FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Jolt Country Forum Index
Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Victor decompiler

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugella

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Victor decompiler Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anybody's tried out this Hugo decompiler:

http://www.darkweb.com/~benrg/if-decompilers/ (scroll down to 'Victor".)

It requires the Haskell language installed on your system (Http://www.haskell.org) .

I just can't get it to run, but it's not a precompiled binary (I'm on WinXP) and I am not familiar at all with using makefiles and the like, although I've been fiddling around with it.

Just curious if anyone's actually *used* this, since I've never seen any mention of it.
Ice Cream Jonsey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Victor decompiler Reply with quote

Hugella wrote:
I'm wondering if anybody's tried out this Hugo decompiler:

http://www.darkweb.com/~benrg/if-decompilers/ (scroll down to 'Victor".)

It requires the Haskell language installed on your system (Http://www.haskell.org) .

I just can't get it to run, but it's not a precompiled binary (I'm on WinXP) and I am not familiar at all with using makefiles and the like, although I've been fiddling around with it.

Just curious if anyone's actually *used* this, since I've never seen any mention of it.

Whoa, there's a decompiler for Hugo games now? I presume text extraction is part of the tool?

I understand the whole "going forward" thing... but that sort of sucks. I rather liked the thought of people not being able to just read through all the text I put in the game unless they had a TLA handy.
Kent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Decompiler Reply with quote

It's sort of interesting for a start, but the Hugo decompiler is pretty bare-bones at this point and doesn't do much in the way of decompiling.

So don't worry, Robb--your secrets are safe.
pinback

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Decompiler Reply with quote

Kent wrote:
It's sort of interesting for a start, but the Hugo decompiler is pretty bare-bones at this point and doesn't do much in the way of decompiling.

So don't worry, Robb--your secrets are safe.

Besides, I think you have to actually release a game before people can start trying to decompile it.
Worm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jolt Country Forum Index -> Hugo's House of Horrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum