FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Log in Log in

WIP: T-Man

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Adventure Creation Kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Admiral Ackguh



Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: WIP: T-Man Reply with quote

My next project is an ACK game called T-Man. It will be based on a certain multi-player board game, modified to be more adventure-like and suitable for solitaire play.

I have no graphics of you, but I hope to post them soon.
_________________
- A:A:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Admiral Ackguh



Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the opening screens:






This is the main map starting place, and the encounter selector:




Some more game maps:




And the endgame:


_________________
- A:A:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
joebonkk
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks super.
Back to top
Admiral Ackguh



Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can guess what board game this was based on?
_________________
- A:A:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joe.Bonk



Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Posts: 10
Location: ISS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral Ackguh wrote:

...

This is the main map starting place, and the encounter selector:



...


The screen are pretty intriguing. And the weather! :)

But in the picture above how do you get darkness to overshadow instead of what it always does on mine, which is all black?
_________________
Coming soon: Ultima Abyss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Admiral Ackguh



Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe.Bonk wrote:
The screen are pretty intriguing. And the weather! :)


The board game had each player roll a die at the beginning of their turn for the number of spaces they could (must, actually) move. I wanted to simulate this in the RPG, and I thought that using weather would be the best way to do it. I replaced turns with days. Each day starts with the weather being set to a certain value, which affects terrain passability. Each terrain type square takes a certain amount of game time to traverse. Stormy, rainy, or snowy weather increases this time. Dry weather decreases it.

Each day ends with an encounter, except in safe places (e.g. the four corners). It is in the player's best interest to spend as little time as possible in difficult terrain. That means waiting for good weather before entering such terrain.

Joe.Bonk wrote:
But in the picture above how do you get darkness to overshadow instead of what it always does on mine, which is all black?


I refer you to Configure Adventure, Page 5. There are settings for Darkness Color and Darkness Background. I set them to 18 and 0 respectively. If you use 0 and 0, then you see blackness with no detail.
_________________
- A:A:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joe.Bonk



Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Posts: 10
Location: ISS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Darkness Seems To Go Around The World Reply with quote

Admiral Ackguh wrote:
The board game had each player roll a die at the beginning of their turn for the number of spaces they could (must, actually) move. I wanted to simulate this in the RPG, and I thought that using weather would be the best way to do it. I replaced turns with days. Each day starts with the weather being set to a certain value, which affects terrain passability. Each terrain type square takes a certain amount of game time to traverse. Stormy, rainy, or snowy weather increases this time. Dry weather decreases it.

Each day ends with an encounter, except in safe places (e.g. the four corners). It is in the player's best interest to spend as little time as possible in difficult terrain. That means waiting for good weather before entering such terrain.


Genius. Looking forward to this one for sure. And the Dr. Who looks fantastic. What a great idea. You are a game making machine.

Thank you for letting me know about the two numbers. Once I set it to something other then my black and I am guessing that the result was darkness took over except maybe another color in the pallet. And if that color was present in the tile then only that color would show up. But bright blue didn't look so well. I may be (hopefully) wrong about that conclusion of what happened. I will keep testing.
_________________
Coming soon: Ultima Abyss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garth's Equipment Shop



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Posts: 634
Location: Festering Foothills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this concept Admiral!
_________________
Such is sweet Eloquence, that does dispel Envy and Hate, that thirst for human gore ~Blake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Adventure Creation Kit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Theme by Kage Musha - RPG Garden

Copyrights and trademarks are all of the belonging company. No copyright Infringement intended