be about text adventures.

I love how you think FidoNet sucks (er, sucked) as well. Your motivations couldn't possibly be any more transparent unless you scratched them on wax sandwich paper. FidoNET, like all things dealing with NET (the Internet, NetHack and Sandra Bullock in... "The Net") and dual joystick buttons are not available to your Atari 800-slinging ass (the PCjr could deal with both, which made it the superior machine). You hate what you do not understand, but more, you fear what your backwards operating system could not let you enjoy. Sorry, but on FidoNet Pokey was a horse and not an important system function.

(I have a lot of money on you telling me that someone put together a TCP/IP stack for one of those wretched Atari 8-bit systems, so don't let me down.)

You really are a piece of work. You, who have bulletin boards to tangentially thank for meeting YOUR WIFE. The existence of your SON is in, a roundabout way, only possible because of bulletin board systems and you're dogging an independent film maker about it. What are you worried about?

I know that I troll your board in an almost preposterous manner, but that's because the bulk of what you talk about is lawns, foreign film and Johnny Lawdog. You need me performing that function. You "need me on that wall." I don't know why you're being like this in this thread. I know that I told you that I found you being the Anti-Poster on here funny in general, but I didn't think you'd take it this far, or to threads like this. I feel like J. Jonah Jameson after the Scorpion went rogue. What have I done?
Worm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's just that you're being a fool JQW.

You sit a scream "50 BUCKS FOR A SINGLE DVD?" and then scream "50 BUCKS FOR MULTIPLE DUAL LAYERED DVDS?" then "Okay, 40 bucks?". You're just a fucking joke, sorry. You maintain an idiotic stance and don't budge until you can make it look like it was your own choice, rather than a realization of your stupidity.
JustFuckingGoogleItFairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
(I have a lot of money on you telling me that someone put together a TCP/IP stack for one of those wretched Atari 8-bit systems, so don't let me down.)

All Jeff is good for is letting people down. Well, that, and being a self-obsessed, insecure, nattering-nabob-of-negativity, little dribble of dogshit. Thought you knew that by now.

So since he's not going to Just Fucking Google TCP/IP stacks for the Atari 8-bits, I figured I'd help out. Seeing as how I'm helpful and all, because fairies are always helpful.

http://www.sics.se/~adam/contiki/ports/atari.html

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=4153256

ftp://ftp.groessler.org/pub/chris/cc65/contiki/

Also, Jeff, just to make you chew more furiously on the end of your mullet while you work up a good spittle-spewing froth, you're the sole reason I bought the BBS Documentary. Simply because you were being such a venomous shithead, I decided to toss my $50 at Jason. Good going!

And now that I've done that, Jeff and the CLown can go back to giving each other sloppy rimjobs. Christ, I'm glad I've never been anywhere near Rochester.

Love and Kisses,
The Just Fucking Google It Fairy
Knuckles the CLown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustFuckingGoogleItFairy wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:

All Jeff is good for is letting people down. Well, that, and being a self-obsessed, insecure, nattering-nabob-of-negativity, little dribble of dogshit. Thought you knew that by now.

So since he's not going to Just Fucking Google TCP/IP stacks for the Atari 8-bits, I figured I'd help out. Seeing as how I'm helpful and all, because fairies are always helpful.

http://www.sics.se/~adam/contiki/ports/atari.html

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=4153256

ftp://ftp.groessler.org/pub/chris/cc65/contiki/

Also, Jeff, just to make you chew more furiously on the end of your mullet while you work up a good spittle-spewing froth, you're the sole reason I bought the BBS Documentary. Simply because you were being such a venomous shithead, I decided to toss my $50 at Jason. Good going!

And now that I've done that, Jeff and the CLown can go back to giving each other sloppy rimjobs. Christ, I'm glad I've never been anywhere near Rochester.

Love and Kisses,
The Just Fucking Google It Fairy

Fuck you, I don't ruin threads, I just take jabs at brother for being a geek.
JQW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, until the "not in Rochester" line, it sounded like Chris was back with another misplaced rant. Apparently this person is monumentally stupid, too, if they just paid $50 for a product which sells for $40. Might was well buy it at Amazon for $60.

Worm - I never said "$50 FOR THREE MULTILAYER DVDS?", actually.

ICJ - so many errors, so little time. The big ones:
POKEY was a sound chip, not a system function.
Who the hell are you talking about TCP/IP for? Fidonet used xmodem to transfer email messages. That's ALL it did. It was not some precursor of the internet. I'm pretty sure there were fidonet hookups on the Atari 8bit, and definitely were for the ST, which came out around the same time as Fidonet was created. And yes, that makes the fairy rant even stupider, as it took your crude mistake and ran with it as if it were useful.
As for me, I either get crap about having lost my edge or having gone too far. Oh well! C'mon, without me churning this thread up, JC's be even deader than it has been lately.

(And when I said "what's next", I meant after the text adventure. As in, continuing the trend of documenting nonrelevant stuff.)

I can't wait for the probing, indepth documentary on bell-bottom pants!
Jeff Gargles Cock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JQW, Choad-Chewer Extraordinaire wrote:
Apparently this person is monumentally stupid, too, if they just paid $50 for a product which sells for $40. Might was well buy it at Amazon for $60.

Or, you know, I bought it between the time you started being a dick about it and the time he dropped the price. There was a fair bit of time in there.

Cock-gargling Dickhead wrote:
Who the hell are you talking about TCP/IP for? Fidonet used xmodem to transfer email messages. That's ALL it did. It was not some precursor of the internet.

I'll give you that it wasn't a precursor of the Internet, in the sense that ARPAnet was alive and well by the time FidoNet happened. But, of course, in point of actual fact, for exactly the reason that it was a store-and-forward message service, it was for many users a precursor of the Internet: you could send messages to other people a long way away, and get replies from them. Remember, quaintly, how nodes used to forward messages in the middle of the night because long-distance rates were lower? It was the first taste, for a lot of people, of a geographically-distributed computer communications network. That's pretty Internet-like, or would be, if you weren't so insecure--it's your tiny penis, isn't it?--that you had some strange demented compulsion to attack absolutely anything you can't lay claim to. Say, do you pee on your own furniture to mark your territory? Maybe not. You probably pee on other people's furniture.

Mr. I Give Rimjobs to Diseased CLowns wrote:
And yes, that makes the fairy rant even stupider, as it took your crude mistake and ran with it as if it were useful.

News flash, Jeff: nothing about the Atari is useful anymore. Cool, yes; a TCP/IP implementation for 8-bit machines is pretty cool. Useful, no.

Glmprh glrmph THIS IS SOME GOOD COCK HERE glmrph wrote:
Oh well! C'mon, without me churning this thread up, JC's be even deader than it has been lately.

Oh, are you about to LEAVE...FOREVER? I sure hope so. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, etc.

Please, sir, may I have another COCK? wrote:
(And when I said "what's next", I meant after the text adventure. As in, continuing the trend of documenting nonrelevant stuff.)

I can't wait for the probing, indepth documentary on bell-bottom pants!

Oh, I get it. You violently object to nonrelevant subjects of study...unless it's an Atari or Baby Pac-Man. You have to go out of your way to belittle--nay, to be a TOTAL FUCKING COCKMONSTER about someone who actually makes the effort to create something about these subjects--and hey, what have you ever created of value? Seriously. One thing. Name it, Jeff--and yet, you're so unbelievably neurotic and insecure about your own little urine-smelling cage that you go out of your way to savage Jonsey for not being a sufficient Atari nerd. Jesus, the lack of control over your environment must be driving you nuts, musn't it? No one respects your authority! You've gotta put a stop to that.

Seriously: just go beat your wife, or your kids, for being uppity. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better when you're able to exert some control over them. You'll feel like a big, big man. Maybe you and the CLown can share a cell after that. Don't worry. We all know how much, deep down inside, you'll be enjoying all the big black cock you'll be meeting up close and personal in the POKEY.

The Artist Formerly Known as the Just Fucking Google It Fairy
JQW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, blah, blah. I reiterate, tcp/ip has nothing at all to do with fidonet, and I didn't bring up whether or not the Atari 8bit has tcp/ip. Moron. Who's stupider, Jonsey for thinking that I didn't like Fidonet because he incorrectly thought that my computer in the early '80s couldn't use it AND thinking that it relied on tcp/ip or any kind a persistent network, or you running with the notion and now pretending to be knowledgable about it?

And complaining that the Atari isn't useful any more is pretty funny in a thread that is about a BBS DOCUMENTARY and which Fidonet has now come up in.

And, you seem to have serious problems understanding words that are in front of you. Mentioning that JC has been dead lately, and reading that as "I'm leaving"? Boy, are you dumb. The depths of human stupidity never fail to amaze me.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
POKEY was a sound chip, not a system function.

I didn't mean function as in the programming sense. That would be POKE and for the C64. Though I don't know, maybe you could also use the command POKE on the Atari. But sound manipulation is also a system function.

Quote:
Who the hell are you talking about TCP/IP for? Fidonet used xmodem to transfer email messages.

Those were two separate statements. i.e., you couldn't do Fidonet on your 800XL, so you'd tell me about how you could create a TCP/IP stack on the 800XL. I knew that people were getting on the Internet with their Commodores, so I presumed some dork would have made it possible for the 8-bit to do it as well.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there were fidonet hookups on the Atari 8bit

I am almost positive that you couldn't, at least early on. I know, because I wanted to exchange messages between JC and the Moose BBS. But the software wasn't available for the 8-bit. Or to put it another way: if it WAS available, nobody in Rochester knew about it and it was available well after any of us were interested. I mean, the proof is in the pudding: do YOU recall any Atari BBS being down from 3am-4am?

Quote:
And definitely were for the ST, which came out around the same time as Fidonet was created.

Who's talking about the ST? Tell me about the Lynx next, why don't you?

Quote:
As for me, I either get crap about having lost my edge or having gone too far.

That's what you get as the anti-poster.

Quote:

Unfortunately, the only interesting games being made any more are in the class of game called text adventure. But you keep killing those guys in your precious and woefully derivative first person shooters!
Jeff Slurps the Rod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Sperm Gargling Jeff wrote:
And complaining that the Atari isn't useful any more is pretty funny in a thread that is about a BBS DOCUMENTARY and which Fidonet has now come up in.

See, Jeff, you're the person who's getting all offended that this BBS documentary isn't about something relevant. Me, I'm perfectly happy with that, and with the idea that the Atari is no longer relevant either. I don't require my recreation to serve some higher purpose and to meet someone's standards of Adequately Serious Entertainment.

It's you who's defending the Atari's precious honor; I'm content to say, yeah, I paid full price for a documentary about something that doesn't have much, if any relevance, to the Pressing Issues Of The Day (because, guess what, $50 really is not much money! (at least if you aren't a bag-boy at Wegman's))--and that I did so not because I really give that much of a shit about BBSes, but mostly because you were being such a cockweasel about it that I wanted to give this guy Jason money just for irritating you--but then I don't feel some sort of need to go around correcting anyone who makes misstatements about the Atari either. I clearly lack the issues that make you absolutely have to either be the final authority on anything that's mentioned or trash it because you, in fact, aren't that final authority.

Lex had it right way back at:
Lex wrote:
How about you let someone else achieve something without whining about it? Go back and enjoy the 20 hits a day Groucho gets while this man becomes rich and famous by actually doing something.

I'd like to reiterate Worm's question:
Worm wrote:
Why are you a piece of shit Jethro?

I have my suspicions; it's because you're so unbelievably insecure. Maybe it's because of your tiny penis, or your uncontrollable lust for Jason Priestly, or maybe it's just that your mother didn't love you, and honestly, who can blame her?

BALLS DEEP IN MY THROAT! wrote:
And, you seem to have serious problems understanding words that are in front of you. Mentioning that JC has been dead lately, and reading that as "I'm leaving"? Boy, are you dumb. The depths of human stupidity never fail to amaze me.

Just wishful thinking, I guess.

The Please Just Choke On Cock Fairy
co

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that was pinback, ICJ needs to check the IP.
Sieg Heil!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

co wrote:

Well, hello, you prissy, officious little net-Nazi, you.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone would show up and whine that the bad man wasn't playing nice and someone should go all net.cop on his ass.

I'm just surprised that Jeff didn't beat you to the punch, you uptight sack of turd.

I have an idea to help you relax. Take a bunch of biscuits. You know, the kind that come in the little cardboard tube. Take 'em out of the tube, put them on a cookie sheet, and then write Jewish names on them, like "Shlomo", "Hymie", "Ruben", and so on. Then put 'em in the oven.

You'll feel better soon. I promise.

After you've done that, maybe then you could start your own fucking BBS where you could police everyone's IP as much as you wanted, rather than sticking your perfect little Aryan button nose in where it has no fucking business.

Pinback...no, wait, Roody...maybe it's Bruce...could be it's ItGirl...might be Chris...shit, I bet it's Debaser...no, maybe it's Keza....
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sieg Heil! wrote:
co wrote:

Well, hello, you prissy, officious little net-Nazi, you. . . some funny shit
Obviously I was joking because I had it out with the sysop over him doing exactly that to me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum