Sherdoggís NFL week 4
When the top 6 donít move you are proud of your power rankings. Jacksonville can no longer be denied. There will be some shifting this week after the Jax-Indy game. This week Iíve added a * and/or a + to some teams. An * indicates they should call Jeff George a + means they should call the deadbeat dad association and find out where Andre Rison is living.
1. (1) New England (BYE) 2 weeks to prepare for Bledsoe tripping over himself.
2. (2) Philadelphia Merril Hoge says they wonít make playoffs. Way to be edgy and an idiot.
3. (3) Seattle Ended the 49ers point streak. Bye, then huge game against Rams.
4. (4) Indianapolis What a half by Manning. Defense actually made some good plays too
5. (5) Minnesota Let Chicago hang around to long. Have no excuse if they donít win division
6.. (6) Denver Ho-Hum win over San Diego, running game looking spotty
(11) Jacksonville Three
times is no fluke. Jack Del Rio is coach of the year already
8. (7) Atlanta Vick may be MVP and worst fantasy QB in league.
9. (10) NY Jets (BYE)Couldíve used bye later, team running on all cylinders
10. (9) Tennessee Two division loses could prove costly and McNair is already banged up
11. (8) Green Bay Best performance in a loss last week and Favre played great in a dome
12. (18) Baltimore+
Great D and running but Boller still sucks
13. (12) Carolina (BYE) Everyone curious to see if Foster can get it done again.
14. (17) Dallas Won an unwatchable Monday nighter in Washington
15. (15) Detroit No shame in getting blown away in Philly. Is Williams next Moss/TO?
16. (23) New Orleans Beat old foes Rams and 49ers back to back, can they sustain the intensity?
17. (14) St. Louis
2 games down in division and Martz coaches away another win.
18. (13) Kansas City+ The schedule gets even more brutal, not looking good.
How many QBís have played first game in worse weather? Good start
for Big Ben
20. (21) Oakland
Kicked Tampaís ass and enter the Kerry Collins era
21 (25) NY Giants
Warner looking better but I still see doom in their future
22. (16) Cincinnati
Disappointing start for ďsleeperĒ team
23. (20) Washington Must find a way to beat the Cowboys once in a while to be taken seriously
24. (26) Arizona Strange enough, they are not many points away from 3-0
25. (19) Cleveland Attention former college players everywhere- this team has 6 roster spots open
26. (24) Chicago* Good- Competitive every game Bad- Jonathan Quinn time
27. (27) San Diego A stupid roughing the punter from giving Broncos a run
28. (32) Houston A disturbing trend of winning the hard and losing the easy
29. (28) Buffalo* (BYE)A week to think about the beating New England will be giving them
30. (29) Miami*+ Larry Johnson rumors flying now, would help zero
31. (30) Tampa Bay+ This team should not be allowed on T.V.
32. (31) San Francisco Point streak over and probably season too.
Blue- ruining everything
Magenta- Who Knows?.
Last weeks results
All against Spread
Games of the Week
Best game of the season so far pick
Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars+3.5
A win by Jacksonville gives them at least a 2.5 game lead in the division. Unreal. It will be interesting when these teams get to beat up on the other 10 games in their schedule. This is turning into the best division in football. The Jags canít possibly pull another one out in the final seconds can they? No, this is the week they finally lose one, however they will cover.
Colts 21 JAGUARS 19
Two good teams playing ugly pick
Carolina Falcons at Atlanta Falcons+3.5
The NFC south has become a three horse race with New Orleans putting together back to back wins. It seems the more players New Orleans loses they better they are. Their starters apparently arenít team players? So what the hell does this have to do with Atlanta-Carolina. Iíll tell you- This is a huge division game and will have implications when these three teams are jumbled in the standings at the end of the year. Michael Vick has vowed to get the ball to his receivers more-why? They arenít any good and Vick plays better when playing to the tempo of the game. I have a feeling Atlanta's down fall will be forcing Vick to conform to what Bill Walsh and the West Coast gurus want and not what is good for Vick and the Falcons. The Panthers will have 13 days to realize losing the Super Bowl didnít impress anyone. The Panthers will win, not cover and 7 fgís will encompass the scoring.
Panthers 12 FALCONS 9
Packers need a win, here comes one pick
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers-7.5
Green Bay is supposed to lose this game for this reason- they played really well lest week and Favre was unstoppable. That means they will lay an egg against the Giants. Green Bay is supposed to win this week because- they ended up getting their ass kicked in the process of Favre throwing 4 TDís. The Giants being a bad team means nothing since the Pack already got blown out by the Bears. The wounded Packers secondary will have a better day as Darren Sharper can concentrate on Shockey rather than chasing Indyís big three.
PACKERS 31 Giants 21
Why David Carr should be starring on Our House or All My Children Pick
Houston Texans at Oakland Raiders-2.5
As you can tell there arenít many intriguing match-ups this week. Houston attempts to win back to games again. Not going to happen. Oakland has Collins at QB who still has lots left in the tank and a defense that is playing pretty good. Meanwhile the Texans QB looks like he should be starring in an 80ís soap opera. Something about David Carr really irritates me. Maybe itís wearing his wedding ring while playing (sheís not that hot), could be his stupid hair he refuses to cut until his team wins back-to-back games, but itís probably the fact he still celebrates every completion like a guy playing for an expansion team. Grow up you idiot, itís year three and you look no better now than you did throwing balls over Corey Bradfordís head in 2002.
RAIDERS 27 Texans 20
Monday Night UGH!
Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens-4.5
This looked like a one for the ages- great O vs. D and a pathetic O vs. a pathetic D. Kansas Cityís offense has ruined that. They arenít playing well and they must get another receiver. How did K.C. win so many games last year with these bad wideouts? If you can believe it, their defense probably played a little better in 03 and we all know Dante Hall was bailing them out on special teams. I shouldnít have much to say about the Ravens offense, but Jamal Lewis has to be a lock for 200 yards. Thatís the beauty of Lewis, there is no alternative, Boller isnít going to breakout and throw for 300. The Ravens should win this handedly.
BALTIMORE 28 Chiefs 17
The rest of the week
Washington-2.5 at Cleveland- WASHINGTON
Fantasy Player of the week predictions
Last weeks fantasy stars
QB Peyton Manning
Thanks for having me!