FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Why'n'cho guys tell me your take on all the Nazi stuff latel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Troll Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Why'n'cho guys tell me your take on all the Nazi stuff latel Reply with quote

Just curious as to what you all think.
pinback

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm not a huge fan of "the Nazi stuff", either lately, or, really, at any point in history.

I'm "good" on Nazis, you might say.
CO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been in a riot before, if the Berkeley march happens I'll be there and -- IT's ON.
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinback wrote:
I guess I'm not a huge fan of "the Nazi stuff", either lately, or, really, at any point in history.

I'm "good" on Nazis, you might say.

I understand. Even The Blues Brothers only hate the ones from Illinois; they were probably cool with all the others.

But you know, the Holocaust wasn't all that bad. A lot of companies made money off of this method of "trash removal." The railway got freight revenues for all the Jews shipped as freight to places like Auchwicz, Birkenau, and Dacau. Plus the tons of Zyklon-B that IG Farben sold for delousing, but was used for off-label exterminations.

That last one can't be too bad. Many US states, now, have laws on the books to allow them to hide the names of the companies supplying them with the chemicals they use for lethal injections, both so the companies won't be targeted for protests and so the FDA won't stop them as none of these chemicals are proven safe and effective for use in executing human beings. No clinical trials have been done, and intentional off-label use of a product in this manner is barred by federal law.
CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darcos, perhaps you shouldn't try your hand at sarcastic posting by linking and highlighting "positives" of genocide and capital punishment, it didn't work out as you may have hoped.
pinback

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may offer an alternate opinion, I enjoyed Paul's pro-Holocaust stance.
RealNC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get these every other day. I'm used to them. "Hitler wasn't all that bad" is a common conversation topic.

Hey, at least your Nazis are all white. That's something, right?
Jizaboz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current words on my "muted" list in Twitter:

charlottesville
    nazi
    bieber
    president
    trump

I'm one of those "conspiracy guys" that believes some of our last "Nazis" in America were high-ranking U.S. officials and business men. I can't be fucking bothered to care about this rednecks VS hipsters stupidity.

Better to focus on important things like work and video games!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pinback

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And srimp!
AArdvark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now they are going to modify some subway tiles in Manhattan's Times Square station because it looks sort of like a Confederate flag.
You remember all those people that swore they were going to move to Canada after the election?

THE
STATE OF RIDICULOUS
AARDVARK
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say that it was a bit weak to see many, many people denounce others as "Nazis" for 10 years leading up to this.

But then the Neo Nazis went and killed a woman. That's always the dividing line, I think. People that actually get what America is about understand that as much as it sucks, people are allowed to assemble and speak their terrible beliefs out loud. If they want to be the guys we rolled over in videogames since Castle Wolfenstein, go ahead. Buuuuuuuuut then they killed a woman, a perfectly nice woman who wasn't doing anything to anyone. That's probably where we need to go ahead and shut it down.

(I don't have specifics around "shut it down," which is why I am able to say that so glibly.)

I'm disappointed, as an American, that so many Americans decided to take up the imagery and symbols of some of the worst people in modern civilization, but I am doubly disappointed as a gamer. This is like carrying around flags of the S piece from Tetris.
RealNC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could shut them down the same way as communism; just make it illegal. Germany passed a law many years ago. I'm too bored to look up the details, but it went something like "It's illegal to be a Nazi, and if you are, you're getting arrested."

If you can do it for communism, it's not too big a stretch to also do it for nazism. I'd even say nazism is arguably worse than communism. (Not saying the latter is good, just saying the former is worse.)
Tdarcos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealNC wrote:
You could shut them down the same way as communism; just make it illegal. Germany passed a law many years ago. I'm too bored to look up the details, but it went something like "It's illegal to be a Nazi, and if you are, you're getting arrested."

If you can do it for communism, it's not too big a stretch to also do it for nazism. I'd even say nazism is arguably worse than communism. (Not saying the latter is good, just saying the former is worse.)

1. By "Communist Party" I'm referring to any organization calling for the overthrow of the government by force or violence. In the 1940s and 1950s something under 200 people got jail time for being Communist Party members under the Smith Act.

2. In 1957, the U.S. Supreme Court in Yates v. US struck down convictions for membership in a Communist organization where what is involved is teaching or advocacy of Communism, including the idea that the government must be overthrown, even with violence, as opposed to actual attempts or preparation to engage in violent overthrow of the government. Since then, no person has been prosecuted for being a Communist.

3. The United States from then could not made it illegal to be a member of the Communist Party, they just gave it a "badge of shame" and instituted laws which required communist organizations to register and in some cases people who are members of a Communist organization also to do so. Registering - or being suspected of being an unregistered Communist - meant you would be ineligible to have a government security clearance or even many government jobs. By the time the Communist Control Act of 1954 was passed, the desire to "go after" communism or communists had waned, and even though that law outlaws communism in the U.S., the law is not enforced and there is still a Communist Party in the US.

3. The First Amendment guarantees the right to peaceably assemble, which is why, as long as a hate group - KKK, White Supremacy, Black Lives Matter, the Westboro Baptist Church - do not engage in violence they have a protected right to organize, recruit, and proselytize their ideas, no matter how sick other people think they or their ideas are.

4. Personally I think #3 is the wisest course. If their toxic ideas are shown off in public, we can see them and know who they are, and what they think. If their ideas are made illegal, all you do is drive them underground, and possibly triggering public violence, since they can't publicly expose their ideas.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> The Troll Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum