FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away. Reply with quote

For years, Ben and I have tried to expand the roster and poster base of this website, in order to have interesting discussions. Well, it all failed horribly. So we're going to do something else. Something we're GOOD at. We are going to try to run every last user off the BBS.
pinback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're reading this, please close your browser and do not return.

That doesn't seem too much to ask for ten years of service.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you keep reading? This is like college. There is nothing for you here.
pinback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're gone, buddy!
gschmidl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I wanted to register just so I could be sent off, but it turns out I already registered ages ago OH WELL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away. Reply with quote

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
For years, Ben and I have tried to expand the roster and poster base of this website, in order to have interesting discussions. Well, it all failed horribly. So we're going to do something else. Something we're GOOD at. We are going to try to run every last user off the BBS.

In view of your sneering comments about Atlas Shrugged, most of which had nothing to do with the book and were attacks on the author, I shall take your advice. Both of you go fuck yourselves sideways with a chainsaw, I'm out of here.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gschmidl wrote:
Dammit, I wanted to register just so I could be sent off, but it turns out I already registered ages ago OH WELL

Understood. You have made a decision that I think is best for all of us involved here. It would be best if we all started deleting our browsers, to ensure that we never come back. Who's first?
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away. Reply with quote

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:

In view of your sneering comments about Atlas Shrugged, most of which had nothing to do with the book and were attacks on the author, I shall take your advice. Both of you go fuck yourselves sideways with a chainsaw, I'm out of here.

Agreed. You're doing the right thing here.

Years ago, on a different BBS, there was a poster who indicated she wanted to buy a Volkswagon. Former JC Poster Jethro Q. Walrustitty said that Hitler designed the Volkswagon. It was a car for Hitler.

Now, whether this is true or not, it offended the poster. Though she did not currently own a Volkswagon. (In fact, at that time, JQW owned two VW Fastbacks!) I never understood how a person could be offended over something they didn't make themselves, much less own themselves.

Because I get it, if someone had just made such a purchase. "I love my new car!" "Did you know it was designed by the anti-Christ?" That's rude.

But under no circumstances should you, Paul, internalize comments made about Ayn Rand, who is deceased, and take them personally. Both Ben and I enjoy your company, but the thing is, it is better for friendships everywhere if we no longer allow such misunderstandings to take place.
Flack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized I arrived late to the party. I'm like the guy that shows up at 2am and am like, "man, this is a blast!" and everyone else is either partied out, passed out, or went home. That being said, this is one of my favorite tiny little hidey-holes on the web. If I hadn't wandered over to the party, even though I was late, I wouldn't have met ICJ or PB or the awesome Aardvark.

I hope this place doesn't implode because I really enjoy coming here on a daily basis. So anyway, know that I enjoy coming here, and know that I know that I'm "that" guy.
pinback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flack wrote:
I realized I arrived late to the party. I'm like the guy that shows up at 2am and am like, "man, this is a blast!" and everyone else is either partied out, passed out, or went home. That being said, this is one of my favorite tiny little hidey-holes on the web. If I hadn't wandered over to the party, even though I was late, I wouldn't have met ICJ or PB or the awesome Aardvark.

I hope this place doesn't implode because I really enjoy coming here on a daily basis. So anyway, know that I enjoy coming here, and know that I know that I'm "that" guy.

Don't you think it'd be best, though, if instead of coming here, you did the opposite of that?

I'm not saying that because you are not liked, you are the most liked person on the BBS! But I can say definitively that my life got worse and worse the longer I stayed here, and the same will happen to you. We're thinking of you, here.

Why not give it a try, anyway?
ChainGangGuy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true!

The Ben of today is almost entirely unrecognizable from his old self that joined the site on Apr 27th, 2002. We don't even know who you are anymore, Pinback!
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can take a few questions I've received over Twitter and, most creepily, Dropbox.

"Are we still friends?"

Of course! The BBS is separate from friendship. We can all still be friends. We simply cannot, and I stress, can NOT, continue to be together on this particular system of communication. It's better for us all to dissolve this methodology. Don't you think?

"Why is this happening? Is this for real?"

forreal yo

"Let's go to dennys"

Agreed, let's go to Denny's.

Denny's, I shall point out, is not this BBS and therefore an acceptable avenue of comm--

You're still here. Still reading. Why? Please do us a favor and run a space age magnet over the platters of your drive that contain the DNS records for this system. (Solid state drive owners: get fucked, you smug, over-opulent one-percenters.)
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away. Reply with quote

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:

Agreed. You're doing the right thing here.

