FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Back to Hugo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgrassi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Back to Hugo Reply with quote

I've been quite far from the IF scene in the last period but I want to be back and have a deeper look now at hugo. Here are a few sparse questions:

1) I want to translate in italian the manual and make italian libraries. Is it possible? Should I ask to Kent for permission?
2) Is there anyone interested in collaborate to write a game, in Hugo, for Mondi Confinanti (http://www.terradif.net/mc)? The plot is almost completely written. The running title is "Nemesis", it's sci-fi "a la Philip Dick" and will have three chapters and flashback, plus images and possibly 'movies'. Note: I'm no good at programming so I'm firstly looking for Hugo programmers. I think that the game may be done in... let's say around one year from now plus a strong debugging and editing phase.
Cheers from Italy,
Rob
Merk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent has been generous with permission to translate in the past. I doubt it'd be a problem, but that's just my guess. You could try emailing him directly, or just wait a day or two for a reply (I think he's here frequently).

Somebody was trying to translate the Hugo library lately, and they had a few snags. I'm headed out at the moment, but I can do some research on that later, possibly.

I might be interested in collaborating. I have a busy work schedule at the moment. When were you thinking of starting? What's the plan for the game? A commercial release, freeware, IFComp, or what?

Thanks.

---- Mike.
rgrassi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Merk,

Quote:

Kent has been generous with permission to translate in the past. I doubt it'd be a problem, but that's just my guess. You could try emailing him directly, or just wait a day or two for a reply (I think he's here frequently).

Good. I can wait... :)

Quote:

I might be interested in collaborating. I have a busy work schedule at the moment. When were you thinking of starting? What's the plan for the game? A commercial release, freeware, IFComp, or what?

We could start tomorrow, if you're ready... :)
As for the game, I think that we could reasonably go for the IFComp of 2008.
Rob
Merk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeee.... better go for somebody else. I have no idea when I could actually start. And even when I do, I'd probably end up being kind of wishy-washy. I think my work schedule is going to be tough until the end of the year. It just sounds like an interesting project. Good luck!!
(Kent)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely fine with a translation of the library. For the most part, it's well-modularized and, but it's not always easy to see where, so I can provide some direction with that. There are also a couple of language-dependent routines for printing, list-ordering, formatting, etc. that will probably take a little bit more work, but a good knowledge of Hugo should make that relatively straightforward.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum