D
E
B
A
R
«
The Good Bits, March 2024
March 15th, 2024 by Ice Cream Jonsey

I started writing about computer games that I play with my little nephew. This is really a topic that I hope lets me look back and remember good times in later years, I get it how this may be uninteresting to a lot of people. But it also forces me to spend a little more time with games than I otherwise would. I’ve been playing video games for 40 years – it’s at the point where after about 10 minutes I can figure out what is going on with most games and if there is not some sort of hook that engages me with writing or art direction or problem to solve, well… most games are also 80 hours these days for some reason, and I just don’t have the time or interest for that. But I’ve spent more time with the 3D Pac-Man action-adventure game than I otherwise would have, and that has been pleasant on a couple different levels.

I also tried to write something up about the games I tried this month. Some links:

Zero Wing for the TurboDuo (played on an Analogue Duo)
Vigilante for the TurboDuo (played on an Analogue Duo)
Baldur’s Gate III
Atari 50 via Steam
I had success with a BOOTi board, an Apple //e and 4AM’s Total Replay package. Here is how that went. It’s so great.
Xenotilt, a completely mad pinball game on Steam.

Leave a Reply

https://www.joltcountry.com/index.php/features/the-good-bits-march-2024You must be logged in to post a comment.

»  Substance:WordPress   »  Style:Ahren Ahimsa