Years ago, on a different BBS, there was a poster who indicated she wanted to buy a Volkswagon. Former JC Poster Jethro Q. Walrustitty said that Hitler designed the Volkswagon. It was a car for Hitler.

There's a difference. You're just being a sick fuck and a scumbag trying to bait me; none of what you said, you bastard, had any relevance and most was probably just goddamn wrong.

The above comment about Hitler might be offensive to some people but at least it's true. Then again, pointing out there were gas chambers and people were gassed to death at Birkenau, Dachau and Auschwitz might be offensive to some people despite the fact that is also true (opinions of full or partial Holocaust Deniers to the contrary notwithstanding.)

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Now, whether this is true or not, it offended the poster. Though she did not currently own a Volkswagon. (In fact, at that time, JQW owned two VW Fastbacks!) I never understood how a person could be offended over something they didn't make themselves, much less own themselves.

Because I get it, if someone had just made such a purchase. "I love my new car!" "Did you know it was designed by the anti-Christ?" That's rude.

But under no circumstances should you, Paul, internalize comments made about Ayn Rand, who is deceased, and take them personally. Both Ben and I enjoy your company, but the thing is, it is better for friendships everywhere if we no longer allow such misunderstandings to take place.

I took it personally because you clearly did it to be nothing more than a trolling piece of shit, and you, you bastard, had to know, even if you were a less-than sub-moronic imbecile, that it would offend me. Clearly your level of intelligence fails to rise to the level of a less than sub-moronic imbecile. Thus you deserve every bad thing that happens to you, you scumbag dickwad. (If I'm using today's insult wrong, forgive me I'm sometimes forgetful.)

Suppose I started saying that Breakling Bad was a horrible show because the guys who wrote it were child molesters who got off on a technicality (Note to anyone who might pass this on to someone in hopes I get sued for libel, I am not claiming this to be true, I am giving it as a weird example.)

Most of what you had to say was a sneering attack and ad-hominem malice rather than a critical review. You are worse than a shit and a rotter, and the only way you can atone for your crimes against humanity is to kill yourself. Both of you.

Last edited by Tdarcos on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinback wrote:
I'm not saying that because you are not liked, you are the most liked person on the BBS! But I can say definitively that my life got worse and worse the longer I stayed here, and the same will happen to you.

Then make up for your progressive decline into scum and villainy by committing suicide. For once in your life, Pinhead, do something to improve the world, by removing your less-than-worthless existence from it.
pinback wrote:
We're thinking of you, here.

Why not give it a try, anyway?

I agree. I'm thinking of you and recommend you give suicide a try. Consider the words to the theme song of M*A*S*H.

I mean, you guys felt so good here when you posted those messages where you all discovered your friend had done such important and necessary work to make sure his family no longer suffered and gave them a mercy killing before removing himself.

(Now, wouldn't that a really low blow if I'd meant it?)
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: We're tired of you, nobody wants you here. Go away. Reply with quote

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How much are you willing to pay me to abandon this place? Otherwise I might just stick around and post even more, just for spite!
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Please do us a favor and run a space age magnet over the platters of your drive that contain the DNS records for this system.

Jonsey, you of all people should realize except for caching - which can be flushed at any time - the DNS records are on the Root Servers owned by ICANN, and that points to the .COM server. Most of us are getting our DNS from our providers and even cached data comes from them too.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
(Solid state drive owners: get fucked, you smug, over-opulent one-percenters.)

Technically a jump drive or a memory card inserted in a reader constitutes a "solid state drive" and thus virtually everyone has one. There are no moving parts in a jump drive (except possibly the housing or carrier if it has a cap or is mounted in a means to protect it) and none in a memory card.
Flack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it when mommy and daddy and the creepy guy in the wheelchair fight.
pinback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited!

Why won't you all just go? Please?
AArdvark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, does that mean there will be a Jolt Country telnet incarnation. I'm always up for the new best old thing.

Actually this is one of the most addicting places on the internet. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling every time log on.

THE
THRU THE BAG
AARDVARK
pinback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AArdvark wrote:
So, does that mean there will be a Jolt Country telnet incarnation. I'm always up for the new best old thing.

No. This is the end of this. We had a good tolerable mediocre thoroughly unacceptable run here, but it's over.

You've all been given your virtual cardboard boxes, to pack up all your shit and leave the building in an orderly fashion.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Best of JC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum