FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

jEdit edit mode for Hugo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeWindies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: jEdit edit mode for Hugo Reply with quote

I'm just getting started with Hugo, so I immediately distracted myself from learning it by writing a Hugo edit mode for my text editor of choice, jEdit.

Anybody else who uses jEdit can download the mode file from here: http://www.caboose.org.uk/dev/hugo/hugo.xml Installation instructions are in the comments at the top of the XML file.

One problem I encountered while writing the edit mode was that there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive list of keywords in the Hugo Book. For example, 'global' doesn't appear in Appendix A's summary of keywords and commands. Have I overlooked some documentation somewhere or should I check the source for a definitive list?

OW
pinback

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigeria, huh? I've got a few business dealings going on there. Tell me, do you know a "DR CLEMENT OKON"?
OrangeWindies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I don't know him, but then I've only just moved over here.
pinback

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. How about Sir Sambujang Jammeh, or the barrister Momoh Sanni Momoh?

I really need to get in touch with these guys.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: jEdit edit mode for Hugo Reply with quote

OrangeWindies wrote:
Have I overlooked some documentation somewhere or should I check the source for a definitive list?

I don't think so. I think that's the one Pinback pulled from when he made a similar file for EditPlus2.

Though Kent usually pops in before too long, so I'm sure we'll get the definitive answer shortly.

Robb
Kent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. The definitive list of tokens/keywords recognized by the compiler is in the Hugo Book starting on page 228 or so. Note that this includes some non-language tokens (specifically those with a '#' suffix), and doesn't include the keywords that are used to define various elements for the compiler, namely:

array
attribute
class
compound
constant
enumerate
event
global
object
property
punctuation
removal
replace
routine
synonym
verb
xverb

I think that's it--if you're feeling adventurous you can peek at hcpass.c in the Hugo source code to see what the Pass1() function looks at to start parsing source code.

(Yeah, at some point it would be good to consolidate this all in one place. The next edition of the Hugo Book.)
Hugella2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a local copy of the Hugo source 'documented' by Doxygen. If it'd be useful to anyone, let me know and I'll put it online.

Cena
Kent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds interesting. Does it do a good job?
Cryptonomic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent wrote:
Note that this includes some non-language tokens (specifically those with a '#' suffix), and doesn't include the keywords that are used to define various elements for the compiler, namely:

That is probably something I should note in my documentation as well. I had written a "Keywords" section and I had included the very things you list here as being "elements for the compiler."

I should probably update that.

- Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OrangeWindies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kent, I've modified my keywords list to match and uploaded the new mode file.
Hugella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Hugo Lib by Doxygen Reply with quote

Kent asked if it did a good job. I'm not the one to properly evaluate it. Someone who knows what they're looking at, let us know if it's any good! :)

http://hugonomicon.sf.net/hugodox/html/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum