Sherdoggís NFL week 6
The game of the week could ruin the Seahawks, the Rams aint dead and New England just doesnít lose. The Steelers and Giants reuse to be swept to the bottom of the power rankings and Minnesota shocked the hell out of me by pulling a game in which they imploded. The slate of games is better this week and we will get a good peek of just how good the AFC stacks up against the NFC.
1. (1) New England ďSuper BowlĒ preview ruined after Seattleís collapse
2. (2) Philadelphia Motivation- Carolina punched them in the mouth last year
3. (4) Indianapolis Toyed with Raiders and wouldíve scored more if Stokley could catch
4. (5) Minnesota The difference- Last years Vikings wouldíve blown last weeks game versus against Houston
5. (6) Denver Reuben Droughns will disappoint fantasy owners everywhere
(9) NY Jets
Still undefeated and have a cream puff this week
7. (3) Seattle Who got beat for three TDís? Terreal Bierria. Put Boulware in now
8. (8) Atlanta I pumped them up and they showed no life against Lions
9. (7) Jacksonville 3-0 start a memory if they lose again
10. (11) Baltimore Losing Lewis will kill their pathetic offense, wonít be in top ten while he is gone
11. (15) Detroit Have won without Jones, Williams, Rogers, Bailey and Bly. Who are these guys?
12. (18) Pittsburgh Really snuck up on me. Rothlisberger deserves to keep job
13. (16) St. Louis Shouldíve been dead and buried but got over on Seattle big time
14. (19) NY Giants Just like the Steelers they dumfound me by starting 4-1.
15. (12) Tennessee Won big at Green Bay but must give way to Steelers and Giants
16. (14) Dallas Novelty has wore off and team being exposed as fraud
17. (17) Kansas City
Should be a pick em game, Fred Taylor is licking his chops
18. (14) Carolina What happened to their defense? Foster is out and they better hope Davis isnít
19. (13) Green Bay No longer a slide, more like a sky dive. Better fix it soon or they are done
20. (26) San Diego Kudos to Brees for buying Rivers time, Leaf disaster taught Bolts something
21. (24) Cincinnati Move up due to badness around them. Make or break vs. Cleveland
22. (22) Cleveland Do or die vs. Cincy, one teams season is over either way
23. (21) Arizona Play so hard against elite and then fold against terrible Niners
24. (20) New Orleans
Performance against Tampa Bay proves they donít give a shit
25. (23) Oakland Ug, they are horrible. Collins gets rid of the ball quick but to the wrong team
Showed some balls in comeback vs. Minnesota, Carr-Johnson? Aces
27.(25) Washington Every time Portis opens his mouth I hate him more
28.(28) Chicago Hopefully spent bye week noticing how bad the Redskins are
29 (29) Buffalo Finding new ways to lose every week
30.(30) Miami Hey Fiedler, just cause Ricky quit doesn't mean you have to play like Don Strock
31.(32) San Francisco Beating Cards in OT will be the top of 49ers highlight reel
32.(31) Tampa Bay I am pissed I have to write something about them playing on Monday Night Football
Magenta- Who Knows?
GAMES OF THE WEEK!
All against Spread
Big Games-2-3 (10-10)
(This weeks theme is who needs it more)
Tainted Super Bowl preview pick
Seattle Seahwaks+4.5 at New England Patriots
Who needs it more: Seattle
Why: The Seahawks have to prove they are not chokers and maintain their lead on the Rams. If the Patriots lose it will give them a good reason to kick the crap out of the Jets when they play for the division title.
Seattle comes fresh from embarrassing themselves and having unfunny people refer to them as the Seabags. That is the lamest insult I can think off. Replacing hawks with bags. WTF? A million words to choose from and thatís what passes for clever. Anyhow the Seahawks actually have 5 reporters caring about them in Seattle now so they will have 500 writing about them come game time due to playing against the Pats. Boston has become the annoying center of the sports universe. The streak ends now and Iím not pussying out by predicting Seattle to cover. If they donít win outright I take this pick as a loss.
SEAHAWKS 24 Patriots 23
Tim Dwight bowl pick
San Diego Chargers+5.5 at Atlanta Falcons
Who needs it more: Neither team
Why: The Falcons can win the South by default and there is no way the Chargers think they have a chance of accomplishing anything this year.
The Falcons can probably win their division at 5-11 and the Chargers honestly canít think they actually have a shot in the AFC West. The Chargers have too many issues to keep beating good teams, which the Flacons areÖ.barely. Ah, but I see the networks salivating over an easy story line- Brees, Tomlinson and Vick all being connected via the draft day trade. Doesnít matter, Falcons prevail.
FALCONS 26 Chargers 17
NY Titans Dallas Texans memorial pick
Houston Texans+5.5 at Tennessee Titans
Who needs it more: Tennessee
Why: If the Titans are a playoff team they need to start acting like one. The Texans won two in a row so they effectively accomplished all of their goals this season.
Both these teams have steered the impending train wreck back on the rails. Houston canít decide if it is still an expansion team and Tennessee doesnít know if itís window has closed. There is` still some life left in the Titans and Houston still appreciates being madly inconsistent. McNair is back anyhow making the Titans a top 15 team instead of a bottom 15 team.
TITANS 37 Texans 24
Opposites attract pick
Kansas City Cheifs-1.5 at Jacksonville Jaguars
Who needs it more: Kansas City
Why: KC is hanging on by a thread and think they are better than Denver. The Jags know they are a year away and are happy they donít stink
Just like when the Chiefís played Baltimore- the good D bad O vice versa thing. I blew it big last time and will compensate by hoping the Chiefs donít make me look like an idiot again. Fred Taylor finally gets to play a crappy D and he better explode, otherwise, why is he starting?
CHIEFS 28 Jaguars 24
MONDAY NIGHT HORROR
Tampa Bay Buccaneers+6.5 at St. Louis Rams
Who needs it more: St. Louis
Why: The Rams can climb back in to first place. The Buccaneers donít want to screw up their draft position
If I seem bitter about these Monday Night games it is because the match ups are one of the few things the NFL messes up. The NFL gets infatuated with teams and the hangover lasts forever. Who in gods name doesnít see the Bucs on the docket and want to put a bullet in their head. A re-match of the 99 championship game in the NFL might as well happened 30 ago with how quick this league changes. Cardinals-49ers is more interesting cause watching two shitty teams battle it out makes us all feel better. But watching the Bucs shoot themselves in the foot for 3 hours is not good T.V. Anyhow lets hope the hated Rams can end this one quick and make the ABC's MNF ratings be on par with John McEnroes talk show.
RAMS 38 Buccaneers 6
The Rest of the Week
Washington-1.5 at Chicago CHICAGO
Ten things to watch this week.
1. Fred Taylor doesnít bust out against KCís bad
Thank you reading this