FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Single-Line Window

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Single-Line Window Reply with quote

Because of the layout of my new game, I needed to mess around with the status line. It'll go all the way across the top, like normal, without graphics. But with graphics, I wanted it to appear at the top of the "status" area (I grabbed the window defs from Guilty Bastards and modified them), with the graphic going to the top (status line doesn't stretch above it). In order to do this, I can't just use a "window 1" command (that would make it go all the way across the top). I could do a custom "window" command, but I was trying to get the window_class to work.

What I found was odd. If I tried a 1-line window, it would always give me a 10-line window instead. I could do a 2-line window, but nothing shorter.

I found the problem in window.h, and modified a duplicate copy for my purpose. But, I thought I'd shared this. I don't know if it intentionally doesn't support a 1-line window, but here's what I did to change it:

Code:
height = self.win_bottom - self.win_top
!!!MPS 06/01/2005 - increment first, to support 1-line windows.
!if height++ = 0:  height = 10
if ++height <= 0:  height = 10
if self.win_title:  height++
Merk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, that code replaces the block that starts at line 97 in window.h.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum